First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The major difference with the Jeep is the update takes effect as soon as the vehicle is started for the next trip. In the Mach-E, it will take 2 or 3 days for the "update successful" message. I wonder why the Mach-E needs several days when the Jeep only needs about 35-45 minutes?
Without knowing enough details about either vehicle's update sequences, it's hard to say.

But like everyone, I can wildly speculate, so here goes. ;) Perhaps the Jeep's updater also takes several days for certain steps, but it doesn't display the pending update notification to you until it's finished preloading everything required. And perhap's Ford's updater provides the driver notification before preparing any of the content.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Without knowing enough details about either vehicle's update sequences, it's hard to say.

But like everyone, I can wildly speculate, so here goes. ;) Perhaps the Jeep's updater also takes several days for certain steps, but it doesn't display the pending update notification to you until it's finished preloading everything required. And perhap's Ford's updater provides the driver notification before preparing any of the content.
Possible. It did start installing right away. There was a status bar on the screen that displayed the entire time. I could see it through the window while the Jeep was shut down and locked.

Wstempowski

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium AWD ER
Country flag
Would be a nice feature to have! I'm currently stuck in 1.7.1. It didn't finish installing it, now can't enable Auto Update or schedule updates. Shows expired on the OTA info, so not sure if/when it will attempt again.
I had the same issue. I took it in for my 20k mile service and the dealer tried updating the software. It has been in the shop for 5 of the past 20 days and somehow I've lost features and settings. I did also have the glitchy center screen which is what they were trying to fix since it wouldn't take updates. Apparently they've tried contacting @ford for guidance but have received nothing.

My recommendation is not to do this until they have a clear plan A through plan H documented. My dealer is currently on plan G with no progress.

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I just recently received OTA for 2.1 and now I have a frunk button but nothing happens. Still waiting on full car play though. Took delivery in March so I guess I am Job 1

625A1351-ED4D-4A47-89A7-B4F43AB825F4.jpeg

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I just recently received OTA for 2.1 and now I have a frunk button but nothing happens. Still waiting on full car play though. Took delivery in March so I guess I am Job 1

Ford Mustang Mach-E A Guide to Understanding OTA Updates 625A1351-ED4D-4A47-89A7-B4F43AB825F4
I believe the trunk button appeared with 1.7.1.
Definately was there in my car prior to the 2.1.0 update. Doesn't do anything though.....
Maybe for my anniversary. My first year with the car is Feb 26th. :)

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Why does bill not get his name capitalized?

An upcoming change is going to allow us to request a pending update, per several posts.

What does OTA stand for? Open Transmission Area? Opposing Transversal Appendix?

?
Obstructive Tattered App

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I believe the trunk button appeared with 1.7.1.
Definately was there in my car prior to the 2.1.0 update. Doesn't do anything though.....
Maybe for my anniversary. My first year with the car is Feb 26th. :)
I have both 1.7.1 and 2.1.0 and no button for me ?‍♂

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have both 1.7.1 and 2.1.0 and no button for me ?‍♂
Well there goes that idea. I could have sworn it showed up for me after 1.7.1. ???

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Well there goes that idea. I could have sworn it showed up for me after 1.7.1. ???
My APIM failed last year (well before 1.7.1) and I had to get it replaced. Maybe it's something tied to the hardware revision?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My APIM failed last year (well before 1.7.1) and I had to get it replaced. Maybe it's something tied to the hardware revision?
I believe it was part of 1.7.1 and then taken out as multiple people on here noticed. I don't have it either, got 1.7.1 a little over a month ago and am on 2.1.0 right now.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
My frunk button showed up with 1.7.1, but it seems like after the dealer updates the icon in it is gray and cannot be clicked. I could previously click it over and over again wishing for something to happen ? It may have changed that way with the second notice of 2.1 I received after the dealer updates.

PTRTech

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Extended Range, AWD
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
Really need @Ford to fix the broken OTA updates that won't let us schedule or do updates. Still somewhere between 1.6 and ?‍♂

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Really need @Ford to fix the broken OTA updates that won't let us schedule or do updates. Still somewhere between 1.6 and ?‍♂
Release notes imply it's fixed in 2.3.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
My frunk button showed up with 1.7.1, but it seems like after the dealer updates the icon in it is gray and cannot be clicked. I could previously click it over and over again wishing for something to happen ? It may have changed that way with the second notice of 2.1 I received after the dealer updates.
I wish I had a non-functional frunk button to complain about instead of having to complain about the total lack of a frunk button ?
Sponsored