Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
Apparently I can X plan discounts through my company and don’t even need the mustang club membership (see screenshot for details, might be helpful for many others to check the full list). However my dealer is stating that I won’t be eligible for ‘other Ford discounts’. He is being very vague and I called him out on it because all other discounts are either federal or state rebates associated with EV’s. None of those come out for the dealership bottom line, so not sure what the conflict might be.
If you own 100 or more shares of Ford for 6 months or longer, it would also make you eligible.
Sponsored

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I've seen lots of posts where people talk about dealers accepting X-plan and no ADM, but I couldn't find the answer to the following: if a dealer accepts X-plan does that mean they are also not able to tack on an ADM? I would think that's the case given the way the X-plan rules are written, but wanted to double check.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I've seen lots of posts where people talk about dealers accepting X-plan and no ADM, but I couldn't find the answer to the following: if a dealer accepts X-plan does that mean they are also not able to tack on an ADM? I would think that's the case given the way the X-plan rules are written, but wanted to double check.
Correct. X-Plan is a fixed price, printed right on the invoice. Since you've read the X-Plan rules, you should understand exactly what they can, and cannot add on.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Correct. X-Plan is a fixed price, printed right on the invoice. Since you've read the X-Plan rules, you should understand exactly what they can, and cannot add on.
Thanks for clarifying, that's what I understood from reading the rules but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I guess I was surprised that there were so many posts where people wrote that so and so accepts X-plan and no ADM since the latter is redundant, and also noticed in the spreadsheet that lists dealers who don't have ADM similar redundancy, so figured I'd confirm here.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for clarifying, that's what I understood from reading the rules but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I guess I was surprised that there were so many posts where people wrote that so and so accepts X-plan and no ADM since the latter is redundant, and also noticed in the spreadsheet that lists dealers who don't have ADM similar redundancy, so figured I'd confirm here.
Several reasons:

1) Many people don't understand what X-Plan is. All sorts of answers on the internet that are wrong.

2) Nearly everyone is too lazy to do what you did and read the rules. The rules are quite clear and unambiguous.

My mother bought a vehicle with A-Plan a few years back (plan type doesn't matter in this example). Dealership that had the vehicle we wanted didn't have any experience doing plan sales. I had them send me the paperwork via email, and had to make several corrections, several times. "Wait, we can't charge $599 for paperwork?"

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
As an additional benefit, the dealer is allowed to take more OFF, though. :) You can get x-plan and still qualify for dealer and manufacturer incentives (if there happen to be any you qualify for).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
As an additional benefit, the dealer is allowed to take more OFF, though. :) You can get x-plan and still qualify for dealer and manufacturer incentives (if there happen to be any you qualify for).
I don't think the dealer is allowed to gift anything of more than $50 value (in total) to you with x-plan... It's been a while since I've read the rules though.

Manufacturer incentives are different, as they are paid by the manufacturer not the dealer.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think the dealer is allowed to gift anything of more than $50 value (in total) to you with x-plan... It's been a while since I've read the rules though.
My dealer mentioned that when I asked if they would include a free 2nd FOB--per X-plan rules they can't. Hoping that whole 2nd FOB will be a non issue if that SSM 50176 thing is accurate.

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Just a quick update, I was able to find the X plan pin from my employer's discounts website and it's good for an year. I am hoping that I can use it now to get the 2% off the car when I take delivery of the vehicle (in early December hopefully). I am going to guess that I might have to fight my dealer of some other discounts he will state that I am not eligible for when I present him with the X plan paperwork, but hopefully we can make it all work.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just a quick update, I was able to find the X plan pin from my employer's discounts website and it's good for an year. I am hoping that I can use it now to get the 2% off the car when I take delivery of the vehicle (in early December hopefully). I am going to guess that I might have to fight my dealer of some other discounts he will state that I am not eligible for when I present him with the X plan paperwork, but hopefully we can make it all work.
Spend some time learning about X-Plan by reading the rules online.

The dealer will print an invoice that will clearly show the X-Plan price. 2% is a ballpark. Your employer may give you a login that you can use to look at X-Plan prices for similar vehicles.

When you go to sign paperwork, the dealer will look in the Smart Vincent system for rebates. Right now, it's $100, plus if you use Ford Options it's $1,000 or $2,500 more depending on your state.

Don't count on more discounts.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
But, X-Plan does not prohibit dealers from adding other junk to the vehicle (window etching, underbody coating, etc, as a dealer installed "option"). Some people misunderstand the difference between ADM (dealer just feels like charging you more for the vehicle) and dealer installed "options."

Dealer installed options are allowed under X-Plan, so be watchful for those scams.

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I only see the following pricing options which are for base models basically. How do they account for pricing if I have any packages added or that I have an extended range battery?
As regarding other discounts what I was asking was whether the dealer can cancel other point of sale discounts I might be eligible for like CA clean fuel rebate which I think takes $1500 off the sticker price here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E A, Z, X plan discount pricing for Mach-E 1634056311681

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I only see the following pricing options which are for base models basically. How do they account for pricing if I have any packages added or that I have an extended range battery?
As regarding other discounts what I was asking was whether the dealer can cancel other point of sale discounts I might be eligible for like CA clean fuel rebate which I think takes $1500 off the sticker price here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E A, Z, X plan discount pricing for Mach-E 1634056311681
Their computer will list the exact calculated pricing based on the x-plan.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

1634056311681.png
That's true for any Ford vehicle. Then, you go into the Build and Price and make your vehicle, and you see clearly the X-Plan price for it. X-Plan for nearly all Ford's is a formula. However, for the Mach-E, you can't use that formula, you have to get it off the Ford invoice, where it's clearly shown.

You seem to think the dealer can deny you rebates. They have no control over rebates, which come from the manufacturer, or in this case a rebate that comes from a state organization. If you go to this website -https://cleanfuelreward.com/ - it shows you what "retailers", i.e. dealers, will give the rebate at time of sale.

The manufacturer rebates from Ford are determined by the Smart Vincent system, not the dealer. And the deal is audited by Ford so if something was missed they should catch it.

If you read the information I posted in this thread, it explains all about X-Plan. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/x-plan-rules-and-faqs.10322/

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the hyperlink, it's got really good information. I was just concerned by the dealer's comment that honoring X plan pricing would make me ineligible for other Ford discounts (without being specific). I am guessing if he does everything by the book, I should have nothing to be worried about.
Sponsored