minjaep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 eAWD
Country flag
You shouldn't say "call the corporate rep, VOCP, and Ford Marketing rep". That just confuses things. The thread told them exactly to call. Even has a video from a dealer. You could send them a link to the thread and they could read for themselves.
Oh, I see. I probably missed the essence and provided too much information that I heard from everywhere. I wondered if they feel offended (which possibly makes the situation worse) by knowing that I asked this stuff here so rather summarized the content, but better to send the link.

Update: Actually, my relative who is a VP at some other motor company helped me out by calling them. I don't think the dealership has figured it out even after calling the headquarters. But magically they agreed to honor the price and give me the car tomorrow (which is still annoying that I cannot pick it up now), and figure things out themselves later. Why couldn't they do so in the first place if that was possible? :(

Update2: This is what I got in the end. But not sure if they will cap the doc fee. (They initially charged me $495.. which is like $400 more)
"We were able to get the price protection complete on our end however the price protection does not cover the X-plan price since it was order under E-commerce. But in good faith we will honor selling the vehicle at $53,963.50 based on the difference on the lower MSRP-X-plan price."
I'm confused as I contacted this dealer before ordering and they said just order online and choose them as a dealer. And now blames the process is complicated because I order online.

Update3: I just got a new message:
"Sorry for the delay. After doing more research and talking with Ford. They can publish the original protected price invoice with the X-plan price. However, it will take Ford 48 hrs to update the new re-invoice with the correct X-plan price from the original order."

As they took 3 days to figure it out, I have to wait 5 days to make it correct, which is not ideal. Anyway, my mild guess from this conversation is that if customer orders online, not through a specific dealer, they cannot get the invoice at the time of order on their side. The last message suggests that Ford has to update the new invoice with price protection which takes 48 hrs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Oh, I see. I probably missed the essence and provided too much information that I heard from everywhere. I wondered if they feel offended (which possibly makes the situation worse) by knowing that I asked this stuff here so rather summarized the content, but better to send the link.

Update: Actually, my relative who is a VP at some other motor company helped me out by calling them. I don't think the dealership has figured it out even after calling the headquarters. But magically they agreed to honor the price and give me the car tomorrow (which is still annoying that I cannot pick it up now), and figure things out themselves later. Why couldn't they do so in the first place if that was possible? :(

Update2: This is what I got in the end. But not sure if they will cap the doc fee. (They initially charged me $495.. which is like $400 more)
"We were able to get the price protection complete on our end however the price protection does not cover the X-plan price since it was order under E-commerce. But in good faith we will honor selling the vehicle at $53,963.50 based on the difference on the lower MSRP-X-plan price."
I'm confused as I contacted this dealer before ordering and they said just order online and choose them as a dealer. And now blames the process is complicated because I order online.

Update3: I just got a new message:
"Sorry for the delay. After doing more research and talking with Ford. They can publish the original protected price invoice with the X-plan price. However, it will take Ford 48 hrs to update the new re-invoice with the correct X-plan price from the original order."

As they took 3 days to figure it out, I have to wait 5 days to make it correct, which is not ideal. Anyway, my mild guess from this conversation is that if customer orders online, not through a specific dealer, they cannot get the invoice at the time of order on their side. The last message suggests that Ford has to update the new invoice with price protection which takes 48 hrs.
So what number did you call? Do you have to ask for a particular dept?

minjaep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 eAWD
Country flag
So what number did you call? Do you have to ask for a particular dept?
No, I didn't do anything and it has been on my cousin's hand. I didn't want to ask him, but the dealership said they gave up after calling everyone at Ford, so I asked him for some advice. After having a conversation with him, they decided to honor the price by themselves as a dealer discount or so. Obviously, it is a loss to them, so maybe they had much strong motivation to solve this issue correctly, and finally figure it out with Ford before the loss happens.

P.S. I got this contact from Ford's Twitter, which I didn't call in the end, but I would've called if it were not solved.

"For an inquiry like this, I would recommend contacting the Marketing Program Headquarters (MPH). They will be in the best position to provide more information. You can contact MPH at 1-800-334-4375. Marketing hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday)."

Last edited:

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
I'm a Ford shareholder. I've had the stock for more than six months. Anyone know how long it takes to get an x-plan PIN?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm a Ford shareholder. I've had the stock for more than six months. Anyone know how long it takes to get an x-plan PIN?
Sometimes days, sometimes longer. PIN Is good for a year, so there is no reason to wait.

DanStang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Cyber Orange with BlueCruise package
Sounds like BS, so need some help to know what is true.

Ordered my Mach-E GT back in November 2021, have text, e-mail and long thread acknowledging and dealer promising me that they will do X-plan on my Mach-E (even before I ordered it), now my Mach-E has arrived and I am asking for final numbers... I've calculated my X-plan price and know exactly around what it should be. The dealer has come close to that number, but is doing so "discounting" the price and claims they can't do the exact X-plan pricing, because when they "ordered" the car from Ford they screwed up and didn't order it under the X-plan pricing.

I am 99.9% sure this is complete BS, because if I recall every car (unless it's excluded from AXZD plan pricing) is eligible for it, and every Ford invoice for those cars has the X-plan price printed on it.. The dealer doesn't have to do a darn thing special when ordering it... when they get the car, they fill out the X-plan paperwork/agreement, show the customer the dealer invoice with X-plan price (to confirm everything is correct), and your all good..

So is my understanding accurate, is this dealer outright lying to me with this claim that when they placed the order with Ford to build my car they had to do something special to order it as an X-plan car?

Thanks,
Dan

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like BS, so need some help to know what is true.

Ordered my Mach-E GT back in November 2021, have text, e-mail and long thread acknowledging and dealer promising me that they will do X-plan on my Mach-E (even before I ordered it), now my Mach-E has arrived and I am asking for final numbers... I've calculated my X-plan price and know exactly around what it should be. The dealer has come close to that number, but is doing so "discounting" the price and claims they can't do the exact X-plan pricing, because when they "ordered" the car from Ford they screwed up and didn't order it under the X-plan pricing.

I am 99.9% sure this is complete BS, because if I recall every car (unless it's excluded from AXZD plan pricing) is eligible for it, and every Ford invoice for those cars has the X-plan price printed on it.. The dealer doesn't have to do a darn thing special when ordering it... when they get the car, they fill out the X-plan paperwork/agreement, show the customer the dealer invoice with X-plan price (to confirm everything is correct), and your all good..

So is my understanding accurate, is this dealer outright lying to me with this claim that when they placed the order with Ford to build my car they had to do something special to order it as an X-plan car?

Thanks,
Dan
You are 100% correct. The dealer is totally incorrect. No car is ordered under a plan.

DanStang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You are 100% correct. The dealer is totally incorrect. No car is ordered under a plan.
Heh... that isn't "incorrect"... that is downright the dealer is lying to me. Incorrect, is an honest mistake which I can understand. Downright lying to my face, is a WHOLE different can of worms.. being incorrect happens sometimes, dishonesty is a conscious choice.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I said incorrect because the word "dealer" is pretty meaningless to me. Is it a salesperson? Or the Sales Manager? Or the General Manager? The first, the salesperson, may just be clueless. The others would be lying, or stupid, or both.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Heh... that isn't "incorrect"... that is downright the dealer is lying to me. Incorrect, is an honest mistake which I can understand. Downright lying to my face, is a WHOLE different can of worms.. being incorrect happens sometimes, dishonesty is a conscious choice.
The point is that the dealer has to know that “ordering under X plan” is not a thing. Maybe the person who told you that made an honest mistake, but if so, higher-ups at the dealership should be able to set him straight and get you the correct price.

DanStang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is there by chance someone on this forum that works for a dealer that can 100% confirm this? Any advice on confronting the dealer... I like totally don't get this, and why they are lying... they are offering me a non X-plan price that is within $230 of the X-plan pricing (including after taxes, title etc..)... So why would they lie. I just bought a 2021 F-150 for over 70K from them in December, and stressed the importance that I wanted a dealership where its a relationship not just a sale. Like what did they gain by lying to me, other than breaking our trust and an extra $230... like if they told me they were having a rough month and asked nicely me not to do the X-plan pricing and made me this offer, just saying they simply needed the extra $230 that bad, I would have been fine with that.... It's the dishonesty that gets me, because now if I need service or anything else I know I can't trust them.

DanStang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I said incorrect because the word "dealer" is pretty meaningless to me. Is it a salesperson? Or the Sales Manager? Or the General Manager? The first, the salesperson, may just be clueless. The others would be lying, or stupid, or both.
Nope.. it's the NEW CAR SALES manager, who damn well knows how the X-plan works... this is a good sized dealer in Naperville, IL (Chicago suburbs).

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Confirm all you want. It's a fact - vehicles aren't ordered by plan. Period.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Is there by chance someone on this forum that works for a dealer that can 100% confirm this? Any advice on confronting the dealer... I like totally don't get this, and why they are lying... they are offering me a non X-plan price that is within $230 of the X-plan pricing (including after taxes, title etc..)... So why would they lie. I just bought a 2021 F-150 for over 70K from them in December, and stressed the importance that I wanted a dealership where its a relationship not just a sale. Like what did they gain by lying to me, other than breaking our trust and an extra $230... like if they told me they were having a rough month and asked nicely me not to do the X-plan pricing and made me this offer, just saying they simply needed the extra $230 that bad, I would have been fine with that.... It's the dishonesty that gets me, because now if I need service or anything else I know I can't trust them.
This may help:
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
Sponsored