Activating FordPass Connect

Kerpazm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4X FE
Country flag
So I have now received 2 emails from Ford saying "Action Required" telling me to activate FordPass Connect to access fast charging via Electrify America. If I log into ford.com/connectedservices, I see that I have it active, but I didn't start receiving these emails until AFTER I activated it, so it makes me think that I'm missing something. I have the app on my phone and fully set up (PAAK included), but the email says I'm supposed to "Start your Mustang Mach-E and tap Allow on the in‑vehicle pop‑up." I don't recall ever being prompted in the car. Is there any way to confirm that I am set up on the car side? I have dug around in the menus, and I can't seem to find anything about my FPC status.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Have you turned on Plug & Charge in the FordPass app?

Wolverine

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've had my MME for a week or so but can't set it up so I can used the Ford Charging Network.

1) I've installed the Ford Connect charging app to my iPhone but the app seems to require that you have purchased the Ford branded home charger. I have a third party charger, so the app won't take me any further.

2) At owner.ford.com, the site recognizes that I own an MME but claims that there are no "Connected Services" available when I try to set that up.

Any ideas?

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
So I have now received 2 emails from Ford saying "Action Required" telling me to activate FordPass Connect to access fast charging via Electrify America. If I log into ford.com/connectedservices, I see that I have it active, but I didn't start receiving these emails until AFTER I activated it, so it makes me think that I'm missing something. I have the app on my phone and fully set up (PAAK included), but the email says I'm supposed to "Start your Mustang Mach-E and tap Allow on the in‑vehicle pop‑up." I don't recall ever being prompted in the car. Is there any way to confirm that I am set up on the car side? I have dug around in the menus, and I can't seem to find anything about my FPC status.
I am receiving those emails despite activating, registering, and completing 3 Plug&Charge sessions and one FordPass charging session I paid for. I don't think they're filtering this list correctly.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've had my MME for a week or so but can't set it up so I can used the Ford Charging Network.

1) I've installed the Ford Connect charging app to my iPhone but the app seems to require that you have purchased the Ford branded home charger. I have a third party charger, so the app won't take me any further.

2) At owner.ford.com, the site recognizes that I own an MME but claims that there are no "Connected Services" available when I try to set that up.

Any ideas?
You have to get step 2 working before you'll get any further.

Once you've activated the trial at Ford's web site, then you can turn it on/off for your Mach-E through the FordPass app.

You don't need the separate charge station app. That is only for setting up the Ford Connected Charge Station (optional on-wall EVSE for your home).

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag

Any ideas?
There are several threads on setting this up.

1. The FordPass Charging Network/Plug & Charge in Connected Services is for public charging only. The Ford Pass app is also used with the Ford charger but you only use it if you have one, if you don't, disregard that part of the app.
2. In a browser go to owner.ford.com. I had to go to my 'Wallet' and delete my existing credit card and recreate it before it would allow me to activate. The system also doesn't like some cards so YMMV. After I created my cc again I was able to go to ford.com/connectedservices, click on 'Connected Services' under my Mach-E and then activate it successfully.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think those emails are just timed to go out to people after they get registered in Ford's system as the owner. I've gotten them all only after I have already done what the email said I needed to do. I think its more for people that don't even know its a thing to help them get setup.

They shouldn't send them out if you've already done it though. That just makes more confusion.

drwhipps

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Country flag
I've been trying to get past "No Connected Services" for 3 weeks now. Spent hours with Ford support and no resolution. I've tried just about everything I've seen on the forum to resolve as well. I have a case open since last week - haven't heard back yet.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
2. In a browser go to owner.ford.com. I had to go to my 'Wallet' and delete my existing credit card and recreate it before it would allow me to activate. The system also doesn't like some cards so YMMV. After I created my cc again I was able to go to ford.com/connectedservices, click on 'Connected Services' under my Mach-E and then activate it successfully.
+1 for this. I couldn't activate any connected services until I removed and added my card again

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I tried 3 different cards and it didn't resolve anything. Maybe by coincidence yours started working around the time you re-added your card? At least you gave me something to try, which is more than I can say for Ford "support". Honestly, I have dealt with cable companies which seem like the Gold Standard for customer service compared to Ford. Everyone I've called (and it has been about 8 calls so far) is just as feckless and incompetent as the one before. No useful information or any real attempt to take ownership and work the issue and they either disconnect me or hand me off to the next script reader. As much as I like the car, if I would've known their support for it was this horrific, that may have been a dealbreaker and steered me toward the Tesla.

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I tried 3 different cards and it didn't resolve anything. Maybe by coincidence yours started working around the time you re-added your card? At least you gave me something to try, which is more than I can say for Ford "support". Honestly, I have dealt with cable companies which seem like the Gold Standard for customer service compared to Ford. Everyone I've called (and it has been about 8 calls so far) is just as feckless and incompetent as the one before. No useful information or any real attempt to take ownership and work the issue and they either disconnect me or hand me off to the next script reader. As much as I like the car, if I would've known their support for it was this horrific, that may have been a dealbreaker and steered me toward the Tesla.
Before removing my cc info the activation process would get to different levels, sometimes it would fail right away with a 'Oops' other times it would prompt for my card's CVV and then fail. As soon as I deleted/added the cc info and set the card as default it worked.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
Before removing my cc info the activation process would get to different levels, sometimes it would fail right away with a 'Oops' other times it would prompt for my card's CVV and then fail. As soon as I deleted/added the cc info and set the card as default it worked.
I've never been able to get far enough to even start the activation process. I get to a No Connected Services Available screen, and game over.

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
What do you see when you go here:

https://www.ford.com/owners/vehicle-dashboard

Do you get a box on the right for 'Connected Services' with an Activate Now link?
Yes, it's there, and when I click Activate Now it takes me to the My Ford Vehicles screen, and from there I click the Connected Services link next to my vehicle, and back to square one. Basically all roads lead to “No Connected Services Available”
Sponsored