Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Apparently in CA every dealer adds add-on junk right when they get the car.... They don't care if the Customer wants it or not..........
Markup was $500.... They said that they need something .......
There’s plenty of dealers in California that don’t charge any BS.
Tell them you don’t want the addons but say you’ll sweeten their deal by getting the ford extended warranty instead and will give them a great review on the survey.
They might actually go for it and gouge you on the plan price but that’s okay. Wait a week then cancel it and leave them a bad review on the survey. Never go back to them again lol.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
they prefer you to finance. I never disclose that I'm paying cash until I decide to do so. They like to wrap you into their financing to get your interest money too. Cash is not king anymore. Cash is only good for private sales these days.
It was just an example to show the relative you can always negotiate.

With Ford, take the financing, with the financing incentives and then pay it off the next week if you want to.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
There’s plenty of dealers in California that don’t charge any BS.
Tell them you don’t want the addons but say you’ll sweeten their deal by getting the ford extended warranty instead and will give them a great review on the survey.
They might actually go for it and gouge you on the plan price but that’s okay. Wait a week then cancel it and leave them a bad review on the survey. Never go back to them again lol.
I will never go back to them for sure....... I always buy used cars, it is just this situation on the market .....

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If you don't then you are not going to have a car
They tried to throw some “mandatory add ons” at me when I took delivery of my ordered X plan car.

I didn’t pay an extra penny. YMMV

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
They tried to throw some “mandatory add ons” at me when I took delivery of my ordered X plan car.

I didn’t pay an extra penny. YMMV
You are definitely cooler then me........ Could you provide your lesson to all of us.......

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Apparently in CA every dealer adds add-on junk right when they get the car.... They don't care if the Customer wants it or not..........
Every dealer doesn’t.

But if you argued with the dealer as hard as you’re arguing with us here it might have turned out differently.

Just know, they’re good at the haggle game. Professionals even. You could say they do it for a living. ?

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I will never go back to them for sure....... I always buy used cars, it is just this situation on the market .....
Used cars are even worse right now. Lots of one/two year old cars selling for over new MSRP.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
We need to all have long memories of this predatory behavior by dealers.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Used cars are even worse right now. Lots of one/two year old cars selling for over new MSRP.
I know, that is why I decided to do this now...... THis transaction covered me for the next 10plus years
i think the situation will be better

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
We need to all have long memories of this predatory behavior by dealers.
I don’t disagree, but we won’t - we’re Americans. We never stick to demands for corporate accountability very long. Either we forget about it or decide it’s a bummer to risk not getting what we want, when we want it, at the lowest cost! Tongue only partially in cheek ?

Obviously, this comment doesn’t apply to all you lovely Canadians, Brits, Germans, Spaniards, and other non-US members of the Forum….

coachluke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05 Ford Mustang, 22 Premium Grabber Blue SR RWD
Country flag
I picked up my Mach E today from Fritts Ford in SoCal and they didn't add any options. My sales rep didn't even try to sell me on any additional options, he just sold it at MSRP.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
All dealerships do this ...... at least in SoCal
Many dealerships do it, but not all. Orange country seems to be the worst. I've been assured that there will be no shenanigans coming on my Mach E, and there were no unwanted options on the Maverick I just bought - instead I asked the dealer to cancel the dealer installed options that the original purchaser signed up for that had not yet been installed (smokers package and security safe). The dealer took them off of the invoice and never installed them at my request.

It's obviously very late for someone who has already ordered, but for people shopping for an honest dealer go to Galpin and ask for Neil Stone.

Galpin does and will charge ADM on vehicles available for sale, but not when the customer orders it. That strikes me as totally fair - buy it or don't.

What I don't like is the dealer in Anaheim that puts $4000 worth of butt ugly wheels on every car that comes in - not just ripping off the customer but making the car look like crap too. They then sell the OEM wheels and tires for an additional profit.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So, in short, it's a specific dealer, or dealers, not California, or Southern California, that are doing this.

Perhaps OP can change the thread title, and put the name of the dealership, and add that dealership to the ADM list.
Sponsored