Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great write-up! Did you just rip into the panels and dash, or did you find a diagram somewhere? My dash speaker just became extremely distorted so I want to see if I can open it up and see if it’s the speaker itself or an electrical glitch but I’m too nervous to try prying stuff blindly.
Hi Roy, no I did not rip into the panels, although I have done that many times before. I have the repair manual on the Mach-E so it's easy to see where the clips are, etc. I'll get back to you with the info you need take it apart.
Sponsored

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
This is a fabulous thread. I definitely have it book marked and will reference it when I get my MME. If others replace the door and front dash speakers, I would love to get details and pictures. If I am going to replace the sub, I might as well replace the other speakers. In for penny, in for pound (or dollar since we are in the US). :)

6AM

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e, Kia Telluride
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi Roy, no I did not rip into the panels, although I have done that many times before. I have the repair manual on the Mach-E so it's easy to see where the clips are, etc. I'll get back to you with the info you need take it apart.
Since you have had the door off and have the manual, do the speaker grills come off or do you need to remove the entire panel to access the speaker? I want to upgrade the stock speakers, but I really don't want to have to remove the door panel.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Since you have had the door off and have the manual, do the speaker grills come off or do you need to remove the entire panel to access the speaker? I want to upgrade the stock speakers, but I really don't want to have to remove the door panel.
Hi Martin, you do have to take the door panel off. The speaker grill is attached to the door panel from the back side so it will not come off from the front. Even if it did come off, the mounting screws to the speaker would not be accessible as the grill is not directly in front of the speaker and slightly angled. It's really not difficult to remove the door panel but then I remove a lot of door panels. The clips that hold on the panel are very tight so you really have to pull on the panel to remove it.

Below is are photos from the service manual on how to remove the driver's door panel. The passenger and rear door panels are similar.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding a real subwoofer w/amp to your Mach-E 1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding a real subwoofer w/amp to your Mach-E 2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding a real subwoofer w/amp to your Mach-E 3

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding a real subwoofer w/amp to your Mach-E 4

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding a real subwoofer w/amp to your Mach-E 5

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding a real subwoofer w/amp to your Mach-E 6

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding a real subwoofer w/amp to your Mach-E 7

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding a real subwoofer w/amp to your Mach-E 8

Last edited:

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
@markboris do you have access to the service manual? I was searching the forum for door trim panel removal procedure and came across your post above. I'm trying to figure out how to remove and replace the driver's door trim on the bottom of the window, the trim piece where the "door handle" is attached, trying to figure out if removing the door panel (instruction to which I found above, many thanks!) is necessary to replace that trim piece.

My car was delivered with a gouge on that trim piece. Dealer has ordered the part (part #LJ8Z5821453A), but appointment is a month from now. Plus, I'd rather replace it myself. They'll probably damage something ripping the door apart.

If you have access to the service manual, would you be so kind as to lookup the removal procedure for that trim piece? Many thanks in advance.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m just getting on a plane headed back home. I’ll PM you those photos later this afternoon.

MuellerTime

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Hey Mark,

I've got a RouteOne landing next week. I was in a position where I couldn't wait for a Premium (which means I have the low-end stock speakers).

Any thoughts on replacing the remaining speakers? Would you try to get an amp that powers everything, and if so would that have changed your sub of choice?

Really appreciate this post.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey Mark,

I've got a RouteOne landing next week. I was in a position where I couldn't wait for a Premium (which means I have the low-end stock speakers).

Any thoughts on replacing the remaining speakers? Would you try to get an amp that powers everything, and if so would that have changed your sub of choice?

Really appreciate this post.
Mike, the first thing I would do is listen to the system you have and see what you would do to improve it. For sure it would need a sub but maybe the speakers it comes with are ok depending on what you listen to and how loud you listen. It is all a personal preference. Some people like the sound of the stock system and some hate it. I have not heard the standard system so I cannot tell you what to do but I am sure a good auto stereo shop could set you up with a decent upgrade. At least you can get them to give you an idea of what they would do and how much it will cost. Should be no charge for an estimate.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have the Route 1 as well, 100% will be sharing this thread to my car guy. I had a custom box in my F150 that went under one of the bench seats. I thought I would be stuck subless with the stock speakers till I came across this.

Thanks for sharing

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6 Carbon Mach-E Star White AWD Ext. range
Country flag
Hey Mark...Does the Mach-E have any noise canceling like the Honda that would interfere with the new sub?

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No Jason, the Mach-E does not have active noise cancellation.

tburns6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE DMG
Occupation
Network Nerd
Country flag
@markboris

DId you remove the two studs on the bottom of the well? and the 12" is not fitting in to the sunken area for me....

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@markboris

DId you remove the two studs on the bottom of the well? and the 12" is not fitting in to the sunken area for me....
Yes i removed the two studs that are in the floor otherwise that 12" JL sub would not fit.

tburns6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE DMG
Occupation
Network Nerd
Country flag
One more thing did you connect the sub out to both channels on the input?
Sponsored