Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mache-E, 2022 NW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Dental Lab
Country flag
I have my Departure time #1 Set at the time I leave my house in the am. I use the Second tome to change when my departure times change. Takes about 1 min. It's not the big of a deal.
Sponsored

Unclespike102

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I have a thought - and Iā€™m not being cynical - Iā€™m simply fed up with Fordā€™s inability to provide a current interface on EVERY aspect. Itā€™s 2024 - not 2004!

Not sorry if this offends anyone - this simply a realistic observation and comment.

Ford needs to provide a ā€˜Precondition Nowā€™ button. Click and done!!! This isnā€™t a revelation - itā€™s just common sense.

ā€˜Only takes a minuteā€™ is not acceptable - what App do you use that it ā€˜only takes a minuteā€™ do you use! Answer: NONE!

and if you are spontaneously leaving, you donā€™t have only a minute.

has anyone with an objective view at Ford ever use their products? This is your Flagship EV - put resources into improvements!!!!!

SMH

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Yes, ford should work on implementing on demand pre-condition button in the app/car.
It clearly make the car lot more efficient.

Not everyone lives a robotic life where they can forecast departure time for the whole week.

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
Ignoring the long trips with a need to drive pretty far to reach next charging point, but for regular daily trips of 50-100 miles, what is the point of preconditioning?
I have been wondering the same thing too. My understating is the battery produces more juice and takes charge easier at a warmer temperature, but as long as I have enough range to begin with and wouldn't need charge on the road is it necessary to precondition the battery?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have been wondering the same thing too. My understating is the battery produces more juice and takes charge easier at a warmer temperature, but as long as I have enough range to begin with and wouldn't need charge on the road is it necessary to precondition the battery?
You're in Florida, so I doubt it gets cold enough for you to need preconditioning.

Much different story up here where you need preconditioning to have decent acceleration, range, and heat.

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Hm. Not everyone can plan the range they need upahead. Life happens āœŒ
Sponsored