First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Hi!
I am needing some advice. I feel like I’ve read and done everything has been suggested and my car is still charging to 100%. First off the gps in the car thinking I’m charging my neighbors house. Previously it has never been my correct address which was fine because it always recognized me at “home” and did my charging preferences. I have deleted, reset, reentered you name it. It starts by saying I am charging at home (will attach photo below) but then I wake up and it says I’m not charging at home and charges to 100. (Attach second photo) I’m at a loss at what to do.

IMG_1502.png

IMG_1503.png

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Check in FordPass to make sure you checked "Use Preferred Charge Settings" and not "Charge When Plugged In".

OP
OP
Elena

Elena

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
It keeps changing itself! I have it set to certain times and then I go and check it’s moved to charge when plugged in. There is also the toggle in the vehicle setting that keeps shutting off. I turn it on and then go check next day and it’s off. It charged for an hour thinking at home and then somehow it switches on its own to charge when plugged in. I feel like I have a ghost 😂

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Since it thinks you're at your neighbor's house, it could be bouncing back and forth between locations. Check in your Previous Locations to see if it's created a second location. If so, you can set your charge limit for that location too.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
If the settings in FordPass don't seem to be sticking, try doing them in the car. I've had settings in FordPass look like they saved, but the next day they were gone. Making the same changes directly in the car always seem to work.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Elena

Elena

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
If the settings in FordPass don't see to be sticking, try doing them in the car. I've had settings in FordPass look like they saved, but the next day they were gone. Making the same changes directly in the car always seem to work.
I’ve tried that. The toggle in the car keeps switching off at some point. I go and check it and it’s toggled off.

OP
OP
Elena

Elena

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
If the settings in FordPass don't see to be sticking, try doing them in the car. I've had settings in FordPass look like they saved, but the next day they were gone. Making the same changes directly in the car always seem to work.
Thank you! I checked and it only has my “home”. I even deleted it and then plugged charger in and took it out and reset it but the toggle in the car keeps turning off as well.

OP
OP
Elena

Elena

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag

OP
OP
Elena

Elena

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I wonder if deleting the ford pass app and redownloading it would change anything? The app seems to recognize and for the first part of charging it does fine, but then somehow throughout the night, it changes, and then starts charging to 100%.

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
I had a similar issue when I bought my 2022 last year. I tried everything you mentioned and sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not and the car would charge to 100%. By chance, did you setup your home address in your navigation system in the car? Ultimately, I fixed my problem by deleting the "home" setting in the charge settings in the car and FordPass. I then set my "home" address in navigation system. I then charged the car; once the charge was complete, I setup the "home" address in charge settings letting the car use GPS settings to set the location. I haven't had a problem after that in my 2022; I setup my 2023 like that from the beginning and have no issues with it other than when an OTA sometimes changes default setting following an update. I don't know if this will work for your MME but it might be worth trying. Good luck.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I had a similar issue when I bought my 2022 last year. I tried everything you mentioned and sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not and the car would charge to 100%. By chance, did you setup your home address in your navigation system in the car? Ultimately, I fixed my problem by deleting the "home" setting in the charge settings in the car and FordPass. I then set my "home" address in navigation system. I then charged the car; once the charge was complete, I setup the "home" address in charge settings letting the car use GPS settings to set the location. I haven't had a problem after that in my 2022; I setup my 2023 like that from the beginning and have no issues with it other than when an OTA sometimes changes default setting following an update. I don't know if this will work for your MME but it might be worth trying. Good luck.
^^^ this is correct - I did the same.

OP
OP
Elena

Elena

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
That’s a great idea. I do have home set up in the navigation the issue is that the GPS when charging thinks I’m at my neighbors house. So when I set up “home” it’s at a different address then what my home really is. Unless I put “home” as my neighbors address and see if that changes it.

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
Elena: See if the car gives you the option of setting the "home" address in navigation system by using your current location with the MME parked where you normally charge vice an actual address. Both my car's navigation system and FP app show my "home" address as a number that does not exist on my street but it does show my MMEs at my house.

OP
OP
Elena

Elena

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Elena: See if the car gives you the option of setting the "home" address in navigation system by using your current location with the MME parked where you normally charge vice an actual address. Both my car's navigation system and FP app show my "home" address as a number that does not exist on my street but it does show my MMEs at my house.
Yes it does. I just did that. It gives the correct address. When I’m in the car and I click charging, charging locations, add new location it gives me coordinates, I then save that and do the preferred charge times. The coordinates are one house over and you can’t change them. I saved the location as home. On my phone on the app it shows me at my address, so everything seems to match except the coordinates when I add the charging location. Currently I plugged it in to see it again after I deleted everything and it says I’m home and it is charged to the correct level. I really appreciate the help! This has been so frustrating to say the least.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Try this:

1) Delete app cache.

2) Delete app.

3) Reboot phone. DO NOT OPEN APP.

4) Go through the delete, charge a few minutes, set location, set hours and percentage in car.

5) Open app, log in, set Use Preferred Charge Settings.
Sponsored