Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
Just installed. Pixel 4a, Android 12. I can read the notes after install. Put up widget, I see status except battery and OTA. Cannot do anything with widget except open settings, and clicking on app just gets me into app info, can't get back to notes or 3 dots.
Press anywhere on an open section on your phone screen for the wallpaper/widget menu and then click on WIDGETS. Locate the app in the widget menu and then select it to display on your chosen screen.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Press anywhere on an open section on your phone screen for the wallpaper/widget menu and then click on WIDGETS. Locate the app in the widget menu and then select it to display on your chosen screen.
Have that. Shows air pressure. No battery status, no OTA status. Clicking on gear wheel only works sometimes.

I think the app itself keeps crashing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220308-180710

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Have that. Shows air pressure. No battery status, no OTA status. Clicking on gear wheel only works sometimes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220308-180710
If the app is crashing Android should display a message (at least it does for me). When you say "clicking on app just gets me into app info, can't get back to notes or 3 dots", what app info do you mean?

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag

Mine looks the same. I can see the OTA status on the main page when clicking on the 3 dots.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I click on app, this is only screen I can get to after initial install:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220308-183539

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I click on app, this is only screen I can get to after initial install:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220308-183539
This is a new one.... that's Android's Settings screen. It's also weird that it's not showing an "Open" option next to "Uninstall" or "Force Stop"; maybe that's why you end up there when you try to open the app. I assume you're tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is a new one.... that's Android's Settings screen. It's also weird that it's not showing an "Open" option next to "Uninstall" or "Force Stop"; maybe that's why you end up there when you try to open the app. I assume you're tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
Yes. Same result after first use. I can log in, put in VIN, read instructions, and install widget. Then can't get in again.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. Same result after first use. I can log in, put in VIN, read instructions, and install widget. Then can't get in again.
So I'm going to suggest you try doing the same steps I suggested in this post, but don't try to put the widget on your desktop (assuming that's what it causing the problem). If you can get back into the app without the widget being present, then you should be able to get log files I can look through.
If your phone is rooted, there's some other things we can try if the above also doesn't work.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cannot get back in app after removing widget.

Phone is not rooted.

Rebooted phone after removing widget, still cannot get in app.

I can delete app, reinstall it, get in it before using widget, but wouldn't that erase log files?

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I'm going to suggest you try doing the same steps I suggested in this post, but don't try to put the widget on your desktop (assuming that's what it causing the problem). If you can get back into the app without the widget being present, then you should be able to get log files I can look through.
If your phone is rooted, there's some other things we can try if the above also doesn't work.
Also, you can try instead one of the recent releases to see one works. Perhaps something got messed up in adding support for the F-150 and Bronco.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cannot get back in app after removing widget.

Phone is not rooted.

Rebooted phone after removing widget, still cannot get in app.

I can delete app, reinstall it, get in it before using widget, but wouldn't that erase log files?
If you delete/reinstall/get in before the widget, that would let me see if the app is working up to that point or whether there's something wrong right then. If it is, then the only choice is to get a logcat because as you say there won't be any want to recover the app's logs.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is not the widget, same result with just the app. I'll pass for now, not worth the effort on my end or yours to figure out why it's not working on my phone.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Version 2022.03.09 uploaded.

Unfortunately you will need to uninstall the current version before installing this one; I had a fight with Android Studio about signing keys and lost. Sorry. This motivated me to write one of the new main additions below (see if you can guess which one).

The two main additions to this version are:
  1. On Android 10 and later, you can now save and restore user settings. It will create a ZIP file in your Download folder to reuse later if necessary.
  2. If you are using stored credentials, you can now reuse these in the Log-in view. It requires you to authenticate with your fingerprint before proceeding.

In addition, this version now "officially" support newer Broncos.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Version 2022.03.10 just uploaded. This is primarily to fix a bug with F-150s and Broncos, so if yesterday's release worked you can probably skip it. If you haven't installed yesterday's then definitely install this one instead.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Version 2022.03.21 just uploaded. The only major addition is support for remote stop. I added additional back-end code to monitor whether commands succeed or fail. Some of you may notice is that, unlike the FordPass app, you can no longer extend the remote start time by pressing the ignition icon, as that now performs the remote stop.

There's a lot of other background changes which hopefully will continue to improve the reliability of auto-refreshing, plus changes to implement more useful logging information (for me).
Sponsored