Another High Voltage Battery Warning

Kogoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Hey All,

I signed up for the forums to let everyone know another story about a High-Voltage Battery Warning. I brought my car (Mach-E Premium AWD ER) on 7/2 at Sill-Terhar in Colorado and completely loved the car. However I only made it to 880 miles before my issue occurred so I haven't even reached 1000 miles yet.

Last week (7/29) I was driving my car at night and got the dreaded "Stop safely now" warning and I lost all propulsion in my car. Luckily I was able to get off the main road and onto the side street to check out what was going on and I found the "High-Voltage Battery Warning" in the Ford app. I took time to read the other stories in the forum to try to troubleshoot my issue to include cycling the car on and off and also leaving the car off for an extended period of time before turning it on again but I didn't have any luck. While the car continued to have full accessory power, the actual car engine would not start and I wasn't able to get the car out of park to include shifting it to neutral.

Finally after troubleshooting for an hour, I used the app to get the car towed to the closet dealer to me at the time (Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs). The application mentioned that the tow truck wouldn't be there until the morning so I had to leave my car on the side street so I could get home and get some sleep. The next day I took my wife's car to the dealer to drop off my Mach-E key and talk to the service department about the issue and they unfortunately said they could not troubleshoot the car for a couple of days due to some issues with their system.

This is where my frustration has grown the most. For the past week my wife and I tried to get an update about the car but have not gotten ahold of anyone so we have been leaving voice mail messages with the service department. Then today I finally got a voicemail back from the dealer but it was from the Ford Sales manager asking why my Mach-E has been sitting in their parking lot for the past week as if I just randomly left my car in their parking lot.......

So long story short, my Mach-E has been with Ford for 8 days already and they haven't even begun to check out the car. Does anyone else share my frustration with how slow Ford is when it comes to debugging such a major issue? I also wanted to point out most stories I have read about High-Volage Battery Warnings have been with the Premium AWD ER models so I'm curious if this will be a trend for the trim compared to the other trims....
Ford Mustang Mach-E Another High Voltage Battery Warning USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1627619049023_6826729087796197728[1]

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another High Voltage Battery Warning Screenshot_20210729-222347_FordPass[1]

Chainspell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
Seeing all of these threads has me scared. I just got my Premium AWD ER last week and I just got this error today, on my first long drive.

Luckily it did clear after pulling over and turning everything off for a few minutes (rapidly turning it off and on did not clear the fault).

ACBC406E-C6AE-42E5-BA75-8F7AC33B2FF1.png

OP
OP

Kogoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seeing all of these threads has me scared. I just got my Premium AWD ER last week and I just got this error today, on my first long drive.

Luckily it did clear after pulling over and turning everything off for a few minutes (rapidly turning it off and on did not clear the fault).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another High Voltage Battery Warning ACBC406E-C6AE-42E5-BA75-8F7AC33B2FF1
It's interesting that your fault cleared after a while. Even now when I check my ford app, it still gives the warning so the fault has not cleared yet.

OP
OP

Kogoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As an update to the overall post:

I have gotten ahold of the dealer but apparently their system is still down. This now puts me at 11 days since the issue without any diagnostics having been started.

On the bright side, I did pm @Ford Motor Company per dliunatic's suggestion and they have responded as well.

I'll keep everyone updated on the progress as I get updates.

Chainspell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
It's interesting that your fault cleared after a while. Even now when I check my ford app, it still gives the warning so the fault has not cleared yet.
I am glad that it did but my fear is that faulty cell is still there lurking. The day I got it was my first road trip, so first time charging to 100% and first time going below 70%. Coincidence? How evenly is charge distributed between cells?

OP
OP

Kogoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update Day 18: My car is still at the dealer and there is still no firm updates on what's going on with this issue.

Ford did contact me directly to escalate the issue but still no update through this either.

Woody3025

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Ext Range
Occupation
General Sales Manager @Salinas Valley Ford
Country flag
So on Jan 3rd I was driving on the Highway in the fast lane doing 70MPH and a message came up on my screen saying "High Voltage Battery Fault". Then about 30 seconds or less later another message comes up that says, "Please Exit Safely". Then the powertrain lost all power. I had power to everything else except the vehicle immediately lost powertrain and started rapidly slowing down from 70MPH to 60MPH, to 50MPH. So I quickly moved over through 2 lanes and got on the shoulder of the exit that I was fortunately right next to at the time. After 3.5 hrs, Roadside Assistance finally got my 2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Ext Range to MY Service Department...

My name is Kyle Boyd. I am the General Sales Manager here at a Ford Dealership here in California. Let me say that I love this vehicle. I was the first one in this area to get one. I also knew that there would be some risk to purchasing a 1st year production of a brand new technology for Ford. I believe in Ford 100% and have worked for them for years now. I have a new 2022 Mach-E GT AWD EXT Range on order that will be here in April of this year. However, I do not have my current Mach-E to drive any more...

It has been just a few days short now of 30 days now in the shop for this same issue. They have not been able to figure it out. My Head Tech is on the line every day with Ford Headquarters doing EVERYTHING they ask him to do... Reprogramed ALL of the Modules like 3 or 4 times now. Replaced both High Voltage Battery Harnesses. Taken everything apart in the Front area to check the AC Compressor because apparently that could cause this "High Voltage Battery Fault" message. Every time they did one of these things and reprogrammed the system, the same message would pop up when the Tech was road testing the vehicle. So so far nothing is working...

I just wanted to see if ANYBODY ELSE was having an issue like this? Or am I the only Guinea Pig for Ford at this time?

Meanwhile I am about to make my 2nd $800 lease payment in a row now without being able to drive my car! I have had it now for 11 months before this happened. So technically I have not even driven it for a year yet.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored