benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
A few weeks ago I posed about a road trip I took and had horrible luck with charging.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/small-trip-bad-charging-experience.7306/

Yesterday I went on a drive to get out of the house since I had the day off. Decided to go over to Arkansas since I haven't really done much exploring around there.
The trip went great on the way there. Made better than expected efficiency, and a smooth trip. I stopped at the Electrify America stations in Rogers AR to charge up to go home. It was the free weekend still. Plugged in, and it went right to charging, They appear to have disabled plug and charge all together while it was free as it never went through that handshake. The charging session went great this time. Plugged in at 32%, and charged to 80% in 30 minutes with a max rate of 155kwh, and it stayed over 100kw through 65%

After the charging though is where my new issues began. I stopped the charging session after I hit 80% and 14kw. Unplugged, got in started the car and went to leave. After a few feet, I got a notice that One Pedal was no longer available, it worked for a few seconds and then just stopped after the popup came up. I pulled into a spot and restarted the car. This got one pedal back. However, I also lost all cruise control for the entire trip home. If you pushed any of the buttons it would just give me this popup.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Another Weekend Trip, Another problem 20210705_170102 (2)

I was not able to get this to go away, Stopped and reset the car and still couldn't get it back. This is the 2nd time this has happened after DCFC. You don't realize how much you rely on the cruise until you don't have it at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
And just realized that the car did not charge overnight. Still at 40% battery. This is the first time Its not charged at its scheduled time.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

What sucks is that its not predictable. Most of the time it works fine, but then you start to trust it and then you get these types of issues right when you think its finally working fine.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
When you completed charging at EA, did you stop the charging from the charging station, or hit the unlock button at the charge port on the car?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
When you completed charging at EA, did you stop the charging from the charging station, or hit the unlock button at the charge port on the car?
Stopped at the station. I typically do half the time stopping it from the button on the car, and on the station. Yesterday happened to be at the station.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Stopped at the station. I typically do half the time stopping it from the button on the car, and on the station. Yesterday happened to be at the station.
Interesting. Saw another person with a problem with EA charging and stopping at the station as there was apparently a handshake issue between EA chargers and the car and the car thinks charging is only paused, not completed.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
You don't realize how much you rely on the cruise until you don't have it at all.
Just as a helpful thing I discovered back before I even had the Mach E:

if adaptive cruise becomes unavailable for some reason (sensor blocked or whatever) instead of reverting to normal cruise, Ford likes to disable cruise entirely. If all else fails, go into the settings and change your cruise control from adaptive/intelligent to normal and you can at least use that. Works on the Mach e too.

You're not wrong. This is unacceptable. But also keep in mind that going on to a forum like this make it seem like the problem is bigger than it really is, since people come here to post about problems mostly.

I for one have experienced plenty of weird little bugs and quirks. But I've not had any major issues. And I'd guess that's the same for the majority of owners

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Sorry to hear about these issues @benk016. I’m not aware of anyone else reporting these specific issues. I realize that can make it even more frustrating because there’s no knowledge base or easy fix.

My only suggestion is that you document the issue exactly as you did, and then make an apt with the service center to push every update they’ve got. That can help shake the gremlins loose.

Reactions: ARK

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This concern is not unique in my experience. I've had nearly 30 vehicles now, many first year models. I even backed out of the Model Y last year because of the very lengthy list of issues they had on the rushed release for Q2.

Every single vehicle I've purchased I've joined forums for and every single one had anecdotal issues like we see here. Most of the repeat issues get resolved quick enough. The one off stuff is usually so rare you hear about it on the forums but the vast majority never even know those issues exist and never experience them.

Take a breather, the car's under warranty. The likelihood any of these issues occur to you are small and if they do, they'll get addressed.

Early adopters always end up with some frustrating experiences that get vented out on the forums.

With an EV, we should expect software bugs. Every EV I've looked into or almost bought had them. Nature of the beast.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Lol agreed. And my point was *knocks on wood vigorously* I've never had anything like that happen to me. The worst I've had is unreliable PAAK. And while it still needs work it's improved greatly over my time of ownership. And I could be wrong but honestly I think most have the same experience.

I'd be willing to bet that only 30% of MME owners are even on this forum at all, since they have no reason to vent about issues ha ha

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
You're not wrong. This is unacceptable. But also keep in mind that going on to a forum like this make it seem like the problem is bigger than it really is, since people come here to post about problems mostly.
I agree with this. Yes it seems major but really how many people on here have posted about full drivetrain failure? Since I've been on here I'd say less than 5?

So let's say you're on here and have 5 total drivetrain failures and 20 issues like this where the car works but had a somewhat major issue.

That's 25 out of thousands of vehicles. That's the problem with forums is you're going to get 80-90% prosts about issues since that's the main reason why people come here, they're looking for help. It's a lot more doom and gloom than the reality of the situation.

If there really was a massive widespread issue you'd see it on the news, in recalls, etc. And that's not happening.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just as a helpful thing I discovered back before I even had the Mach E:

if adaptive cruise becomes unavailable for some reason (sensor blocked or whatever) instead of reverting to normal cruise, Ford likes to disable cruise entirely. If all else fails, go into the settings and change your cruise control from adaptive/intelligent to normal and you can at least use that. Works on the Mach e too.
Unfortunately this did NOT work. changing the menu to any of the cruise options, the adaptive cruise error would pop up. Even in regular cruise, hitting the button would pop up adaptive cruise is not available.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
The thing is you're saying you've never had an issue with your EVs, and there are a lot of people on this forum saying the same thing with the MME included. Let alone all of the other people not reporting in daily that they don't have issues. Just because the OP on this thread has an issue doesn't mean all of the MME out there will, he's just here looking for help. You have to take it for what it is which is one person out of thousands of owners.
Sponsored