Any leaks on 2022 changes?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
My assumption is that almost nothing is changing, but this is coming from someone with no inside knowledge, just based on what I am seeing and hearing.
Me too. I don't follow this sort of thing closely at all, but wouldn't it be pretty unusual for a new car model to change in more than trivial ways in year 2? As I recall, minor refreshes are typically ~three year cycles, with major redesigns in cycles of six years or so.

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
1. Those that know, can't say.

2. Those that say, don't really know.

As for the Munro video it sounded to me she was just placating his complaints with nebulous "yes, we're working on it" comments to assuage his ego and avoid an on-camera argument about him being full of sh!t.

As for speculation: I very seriously doubt much changes, unless they've found a serious mechanical issue that needs resolving.

frank.herbst

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, , Subaru Imprez
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You guys know how this goes. If there are issues they learned about during the first year, most will be fixed for the second year. Maybe with modern development tools, updates will be minimal. I'm hoping for a couple new colors, but I'm one of the ones that is Not in the know.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
You guys know how this goes. If there are issues they learned about during the first year, most will be fixed for the second year. Maybe with modern development tools, updates will be minimal. I'm hoping for a couple new colors, but I'm one of the ones that is Not in the know.
Yes, Ford should definitely get some of them modern development tools. And also learn about the first-year issues.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Now that we have the amateur stand-ups out of the way, how about some real answers?
You probably haven't been on this forum long enough to realize that any request for 'intel' on future product updates invites ONLY sarcastic responses. :D

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Other than the fuzzy promise of 'more range' from the Munro interview of the chief engineer, what's out there about 2022 changes? Price same?
One concern of mine was the Chief Engineer's statement that they would switch to one coolant pump, from the current two. Given the heat generated by my GTPE at the track, going to one pump doesn't seem like a good idea...

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I think there will be a 350 HP eco boost V6 connected to a 6 speed manual with paddle shifters available as an option for the Mustang purists ?
RATS - I was actually second to respond, but forgot to hit save or whatever… sigh

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
But I need 5 1/4 " ! Great News ?
Oh, never fear, you are in luck. I just got some juicy inside information about Ford's new Advanced Technology Package. You can add it to any premium:

- Commodore 1541 drive installed in Frunk. You just press 3 buttons in the trunk, then pull a latch 5 times by the drivers door, and bang 5 1/4" available.
- Blue's Cruise: Includes a trained monkey name Blue who can drive on extremely straight roads, specially mapped in and out of zoos.
- Blackberry Compatibility: Special version of FordPass with PaaK for Blackberry. Expected battery life is approximately 5 minutes.

StephanHR

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER space white Mini Countryman S
Occupation
head of finance department
Country flag
Oh, never fear, you are in luck. I just got some juicy inside information about Ford's new Advanced Technology Package. You can add it to any premium:

- Commodore 1541 drive installed in Frunk. You just press 3 buttons in the trunk, then pull a latch 5 times by the drivers door, and bang 5 1/4" available.
- Blue's Cruise: Includes a trained monkey name Blue who can drive on extremely straight roads, specially mapped in and out of zoos.
- Blackberry Compatibility: Special version of FordPass with PaaK for Blackberry. Expected battery life is approximately 5 minutes.
oh man I loved my C-64. But Ford is more like Commodore plus 4 with datassette

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
One concern of mine was the Chief Engineer's statement that they would switch to one coolant pump, from the current two. Given the heat generated by my GTPE at the track, going to one pump doesn't seem like a good idea...
I haven't watched the full video with the CE, but there are three coolant pumps on my RWD ER and AWD gets four pumps. I would assume the GT also has four pumps, being that it's AWD. So, we would need to understand which pump is being eliminated and what it does to speak to whether GTPE track performance would be affected
Sponsored