Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E?

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
IMG_20221107_122138360_HDR.jpg

This causes EV rage. People who work for a living getting the screws tightened by some jackhat in another state. A Chevy Bolt is not hauling your ladder and saws to the worksite and good luck getting a Maverick, Lightning or E-Transit that will. Honestly if I had 3 crumb crunchers and had to keep my Explorer as full time transportation I may be a little bit resentful.
Can no longer purchase a pickup truck (Mavericks, Lightnings, etc. are simply SUVs) in this country. Have not been able to do so for many years. You can purchase an SUV, which is a truck in name only, in order to circumvent EPA emissions standards. They are simply SUVs with an open trunk.
Probably why so many people in this country are so bent out of shape. They are aware that they have been manipulated for decades and do not want to admit it. And the rest of the world shaking its head and mocking us are now realized as valid responses to our irresponsibility, but they do not want to admit it.
Working stiffs are now forced to purchase E-Transits and other panel vans if they want to earn a living. Not such a bad thing - definite advantages of vans over those ancient pick 'em up trucks (gasoline savings not one of them). [Vans became uncool and trucks cool not that long ago.]
Not justifying or endorsing their stupid , irresponsible and disrespectful actions.
Being bamboozled, ignorant and apathetic for so long is the source of their frustrations. Few people are willing to admit their mistakes or that they were wrong.
Choosing ignorance or to remain ignorant is another story....
You have to keep in mind that most of us participating in this forum are not average Joes. We enjoy thinking outside the box, taking educated chances, staying informed, learning and continuing to educate ourselves, expanding our horizons...
It is still difficult for me to understand how anyone can live without brainwork, but I have reluctantly come to realize that that is a prevalent condition found in many Homo sapiens.
"I cannot live without brainwork."

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Not hate, per se, but my Fox-watching, internet conspiracy-gullible father tried to tell me how much more expensive an EV was to fuel up than an ICE. Just, no. I literally drive and pay to fuel an EV so I do know more than you on this topic.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Not hate, per se, but my Fox-watching, internet conspiracy-gullible father tried to tell me how much more expensive an EV was to fuel up than an ICE. Just, no. I literally drive and pay to fuel an EV so I do know more than you on this topic.
Oh yeah I remember when they ran an article that said that but it was if you DCFC all the time and don’t charge at home. Something no one does unless they are getting it for free or bad at math.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
So my dad watches all that but is also reasonable, they are 2hrs away and we go up a lot. I put a 240v outlet in his garage and pay him for energy. So now he has first hand experience when he talks with his friends, "well my son drives that cool MachE up here, and he pays me $18 for electricity instead of $50 to the gas station."

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Minimal hate. A one-fingered salute from time-to-time, but I got used to that idiocy, laziness, and pettiness a long time ago with my first Prius.

Today I got a thumbs-up from a driver in an ICE Mustang. I half-heartedly "raced" them before I let them pull ahead and take off.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Got some love from a new EV owner in a Lucid Air at the EA in Peachtree City today. He got it on Friday and it was his first time charging away from the home charger. He had so many questions about the MME and charging/EVs in general. I told him to keep his expectations low for EA in general even though today was a good experience. Also told him to download ABRP and Plugshare. We exchanged numbers in case he ran into more questions. 🤣

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Got some love from a new EV owner in a Lucid Air at the EA in Peachtree City today. He got it on Friday and it was his first time charging away from the home charger. He had so many questions about the MME and charging/EVs in general. I told him to keep his expectations low for EA in general even though today was a good experience. Also told him to download ABRP and Plugshare. We exchanged numbers in case he ran into more questions. 🤣
I guess I should hang out at the DCFC. Someone should be willing to give a small, black, hairy MME driver who lifts his leg on his car their number. 🤪🐩

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
I guess I should hang out at the DCFC. Someone should be willing to give a small, black, hairy MME driver who lifts his leg on his car their number. 🤪🐩
LOL. I see how that sounds. Definitely not like that! 😝 🤦‍♀️

MaxPatlick

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
occupied
Country flag
before I bought it my conservative father-in-law said, "really, why would you buy that abomination?!" but he changed his tune the first time we pulled up in it and he got to check it out for himself. Then after that I guess he started doing his own research and kept giving me tips I already knew like "don't charge the battery to 100% every time", bless his heart.

Also yesterday I caught an ICE GT driver looking a little harder than usual as he turned the corner. I'm sure he was thinking happy thoughts, lol.

Gumber

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Prem Ext Range AWD
Occupation
IT Management
Country flag
Try living in Alberta, Canada (or Texas I assume).

I've had cops tell me I'm "ruining the country"... and other oil and gas losers yell at me for driving my Mach-e.

If only they knew. LOL

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
before I bought it my conservative father-in-law said, "really, why would you buy that abomination?!" but he changed his tune the first time we pulled up in it and he got to check it out for himself. Then after that I guess he started doing his own research and kept giving me tips I already knew like "don't charge the battery to 100% every time", bless his heart.

Also yesterday I caught an ICE GT driver looking a little harder than usual as he turned the corner. I'm sure he was thinking happy thoughts, lol.
I too have those friends and one that was very against going EV. I brought my GT over to his house and made him drive it. He and his wife are now considering getting one 🤣

On the topic at hand, I have a black on black, and it's apparently equiped with stealth technology as nobody even looks up from their phones to glance at it. One construction guy one day coming out of a convenience store did say "sweet ride", so far that's the most I have gotten. On the other hand, back in 2011 I bought a new Dodge Charger, and was flipped off more in that 3 month period than I have been in my whole life. Plus all the Yarises revving their (engines?) at stop lights wanting to race me. In 3 months it turned me into a very aggressive driver 🤣

MachE70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kia Telluride SX, 2022 Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
I too have those friends and one that was very against going EV. I brought my GT over to his house and made him drive it. He and his wife are now considering getting one 🤣

On the topic at hand, I have a black on black, and it's apparently equiped with stealth technology as nobody even looks up from their phones to glance at it. One construction guy one day coming out of a convenience store did say "sweet ride", so far that's the most I have gotten. On the other hand, back in 2011 I bought a new Dodge Charger, and was flipped off more in that 3 month period than I have been in my whole life. Plus all the Yarises revving their (engines?) at stop lights wanting to race me. In 3 months it turned me into a very aggressive driver 🤣
Same here regarding the stealth technology. I live in a red county in a red state, and I don't think most people here have any idea what my GT is, and have no desire to learn. I have had literally zero comments in 10 months of ownership. Actually I don't mind enjoying my ride below the radar.

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
A lot of people arent educated and with society getting their news from 5 second tiktok videos, we wonder why everyone is dumb.

When I had my tesla I got it all the time. Not to mention most tesla owners share the same likeness of the heaven's gate folks for some reason. It's wild out there.

clsmooths

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT performance & Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Assistant manager
Country flag
I expected it in the T, but after one week of ownership I received my first single finger salute from a passenger in a chevy suv.

I didn't do nuthin, wasn't following close, wasn't agressive in any way. just putting along a 30mph street at 35 listening to a podcast.

as the chevy in front of me pulls away at the light, the passenger gives me the single finger salute.

at that point, i knew, i need to keep a bigger distance from buford. not sure why, maybe it was the "that's not a mustang" thing, dunno. maybe just EV hate i guess.

anyone else experience the love as such?
The haters are only the mechanics and ones that can't afford the Pony 🤣....but on a serious note. Only had one finger since Feb 2022 and many positive feed backs since then. Had a Premium RWD ER that I bought a canceled order and then sold that one and got my original order being the GTPE. Love this car so much that I have taken the Pony to at least a dozen times to car shows and only one bad feed back from one guy and many others going Lady GaGa over her. The Pony is a head turner and props to Ford on that.
Tho it's classic seeing people's reactions when I fill the fronk with ice and drinks and put a big V8 bottle on top of the ice and tell folks she has a V8 in it🤪...but no joke they have asked me if it's a V8 or V6 with the fronk wide open. Don't let the haters bug ya..move on and enjoy driving your Pony. Stay strong Pony lovers!!!

20220716_101503.jpg

20221022_103634.jpg

20220702_134025.jpg

20220514_101907.jpg