Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have driven my Blazer twice since I got my MME because I needed more cargo volume. As far as going back permanently, not gonna do it. 🤪🐩
Sponsored

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
We live in the Midwest—chargers are around but not omnipresent. I love my EV and don’t want to be without one again. That said, our back up is a PHEV. Best of both worlds. Good around town and may be we’ll prefer it for long road trips. I’ve quickly gotten used to the fuel savings of the EV, though.

Canchino77

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I switched to a plug in hybrid (BMW X3 30e) Only 23 miles all electric but getting close to 70 MPGe.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I briefly went back to ICE with a RAV4 Prime as my sole vehicle in Dec and Jan but it was too small. EV mode was great though and it easily got 36mpg in all situations. I would consider a Highlander Prime. Not sure I would enjoy a Bronco as my daily driver.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone go from Electric back to ICE? 1656454783742

While waiting for my Mach-E (Extended Range as I traded my SR away) I scored a Telluride and Model Y. I could live with a Telluride full time if I had to. It’s not the best car for stop and go traffic but it’s so smooth/quiet/comfortable on the highways and the safety features are top notch.

Last edited:

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I took the plunge and went full ev.

but I’m probably going to buy a beater truck orsuv for hauling/camping/light off-roading/backup in case the Mach e bricks on me or is tied up in the shop for something or other
My 19 year old Truck came in handy yesterday while my Wife’s MME was in the shop getting a Powertrain Malfunction Alarm cleared. It also comes in handy for hauling our electric bikes! :)

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
You may have seen a different article. This one, from 2015-2019 shows 18%. Said differently, more than 80% stay with EVs... kinda high retention rate for new tech.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ev-owners-switch-gas-power-study/

In 2015 the car and charging options were no where near as good as today.
Not just the charging, but the cars weren’t either. Other than a Tesla Model S, there weren’t any long-range options. The Volt and Leaf were the only reasonably affordable BEVs back then, right? 7 years was an eternity ago for BEVs.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've only driven my ICE twice in the 3 weeks since I got my MME. Once I confirm that long trips are viable, I expect to become EV only.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I almost let my Tacoma run out of gas today because I forgot that we own a vehicle from the dark ages (2019) that needs constant attention and feeding from specialized refueling stations instead of just connecting to our house. It cost me $85 to put 17 gallons into the tank. That will get me down to the valley and back if I'm super careful. I could go across 1.5 states and back for $85 in my Mustang.

I have to keep the dead-dino-juice guzzler for now, but once there's a truck with a 400-ish mile range, we'll never go back to ICE. I'm also looking into how to convert or replace a diesel tractor with an all-electric tractor.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
You will Love, Love, Love the Bronco. Great ride, no bouncy Jeep at all. The full open roof compared to the Jeeps head smashing roll bar in the middle and Badlands Sasquatch goes virtually anywhere!

Having said that, the Bronco is gone, and the MachE First Edition is getting upgraded to a GTPE that hit the dealer today but because of the recall, will sit until the fix is in.
Wife loves her MachE and almost zero maintenance, oil changes, Injectors, etc! Literally the most convenient vehicle we've owned. We do have a 21 PowerBoost F150 Platinum that is awesome, but the MachE is used daily!

IMG_20210730_155518.jpg

IMG_20220628_161158.jpg

IMG_20220628_161145.jpg

PilotMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Moke, FRS, Prius, FJR, 1966 Shelby Mustang
Country flag
We'll be trading our Prius in when the MME shows up (soon) and I'll keep my Scion FRS 6 speed. I think I"ll like the MME better than the Prius but I won't be giving up a 6 speed soon.
So 1 EV and 1 Ice. for a while.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I sold my Bolt EV back to GM last year and went back to driving an old Prius we had until my MME finally came in. Does that count?

sneakyyy_sneak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD Extended battery
Country flag
I live in the south and got a new job offer where I was supposed to be doing a lot of driving. With the lack of fast chargers around the area, I traded my MME for a Volvo XC90. I enjoyed that Volvo, but I loved my MME more. So after a few months and seeing that I wasn't doing much driving, I looked for a MME and got my hands on one. I will say though that if the market remains this way, I will consider selling this car before the year ends though. I wouldn't mind being back in a Volvo as those cars are also nice.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It still is in many regions with a lack of and/or reliability issues
Green Bay Wisconsin, 140 miles north of Milwaukee has zero dcfc ccs chargers. The state of West Virginia has only one dcfcccs. A poky 25kW one at the Harley Davidson dealerdhip in Morgantown. Michigan, home of the Federal head of Transporatation has installed mulyiple 50 and 62.5kW ccs chargers. And only one in tje Up thst has been malfunctioniing for 9 months now. The electrical infranstructure in many ares needs dignificant upgrades to support L3 charging.
Yeah, I tried charging at the Greenlots DCFC in Escanaba on a road trip to northern Wisconsin last weekend. While I sat there on the phone attempting to get assistance while the Greenlots charger took a dump, there were ten empty Tesla supercharger stalls, all begging to be generating revenue. Elon, you cannot open up that network fast enough.
Sponsored