Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
For the most part, everything had been working fine. For the last week I had been having problems with my Iphone 11 ProMax connecting to AppleCarplay. Sometimes when connecting wirelessly; BlueTooth would not connect on the car but showed connected on my phone. If I connected with USB it would recognize my phone and everything would work ok. As of two days ago the wireless connection stopped working completely but would Apple CarPlay would connect via USB and would work. As of this morning, nothing works- wireless or USB but on my phone it still shows connected to my car. Any ideas?
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
My wireless CarPlay (iPhone 12 Pro Max) followed a similar pattern to what you described. It worked for a while and then was never able to connect again.

I just ended up turning off "Wireless App projection", and now my bluetooth audio works just fine. There is some conflict where bluetooth is necessary to initiate the CarPlay connection, but it can't do that if Bluetooth is currently being used for audio.

My USB connection is able to start CarPlay ok, so I just use the cable when I want CarPlay.

BFaulkner

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME, 2019 Audi A5, 2013 BMW 550i
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
I've also had problems connecting my iPhone X to the car via the Apple CarPlay as well. If I disconnect my phone from the MME WiFi network, I can't get it to work at all. My assumption is that the connection between the Apple phone and the car is made via the car's wifi network. I had disconnected it as I'm not subscribed to the cellular option on the car and my free period has expired. Being connected to the car's wifi now seems to slow down my broadband connection a lot. I don't know if this helps or not, but I'm not a fan of how Ford has done this.

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called Ford and they had me run through this which didn't work- turn car on > park and turn off> open the door and lock> close the door and wait 2 minutes> turn car on. "This is supposed to resent the Sync and it should pair the phone and car automatically". It didn't work but I was able to connect to CarPlay with USB after this. I removed my phone from the list of phones on the CarPlay app. I waited a bit then I added it back and it connected right away. Lets see after work if it still connects!

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called Ford and they had me run through this which didn't work- turn car on > park and turn off> open the door and lock> close the door and wait 2 minutes> turn car on. "This is supposed to resent the Sync and it should pair the phone and car automatically". It didn't work but I was able to connect to CarPlay with USB after this. I removed my phone from the list of phones on the CarPlay app. I waited a bit then I added it back and it connected right away. Lets see after work if it still connects!
So far so good. No further issues.

LBMachE

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium ER, 1966 Ford Mustang 289
Country flag
So far so good. No further issues.
I’m having the same issues. I can’t connect CarPlay to my iPhone 12 wirelessly but I can without issues every time if I connect hardwired to usb. Did the sequence of events you listed allow you now to connect wirelessly?

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
Carplay worked perfectly for me for the first few weeks. Now I am having tons of issues. Never starts up. Can't disable it from settings. Both wired and wireless isn't working ~50% of the time, it's getting pretty annoying since Carplay was one of the reasons I chose a Mach E over a Model Y.

It's intermittent too. I will drive to work - Carplay works. Drive to store after work - doesn't work. Drive to different store - works. Drive home - doesn't work. That is almost more frustrating then it just not working.

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m having the same issues. I can’t connect CarPlay to my iPhone 12 wirelessly but I can without issues every time if I connect hardwired to usb. Did the sequence of events you listed allow you now to connect wirelessly?
No issues anymore. I’ve been driving to work for two weeks now without a fob.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Carplay worked perfectly for me for the first few weeks. Now I am having tons of issues. Never starts up. Can't disable it from settings. Both wired and wireless isn't working ~50% of the time, it's getting pretty annoying since Carplay was one of the reasons I chose a Mach E over a Model Y.

It's intermittent too. I will drive to work - Carplay works. Drive to store after work - doesn't work. Drive to different store - works. Drive home - doesn't work. That is almost more frustrating then it just not working.
Mine started doing the same thing today with CarPlay. Yesterday the Fordpass app froze, so I did a full app delete, involving a resetting of bluetooth, backup codes etc, in order to get everything working properly. That seems to have broken my connection with Carplay. When I push the button to connect to CarPlay, it tells me to attach with USB (never has done that before). USB is about 50/50 success in functionality. It doesn't seem to be fully connecting with Carplay (No mirroring of phone, Google Maps gives audible directions but no map.) I may need to delete my bluetooth connection and reset - it behaves as if there is a conflict between the Ford's audio system and Carplay.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
When I push the button to connect to CarPlay, it tells me to attach with USB (never has done that before).
Mine did this exact same thing today. I got into my car and pretty much plugged my phone in after I sat down and before the system was fully booted. I pushed the voice button and it talked out from the phone vs the SYNCH4 system, however the map and such was up on the screen. I messed with it and resulted it really screwing it up. It would just blink the carplay connecting status and said to plug in a USB.

I unplugged it, threw it into airplane mode, then turned airplane mode off and manually connected to Carplay from the SYNCH4 screen. Gave it a second to connect, and then I plugged in the cable. All was well after that.

So I'm assuming if you plug in the phone before the system is fully up it results in conflicts. Guessing... I've not tried it again as I personally don't like forcing my car to do odd things lol

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Mine did this exact same thing today. I got into my car and pretty much plugged my phone in after I sat down and before the system was fully booted. I pushed the voice button and it talked out from the phone vs the SYNCH4 system, however the map and such was up on the screen. I messed with it and resulted it really screwing it up. It would just blink the carplay connecting status and said to plug in a USB.

I unplugged it, threw it into airplane mode, then turned airplane mode off and manually connected to Carplay from the SYNCH4 screen. Gave it a second to connect, and then I plugged in the cable. All was well after that.

So I'm assuming if you plug in the phone before the system is fully up it results in conflicts. Guessing... I've not tried it again as I personally don't like forcing my car to do odd things lol
Yea - It's acting like the Ford system is recognizing my phone as a phone, but not letting it fully letting CarPlay take over. I'll explore your suggestion and reset the bluetooth connection and report back. This car has a little "Frankenstein gene" in her linage but, damn, I still grin when I get in.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Yea - It's acting like the Ford system is recognizing my phone as a phone, but not letting it fully letting CarPlay take over. I'll explore your suggestion and reset the bluetooth connection and report back. This car has a little "Frankenstein gene" in her linage but, damn, I still grin when I get in.
Update - By disconnecting the iphone from Paak bluetooth, the phone will connect to Carplay and operate - but only wired - not wireless. Apple maps and Google maps both work, s well as podcasts - but again, only if connected by USB.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Update - By disconnecting the iphone from Paak bluetooth, the phone will connect to Carplay and operate - but only wired - not wireless. Apple maps and Google maps both work, s well as podcasts - but again, only if connected by USB.
Okay so I fought CarPlay again this morning.. I thought for sure I bugged out the car somehow by plugging it in right away before the system booted and now its bonked. Tried all the things you have tired, still only would work with a USB cable.

Then I realized I have an action (which I think a lot of people use) that puts my phone into "low power" mode at 40%, the battery shows as a yellow icon. So in troubleshooting I went in and turned off low power mode and POOF Wireless CarPlay worked..

So double check your batter is not yellow showing low power mode. If that is not the issue, then I'm not sure what else to try sadly.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have issues with Apple Car Play at times but I think its because I have poor cell service where I live. Usually works when I have a good cell signal.
Sponsored