John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Got it back from the dealer. They didn't give me a copy of the work order (and I was in a rush so didn't ask), but they told me that there was a pin or cable that had come loose. They said they just plugged it back in and made sure it was secure, and now it's good to go.
Sponsored

D4rkt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape, 2021 MME Premium ER
Country flag
If it goes out again, it is not an OTA that will fix it. It is the DSP module that might need to be updated on their end. Keep an eye out, if it stops again take it back and tell them to double check the DSP.
Well it happened again. My audio went out yesterday for the 2nd time in a week. This time I can definitely say it was immediately after I disconnected my home charging plug. I returned from my errand and plugged the car into my Level 2 charger. Audio was working fine up to that point. My wife had to use the car for her errand 10 minutes after I got home. She unplugged the charger cable, started the car and presto - no audio. I have not seen any additional comments from the other thread contributors about any recurring issues after their DSP connectors were secured. So I'm going back to the dealership tomorrow and I'm going to mention the findings in this thread. However since I have lost my audio 2 times now and each time was after I removed the charging plug, once on a DC fast charger and the second from my home charger it hard for me to imagine is a loose connector. Fingers crossed.

oldguardmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Well it happened again. My audio went out yesterday for the 2nd time in a week. This time I can definitely say it was immediately after I disconnected my home charging plug. I returned from my errand and plugged the car into my Level 2 charger. Audio was working fine up to that point. My wife had to use the car for her errand 10 minutes after I got home. She unplugged the charger cable, started the car and presto - no audio. I have not seen any additional comments from the other thread contributors about any recurring issues after their DSP connectors were secured. So I'm going back to the dealership tomorrow and I'm going to mention the findings in this thread. However since I have lost my audio 2 times now and each time was after I removed the charging plug, once on a DC fast charger and the second from my home charger it hard for me to imagine is a loose connector. Fingers crossed.
Mine was resolved by getting a firmware update that had to be done at the Ford Dealer. Over the air was not an option for the fix. It happened a couple of times before the Dealer and Ford (Corporate) came up with the right firmware to get it resolved. The dealer initially did not have access to the right firmware to get our sound working.

D4rkt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape, 2021 MME Premium ER
Country flag
Follow up/update. I brought my Mach E back to the Dealership on Monday 4/12 with hopes that another system reboot would work as it did the week prior. It did not. The service agent said they would then order another DSP unit to replace the unit currently in my vehicle. I got a call from the Dealership service agent last Friday 4/16 who said Ford has a software update which should fix the problem. I brought the Mach E to the dealership this morning and they performed the software update. The result is a functioning audio and bluetooth system once again. I hope this update sticks. The DSP unit is still on order just incase. Here's a copy of the invoice.

Mach E Audio repair 2.jpg

LTJOHNJ60

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
After bringing my Mach E in for the second time for this issue, They found SSM 49373. The reset module and performed DSP software update. Hopefully it continues to work.

TeeMart1984

First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E AWD
Occupation
Painter
Country flag
Just received mine and the audio works but I don’t think the sub is working. Also, when talking on the phone via CarPlay, I have to turn the volume up to max to hear the person on the other line. Also, the tone settings reset every time I restart the car (my profile is setup and recognized). Anyone else have issues like this?

OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just received mine and the audio works but I don’t think the sub is working. Also, when talking on the phone via CarPlay, I have to turn the volume up to max to hear the person on the other line. Also, the tone settings reset every time I restart the car (my profile is setup and recognized). Anyone else have issues like this?
Tone settings reset is a known issue. They will fix it with an OTA.
2 workarounds:
1. Switch profiles. Go to guest, then back to your profile. Your settings will be restored.
2. Disable all profile, and set the tone settings there. That will be the settings every time you turn on the car.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
Plugged my Premium ER in to charge from my Grizzl-e Classic. Experienced 2 faults then switched to my mobile charger to get to 85% SOC. Took the car out this evening and no audio or CarPlay (didn’t try making a call).

Thanks to the posters who shared their service notes. I’ll be calling for an appointment in the morning.

Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
The audio stopped working in my First Edition for the second time. The dealership said I have to bring it in again.

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
My audio also stopped working yesterday for the second time. Made an appointment for Saturday.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Plugged my Premium ER in to charge from my Grizzl-e Classic. Experienced 2 faults then switched to my mobile charger to get to 85% SOC. Took the car out this evening and no audio or CarPlay (didn’t try making a call).

Thanks to the posters who shared their service notes. I’ll be calling for an appointment in the morning.
UPDATE.......So much for 30 years of loyalty to a dealership which includes 6 purchases, 2 leases, countless service visits, and several referrals. The earliest appointment was in 10 days....can't believe their only MME technician is booked out that far. Service is blaming it on the holiday weekend. If my service contact wasn't off today, my answer may have been different. So I called another dealer and could have brought it in later today, but chose tomorrow instead.

Ford Service needs to transform their operation quickly if EV's are their future. The paradigm shift for servicing EV's is big and their current workforce may not have the inherent skills to work on vehicles that leverage technology.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Dropped the car off this morning, and fixed just after lunchtime. Maybe we just have to zero in on those high-performing dealers with great service.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Audio System Not Working MME DSP Snip.JPG

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Dropped my car off yesterday morning to fix the audio issue for the second time. Last time they unplugged it and plugged it back in and said it was a loose cable. This time they said there was a technical service bulletin to reprogram the DSP, which they did.

I was to arrive shortly after the service department closed so they said they would lock the keys in it and leave it in the showroom parking lot. I get a ride over there and car is nowhere to be found.

I stick a couple of salesmen on the case. After ten minutes they return and apparently the service tech is still working on the car. As they were backing the car out to bring it around front, the automatic emergency braking module failed so they were trying to reprogram that. They asked for fifteen minutes to try to fix that.

After thirty minutes they came out and said they had no luck. But the car is drivable so just take it home! ? I said no dice. I am not taking the car home with a SAFETY issue just to bring it back after the holiday.

So after they had a discussion with one of the managers they finally put me in a loaner.

Hopefully this is an easy fix! ? Very frustrated that my MME had been in for service now twice in 1,300 miles.

gomezjr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E RWD EB
Country flag
I went to pick up my Premium RWD yesterday. Last item on my checklist was audio and same symptoms - No audio, no volume indicators, but Sound settings (balance/EQ) were still there(?) My saleswomen swore she had tuned in satellite the previous day.

So we rolled it over to the Service bay and a tech comes out with his laptop. The diag showed the DSP (amp) module was unresponsive and a soft SYNC4 reboot was not brining it back. They kept it last night and told me at pick up today it required a full power cycle and dodged telling me any more other than "Ford is having some OEM vendor chipset problems" similar and vague to what I've read here in forums.

Guess we'll see how many days mine stays working ... #EarlyAdopter
Well, about 10 weeks of ownership and no sound came back, so I pulled the negative terminal off the 12V battery for several minutes. What was interesting is that this coincidentally happened the next day after I finally PaaK'd my wife's phone and created a new profile for her the night before (then deep sleep). Had not connected charger or any other actions also reported here. So far audio has since been fine the past couple of weeks, so thought I'd report here.

miked47a

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition MME AWD Rapid Red
Country flag
This isn't the same problem but seems related so I will post it here.
I have been having trouble the last two days with Apple Car play not connecting to my iPhone. Today when I got in the car and pressed Start a LOUD, and I do mean ear piercing loud, screech came out of the sound system and then loud static came out of all the speakers and car play connected. The static didn't stop when I turned off the radio nor was it affected by the volume control. It didn't stop when I shut the car off either. I tried starting and stoping the car, turning off my phone and locking and unlocking the car... nothing. I had to drive 20 minutes like that. I got home, turned off the car, still crackling, and went inside. When I came out 20 minutes later it had stopped and everything is working. No clue whatsoever what to do. I did make a video of the noise though.
Sponsored