Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was able to get the sound system back by unplugging the fuse box and plugging it back in. It’s really tricky to get access the the fuse box and even when you can see it still hard to unplug.
I’m if you are handy you can try, or else take it to the dealership and tell them to look at the fuse.
Where is the interior fuse box Located?
Sponsored

ePonyBoy

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Professional
Country flag
Hello everyone. I just got my Mach E, and to my surprise the audio system is not working at all. Radio, car play, Bluetooth audio, nothing works. Has anyone faced this issue ?

thank you.
Joao.
I’m have the same issue. Just took delivery and it was not working. Did you get yours resolved yet?

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Well, time to contact the dealer again tomorrow. It stopped working again.

All other sounds work fine, sensor alerts, seatbelt unbuckled, door ajar. But no sound that has to do with radio, Bluetooth, CarPlay, navigation, and even propulsion sounds don’t work.

Last edited:

OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m have the same issue. Just took delivery and it was not working. Did you get yours resolved yet?
Apparently yes. My car is not 100% yet. It’s going back to the dealership. Heating steering wheel is not working. They changed the steering wheel twice, brought different Ford engineers on site to troubleshoot but still nothing.
For the sound, I believe the fix was a DSP update. I’ve only had the car back since Friday, so did not do any extensive testing.

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Well, time to contact the dealer again tomorrow. It stopped working again.

All other sounds work fine, sensor alerts, seatbelt unbuckled, door ajar. But no sound that has to do with radio, Bluetooth, CarPlay, navigation, and even propulsion sounds don’t work.
I brought it in to the dealer today, they hooked it up and didn’t find any codes.

They contacted big Ford and are waiting to hear back.

The phone call happened so quick I didn’t get a chance to ask them to check the Amp, since that sounds like the solution from 2 others here.

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I went to the dealership to ask about my audio issue and they said they heard from Big Ford, and figured out it was the DSP, like the others here. But the part isn’t supposed to come in till this weekend.

So I asked if I could take it back until it came in, and they said ok.

Kind of surprised they didn’t offer that to me right off the bat, since nothing else is wrong. I would rather have my MME, than the Escape they gave me as a loaner. ?

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
Hello everyone. I just got my Mach E, and to my surprise the audio system is not working at all. Radio, car play, Bluetooth audio, nothing works. Has anyone faced this issue ?

thank you.
Joao.
I have had my car for a month now. Today the audio system has stopped working. I have taken the car to the dealer. They put me in a rental car. They did not know how long it will take to fix. Reset did not fix the issue. The joy of early adoption.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I have had my car for a month now. Today the audio system has stopped working. I have taken the car to the dealer. They put me in a rental car. They did not know how long it will take to fix. Reset did not fix the issue. The joy of early adoption.
So the amp has a defect. Maybe a bad batch? If it happens to me maybe ill ask them to upgrade it

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Where is the interior fuse box Located?
See at 4:50. I wonder if the under hood fuse box was designed for best access with the frunk tub out?

Under The Hood: 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E

OP
OP
jcharnet

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Did they update, or replace it?
I still don't have a full report of what they've done because they are still figuring some stuff out, but my understanding is that they updated the DSP, no need to replace it.

oldguardmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I am just frosted trying to figure this out. I found the fuse box, but you have to remove the whole frunk to get to the fuses. I know the DSP is in the rear passenger side area, but I don't want to mess up the car getting into it. Anyone seen a video on how to get into the dsp? I am confident if I can unplug the dsp and plug it back in, I will have audio again, but I don't want to pull the whole frunk out to do it. The dealer did it once for me, and it worked for 24 hours. They think my WIFI is messing with it, and I would like to see if the changes we made resolve this issue.
Sponsored