Shawnybs

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE-Mach-E and Mustang GT
Country flag
Hi, just wondering if anyone on this thread (dww?) was able to get their wine fixed or looked at by the dealer?
Sponsored

Victaaa

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Iā€™m at 15k miles on a 2021 Select AWD and the noise is there on mine now. It comes in around 40-45mph and increases in volume as you speed up. I did go over a pot hole and bent my wheel, but that wheel has been swapped out and the tire was still good and transferred over. Iā€™m having another EV certified Ford dealer look at it next week.

parasandtobi

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I have an AWD Job 2 2021 Premium and I hear a super faint whoop-whoop sound right around 30mph. Slower or faster it's gone. Has behaved that way since new. It's faint enough that I can't hear it when the stereo is on.

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Same here: a whistling whining sound at 30mph. It is gone below 28 and above 31. I have an AWD, but since only the rear motor operates at 30mph it is more likely the rear inverter.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have an AWD Job 2 2021 Premium and I hear a super faint whoop-whoop sound right around 30mph. Slower or faster it's gone. Has behaved that way since new. It's faint enough that I can't hear it when the stereo is on.
Hi there! If you are still experiencing this noise concern, feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info. I'd be happy to look into things for you.

Victaaa

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Iā€™m at 15k miles on a 2021 Select AWD and the noise is there on mine now. It comes in around 40-45mph and increases in volume as you speed up. I did go over a pot hole and bent my wheel, but that wheel has been swapped out and the tire was still good and transferred over. Iā€™m having another EV certified Ford dealer look at it next week.
It was the wheel bearing. Fixed under warranty šŸ˜

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
An AWD '22 Mach E Select that I drove was noticeably more "whiney" than an RWD '22 Select model, especially around 30mph. I figure it was due to the dual motors (different model/size) competing in sound frequency.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
My 2021 MME First Edition just started making this noise yesterday. I have over 26,000 miles on the car at this point over the past two years and have never once heard the noise until yesterday. I see a mention above that it turned out to be a wheel bearing that was fixed under warranty. For anyone else who has experienced this, is that what was determined to be the issue?

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
No sound from our MME. My son's Toyota Venza hybrid makes a low pitch sound as the motor helps regen, i.e. braking. Sounds almost like an ambulance from a mile away. However, our Ford Fusion hybrid regens during braking w/o any noise.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My 2021 MME First Edition just started making this noise yesterday. I have over 26,000 miles on the car at this point over the past two years and have never once heard the noise until yesterday. I see a mention above that it turned out to be a wheel bearing that was fixed under warranty. For anyone else who has experienced this, is that what was determined to be the issue?
If it just started making the noise, it might be a bearing going bad rather than the motor. The front motor whine will be present from new, is loudest around 30 MPH, and won't really change much with time.

Cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
Any examples of what it sounds like. I thought the whining sound was just part of having an EV. Maybe Iā€™m wrong.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes, especially when it's cold the front motor whines like a banshee on the right side sometimes

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!
Sponsored