Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Almost sounds related to the B-Class EV, early Model S, and Toyota Rav4 issue that was the motor bearings whirring as they became pitted (leaking seals.) In some cases there was motor coolant leaking that caused rust & premature failure. I hear some motor sounds on our AWD, but nothing close to those cars.

With the Mercedes, the dealer said it was fine when under warranty, once out of warranty (different dealer) they said it needed to be replaced (a crazy $14,000 job, one motor.) Tesla replaced many of the Model S motors that exhibited the noise, Musk said they really didn't need to, it was just that the customers didn't like the loud whirring noise. :rolleyes:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
same problem here.

does anyone have an update on this?
Does it move as I also hear the electric motors. What's your 0 to 60 roughly? When you pull out to pass is 90 mph no problems?

For me it is super quite but when it is pulling or regens I hear the motors. It also has this weirdly irritating pedestrian sound that kicks in once and awhile making you want to put it in park. Maybe record it?

Mine is acting perfect right now kick paak port cover carplay all just working. Been around 20C here. Best highway car ever by far for me; thing moves.

MattY

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e AWD SR
Does it move as I also hear the electric motors. What's your 0 to 60 roughly? When you pull out to pass is 90 mph no problems?

For me it is super quite but when it is pulling or regens I hear the motors. It also has this weirdly irritating pedestrian sound that kicks in once and awhile making you want to put it in park. Maybe record it?

Mine is acting perfect right now kick paak port cover carplay all just working. Been around 20C here. Best highway car ever by far for me; thing moves.

what i got is a high pitching Nosie between 40 - 55 km/h. it peaks around 50km/h. loud enough to hear even I have the radio volume turned to 10.

I think I have the same problem as Terry in the following thread.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...is-definitely-not-the-pedestrian-sound.16288/

Gerynant24

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4, SR AWD
Occupation
Design Assurance Manager
Country flag
I have the same problem. There are several threads on this so seems a very common problem, but no solution yet...

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The whine at around 30 MPH / 50 kph is a normal characteristic of the front motor, nothing is wrong. Every AWD Mach-E with the Magna front motor does it. Mine has had the wine the whole time from day 1, I think some people just take a while to notice it.

If it drives you nuts, get a RWD or GT instead.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The whine at around 30 MPH / 50 kph is a normal characteristic of the front motor, nothing is wrong. Every AWD Mach-E with the Magna front motor does it. Mine has had the wine the whole time from day 1, I think some people just take a while to notice it.

If it goes like a bat out of hell no worries right? So much quitter and less vibration in this EV compared to my previous ICE's. Highway driving is relaxing and a whole lot less taxing. I am thinking it has a lot to do with vibration and noise. I hear them and like the sound of them whining up and down. If anyone thinks theirs are not right they have to go listen to another one. Mine sound good.

Do you know if the really loud one I hear once and a while when coming to a stop and leaving it in drive is the pedestrian sound acting up? Sounds a bit like it but loud. Maybe it is me pulling up to a brick wall front and side and it is reverberating (home spot)? That is where I have heard it a few times. Very Intermittently not often and can count them on one hand. As it is not always there it is a wonder. As soon as you put it in park it stops.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Do you know if the really loud one I hear once and a while when coming to a stop and leaving it in drive is the pedestrian sound acting up? Sounds a bit like it but loud. Maybe it is me pulling up to a brick wall front and side and it is reverberating (home spot)? That is where I have heard it a few times. Very Intermittently not often and can count them on one hand. As it is not always there it is a wonder. As soon as you put it in park it stops.
I really have no idea what exact sound you're referring to. The pedestrian speaker is in the front under the frunk so pulling up to a brick wall would reflect sound and make it sound louder inside. But it would sound the same every time. Pedestrian sound shuts off in park so that could be it.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I really have no idea what exact sound you're referring to. The pedestrian speaker is in the front under the frunk so pulling up to a brick wall would reflect sound and make it sound louder inside. But it would sound the same every time. Pedestrian sound shuts off in park so that could be it.
Was just wonder if you have heard it and may know. Need to record it next time I guess. Not a big deal just one of those things that makes you go hum. As noted put in park and it stops.

Gerynant24

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4, SR AWD
Occupation
Design Assurance Manager
Country flag
Having driven several other manufacturers AWD offerings that have no such whine, I find it hard to accept that this is just “normal”. For a premium value car I would expect better. My wife’s Honda e is dead silent for £20k less.
Don’t get me wrong, I agree it’s overall a great car, but to have motor resonance at a low crusing speed just bugs me. I’ll just have to turn up the tunes!
I do hope, though, that Ford can tune the resonance off 30MPH with a software update.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

I have a GTPE and have the motor whine, not sure why you recommended the GT to not get motor whine?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have a GTPE and have the motor whine, not sure why you recommended the GT to not get motor whine?
GT has a different front motor that doesn’t whine all the time, only under acceleration. Ours whine continuously when driving a steady 30 mph.

dww

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Jaguar XJ8, 2000 Ford F250 SD XL 4WD
Occupation
Winemaker
Country flag
I've had the whine from day one on my 2022 AWD Premium at 30 mph. I do 1/2 city driving so this is very annoying. Wish there was something that could be adjusted. Will watch this post in case a fix is found.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I've had the whine from day one on my 2022 AWD Premium at 30 mph. I do 1/2 city driving so this is very annoying. Wish there was something that could be adjusted. Will watch this post in case a fix is found.
So you're saying that even though you're a winemaker, do don't want your car to be a whinemaker? (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)
Sponsored