Backup Camera issue after CSP 21P22 update

HorseWithNoName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD + Confort Techology package
Country flag
After my Ford dealership performed the CSP 21P22, my backup camera has been displaying a 1/2 inch high blurred region across the bottom of the screen.
In that region, part of the Pony emblem, right under the camera is showing.
I did bring it back to the dealer who took the car in and came and told me that they needed to contact the Ford EV hotline for guidance on how to fix the issue.
After keeping the car for almost 7 hours, they told me that they didn’t have a fix as of then.
The service advisor advised me they they were still waiting from Ford to get the final diagnostic. But that I could drive my car home
3 days later, the same service advisor officially told me that the issue I was experiencing was know to Ford (to happen after the update) and, since it was not a safety issue they (Ford) didn’t have a fix.
He also told me that I was the 4th Mach E owner (at their dealership) to experience that issue and that if I wanted to, I could escalate to Ford themselves.

Which I did.

After a very short turnaround a Ford customer service supervisor confirmed what the service advisor at the dealership said.

I have to say I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Anybody else having that issue?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Backup Camera issue after CSP 21P22 update 56F2DA32-2D6E-4B9C-AAAB-421B4FB058A4
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I got the CSP completed last week. I have not noticed this area you point out, but by the time I get home and back into the garage, the camera is covered in snow and useless anyway. I’ll try to remember to look at it closely on the morning.

OP
OP
HorseWithNoName

HorseWithNoName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry for the quality of the first screenshot.
here’s a better one that show the full bottom of the screen.
Right above the volume dial I can see the bottom of the Pony emblem.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Backup Camera issue after CSP 21P22 update 585E3D25-18E3-482A-A0B2-EF17778C6156

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Backup Camera issue after CSP 21P22 update 3519DF09-4E07-4D79-9AF3-B98A1A00AD23

wiped off the camera and took this photo. Yes I can see the pony emblem buried in the snow but the rest of the photo is clear. Or would be without the water on the lens. But I also can’t promise that I couldn’t see it before the CSP. I would have to look at my wife’s car which, due to incongruent schedules, I won’t see again for a few days.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Backup Camera issue after CSP 21P22 update 3519DF09-4E07-4D79-9AF3-B98A1A00AD23
Is that not just part of the car? Maybe one of the updates in the CSP widened the camera angle so that you can see more of the car in the bottom of the frame.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

I just checked mine. This is definitely just part of the rear hatch that's visible. There's nothing wrong with your camera.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Backup Camera issue after CSP 21P22 update 1643120991785

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I’m having a flipped issue with my new GT PE, it shows a sliver on the bottom when using the front camera! I don’t recall this on my Premium.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
To me this looks normal. Seeing a little bit of the vehicle in the backup view helps me understand the distance from the vehicle's rear to the items I'm seeing behind it.

Without a bit of that tailgate view, I might assume those external items are farther than they are.

I haven't noticed any changes to this view yet, since delivery of the vehicle.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I’m having a flipped issue with my new GT PE, it shows a sliver on the bottom when using the front camera! I don’t recall this on my Premium.
The grille on the GT sticks out a little more than the non GT's. At night you'll even see the light up emblem in the front camera.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The grille on the GT sticks out a little more than the non GT's. At night you'll even see the light up emblem in the front camera.
That's normal too. My Premium has always had that.
Oh, thank goodness. Thank you both! I think it’s the fact that it’s lit up that made it more obvious when I was testing it out. Glad to hear it’s normal.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I had the same view of the rear bumper in my Mazda CX-5.

I didn't mind it, it assured me that I was seeing the most complete view possible.

OP
OP
HorseWithNoName

HorseWithNoName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well… This is kind of reassuring
But, I’m positive that band at the bottom was not present when I got my car.
The service advisor did confirm I wasn’t the first person to notice it after the calibration update.
I’d be curious to know if someone has that issue and still hasn’t received the update.
Sponsored