memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
Wonder what would happen if you plugged the phone into the USB with a cable rather than using wireless CarPlay?
I was thing the same thing. I’ll try that as soon as I can.

Advertisement

OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
Wonder what would happen if you plugged the phone into the USB with a cable rather than using wireless CarPlay?
I was wondering the same thing this morning. I'll try and test that this weekend.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR ME FE, 2016 Escape, 2019 Fusion Energi
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I was wondering the same thing this morning. I'll try and test that this weekend.
I haven't had this happen to me yet, but I have not had that particular set of circumstances. I have a cable in the car for passengers to charge.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am not sure its a bug but it is annoying as the system can only have one active connection and no easy way to switch.

iOS phone - I am not connected to CarPlay but audio source is something other than BT, unable to hear BT via system/speakers. And no easy way to change audio source to BT other than several screen swipes. Example - quick few mile destination mapped on my phone at home and go sit in the car - too many turns on the map - want to hear them on the speakers but audio source is set to SXM. Not easy to change to BT audio. You may ask why not connect to carplay - reason is it disconnects me from wifi and my wifi is ON by default when close to home or work and dont want to disconnect wifi (same issue if I choose to try to ATT hotspot via wifi). I do tend to use carplay as needed but choose not to turn it on by default at this time as I want to see and use Sync system.

Advertisement

Advertisement