Bad Dealer Experience, Purchased out of Spite.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
If the people at Ford are reading this, I'd love to be contacted
I'm pretty sure Ford already hates dealers more than you. They're locked in by state laws protecting dealerships so there's little they can do, but they'd cut most of the dealerships loose in a heartbeat if they could.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm pretty sure Ford already hates dealers more than you. They're locked in by state laws protecting dealerships so there's little they can do, but they'd cut most of the dealerships loose in a heartbeat if they could.
For pre-order sales, anyway. Which happens to be most sales right now because of the unusual backlogs from supply chain issues.

For everything else they need/want dealers (service, warranty, parts, lot inventory sales, used car sales, trade-ins, etc).

That's what makes this relationship tricky. When inventories normalize again, Ford doesn't want to be at the disadvantage of customers having to pre-order and wait weeks/months for a car to be made & delivered when they can just walk down the street to a Chevy dealership and buy an Equinox or Silverado same day from lot inventory.

Last edited:

sherry4464

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR RWD Premium
Country flag
Ha! I'm right there with you on the ridiculous dealer experience. Can we get t-shirts made for the "I bought the MME out of spite" club? I want one :)

am142j

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD
Country flag
I just purchased a 2022 Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD, completely out of spite.

I purchased a Carbonized Gray Select AWD in June of 2021 (MSRP), and November 12th 2021 as the car market was getting crazy I decided to order a (Dark Matter Gray) Premium ER AWD MSRP. In December 2021 a Job 2 DMG Select AWD became available, so I purchased that for the Advanctrac off, Bluecruise and pop funk from #FordAss app. Pricing started go up, but I kept my premium on order and was assured that I had price protection by the dealership and even confirmed again with them after my car went into production.

So My 2022 Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD, finally arrives Sept 26th 2022, 10+ months after initial order. I go to the dealership, ready to do the deal and they fucked me. I called Ford Motor Company corporate and the passed me around to about 10 people, finally I land on one guy willing to help, great guy, but could do nothing.

Will not honor price protection, will not honor 2021 incentives, they will sell at current MSRP and require I pay an additional $700 for some protections they refuse to remove. I lost my mid, I went off like a spoiled child in Walmart, making sure everyone could hear how unhappy I was with this dealer.
Basically, the dealership was hoping I would back out of the deal so they could resell at a 10-20K mark-up. The also low balled my trade in offering $41k.

So I purchased the car out of spite, with my own financing and no trade in.

There's many better EV options, they should learn how to treat people.

If the people at Ford are reading this, I'd love to be contacted,
I bought mine last Thursday, didn't love my experience compared to another Ford I purchased at earlier in the year and I let that be known in the survey. The GM called me yesterday confused about why the survey wasn't a 5, I explained everything and he asked how can he make it right? I honestly said idk how? and he had no answer either, that was the end of it.

sherry4464

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR RWD Premium
Country flag
One thing that Ford could do is make the pitfalls more obvious when you order a car on their website. Have the customer acknowledge "I understand that the dealer I select is not obligated to, and probably won't, honor anything listed on our own website, choose wisely"

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One thing that Ford could do is make the pitfalls more obvious when you order a car on their website. Have the customer acknowledge "I understand that the dealer I select is not obligated to, and probably won't, honor anything listed on our own website, choose wisely"
Or simply, "Remember that you're buying the car from the dealer, not from Ford. We just make the products, we don't sell them to consumers directly".

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is why I’m dreading the day I pick mine up.
You’ve really made the best point here. No manufacturer of any product, no matter how desirable, can survive if potential customers dread doing business with them.

Ford had a real opportunity here, being first to market with an excellent product, but dealers are beginning to threaten that advantage.

its one thing to hear repeated horror stories on a forum like this, but I am now starting To get questions about how I was treated by my Ford dealer during the inevitable parking lot conversations I have by interested passers by.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Rivian rolled my price back. Ford also keeps raising prices, a 2023 Premium extended range AWD is $10k more than it was in 2021 and Ford offers a shitty feature set and having need having high warranty cost.

You don't have a choice to pick another dealer when you waited 10 months. Fuck the dealers !
You seem to have missed a few steps there when comparing Ford to Rivian.

Ford first LOWERED the prices of 2021 models by $3k before the first ones got delivered.

Ford offered price protection on people who got switched from 2021 to 2022.

They then offered “private offers” for those who got switched from 2022 to 2023.

And you are talking about price changes for two model years later.

Rivian raised prices $14,500 on the SAME model year.

Again…… not sure how you are thinking you are better off with Rivian.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Dealerships are run by losers lol. Losers in real life, losers on the sales floor. Losers everywhere.

They can laugh all they want but as soon as every manufacture goes the tesla route and dealerships get erased. I'm going to be the one laughing at them, their entire lives probably knowing nothing except selling cars. Will have a tough time for them in the job market.

Let them laugh, in the end they're the losers not the people buying the cars.

And we don't even have to wait until the dealership model goes away, just wait till the car market is back to normal and they try to get rid of cars left and right on the lot like before covid.

I have zero sympathy for dealerships. Any and all of them. I hate dealerships more than I hate anything on this earth. And I swore on my life I will do something about it before I pass. I have zero respect for anyone working or involved in any dealership. I don't even care if I get banned saying any of this.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
not sure how much it actually matters, but give them 1-star reviews in the survey Ford sends out.

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
They could do something like say "dealers are independently run businesses and may have their own policies and procedures that could impact your pricing. We recommend getting the following in writing when completing your order..."

They probably could even write up a legally binding agreement that the dealer has to adhere to in order to receive your order.

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
You seem to have missed a few steps there when comparing Ford to Rivian.

Ford first LOWERED the prices of 2021 models by $3k before the first ones got delivered.

Ford offered price protection on people who got switched from 2021 to 2022.

They then offered “private offers” for those who got switched from 2022 to 2023.

And you are talking about price changes for two model years later.

Rivian raised prices $14,500 on the SAME model year.

Again…… not sure how you are thinking you are better off with Rivian.
You seem like a corporate D!(K-ryder/ Ford Fan-boy

Ford lowered it pricing when Tesla was messing around with their pricing on model 3 and y, and as Tesla increased so did ford. Stop pretending like they did something customer friendly, or that any publicly traded corporation gives a F--- about customers.

Because my order was at 2021 pricing I was Eligible for the price protection based on everyone i spoke to at the dealer and ford directly. Why are you tell me what they do for 2022 to 23 orders, how does that apply to me ?

I'm better off on the rivian, because that's the EV i really want, its looks awesome, they invest in American manufacturing jobs, they realized they messed up and made it right. for pre-orders I'll give them much more leeway as a start-up company, than i will a 120 year old company fighting for relevancy in the EV space.

The Mustang Mach-E looks nice, but it lacks features are car at these prices (even before increase) should have, poor undertrained staff to service at dealers, Lower grade materials used in places that should be higher quality, Ford Pass is FordAss and fordSync is Ford Stync., Issueing a software update for a hardware issue isn't how you fix a problem. Almost $80K for 5 sections of power on the GT fuck-outta-here with that. At a similar price the Rivian will out performs, has more capabilities, range and features. Seems like a win-win to me.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You seem like a corporate D!(K-ryder/ Ford Fan-boy

Ford lowered it pricing when Tesla was messing around with their pricing on model 3 and y, and as Tesla increased so did ford. Stop pretending like they did something customer friendly, or that any publicly traded corporation gives a F--- about customers.

Because my order was at 2021 pricing I was Eligible for the price protection based on everyone i spoke to at the dealer and ford directly. Why are you tell me what they do for 2022 to 23 orders, how does that apply to me ?

I'm better off on the rivian, because that's the EV i really want, its looks awesome, they invest in American manufacturing jobs, they realized they messed up and made it right. for pre-orders I'll give them much more leeway as a start-up company, than i will a 120 year old company fighting for relevancy in the EV space.

The Mustang Mach-E looks nice, but it lacks features are car at these prices (even before increase) should have, poor undertrained staff to service at dealers, Lower grade materials used in places that should be higher quality, Ford Pass is FordAss and fordSync is Ford Stync., Issueing a software update for a hardware issue isn't how you fix a problem. Almost $80K for 5 sections of power on the GT fuck-outta-here with that. At a similar price the Rivian will out performs, has more capabilities, range and features. Seems like a win-win to me.
Just trying to stick to the facts. YOU brought up the 2021 vs 2023 price increase for Ford. You missed all the details and I filled them in.

Your entire complaint is about price increases, then YOU pointed to Rivian.

If Rivian is the vehicle you want at the price you want, great!

But don’t pretend like price hikes are a Ford thing only. If you’re buying a Rivian (or Tesla or whatever) based on Ford raising prices, you will be sorely disappointed because both of them raised prices even more.

Your Ford dealer experience sucked. If you ordered and got your model year switched, you qualify for price protection.

Now since you immediately switched to personal attacks, I have zero sympathy for you even though people here are trying to help you out.

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Just trying to stick to the facts. YOU brought up the 2021 vs 2023 price increase for Ford. You missed all the details and I filled them in.

Your entire complaint is about price increases, then YOU pointed to Rivian.

If Rivian is the vehicle you want at the price you want, great!

But don’t pretend like price hikes are a Ford thing only. If you’re buying a Rivian (or Tesla or whatever) based on Ford raising prices, you will be sorely disappointed because both of them raised prices even more.

Your Ford dealer experience sucked. If you ordered and got your model year switched, you qualify for price protection.

Now since you immediately switched to personal attacks, I have zero sympathy for you even though people here are trying to help you out.
You keep telling my what i steeps i "seemed: to miss, or what you think i don't understand. I understand price increases are going to happen, especially right now when everyone it taking advantage of the market.

I bought in 2021 before 2022 price increase, got a 2022 at 2022 MSRP which should have been 2021 MSRP with price protection - 2023 has nothing to do with this.

I'm not asking for your sympathy, I'm voicing my frustrations on how this company treated me and how valued customers are.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You keep telling my what i steeps i "seemed: to miss, or what you think i don't understand. I understand price increases are going to happen, especially right now when everyone it taking advantage of the market.

I bought in 2021 before 2022 price increase, got a 2022 at 2022 MSRP which should have been 2021 MSRP with price protection - 2023 has nothing to do with this.

I'm not asking for your sympathy, I'm voicing my frustrations on how this company treated me and how valued customers are.
And you are treating others poorly with insults as a response…..
Sponsored