inshimbi

First Name
Mwaba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I would give an 11,000 Premium reservation number a good chance for delivery in 2020. Remember that the reservation numbers started with 4,000.
so does it mean that there is a possibility of the Tax Credit running out on on those of us who will likely get ours in 2021 since Ford has other hybrid cars ??
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That was my order date (day one). Reservation date was 1/15/2020.
Ah, that makes more sense. Sorry, misunderstood.

I'm in the 29000's (Premium). I'm guessing February, plus or minus maybe a month. Probably similar for yours with a number a few thousand later (Feb-Mar). Just my guess though.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
so does it mean that there is a possibility of the Tax Credit running out on on those of us who will likely get ours in 2021 since Ford has other hybrid cars ??
No. Has to be a plug-in (BEV or PHEV) to count toward the $7500 federal tax credit limit. Ford had 80,000 left to start 2020. They're selling a scant few thousand plug-ins in most of 2020 (before the Mach-e starts selling). And even then, only about 20,000 2021 MMEs are expected to sell in the US.

Plus it takes a few quarters for the credit to phase out after the 200k number is hit. I think it's safe through 2Q2022.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Technically, in this situation, glass half full, especially if it was delayed until April. My current lease ends then, so I'd have minimal rollover if I take delivery in April, if any at all. January or December delivery, I would be rolling in a few thousand dollars.

Reservation date was 1/15/2020. ORDER conversion date (day one) was 6/27/2020.
April is probably a reasonable guess for delivery.

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
That number probably never had a chance to be delivered in 2020. That looks like one of the latest reservation numbers. Did you make the reservation in June?
I made it July.

Nadolwi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Rapid Red
Country flag
I made it July.
Hi everyone, I have been reading everyone’s thoughts on when the MME will be delivered and to be honest I am confused with all the number sequences and what will be produced first. So what is a guess for a premium MME AWD extended battery with a reservation # of 10019190 and order date of 6/39/2020. Thanks.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Hi everyone, I have been reading everyone’s thoughts on when the MME will be delivered and to be honest I am confused with all the number sequences and what will be produced first. So what is a guess for a premium MME AWD extended battery with a reservation # of 10019190 and order date of 6/39/2020. Thanks.
Did you have a reservation before placing the order? If do what was the Rez date? Or did you order directly from a dealer without a reservation?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'll guess your reservation was made sometime between 11/20-11/23?

Numbers started with 4000, meaning yours is within the first 15,000 or so reserved. About 1/3 of those were GTs, so you're really closer to 10,000 reservations. We don't know what the conversion rate has been but we do know the first produced/delivered will be GTs and a bunch of the early production will be Premiums. We also know about 2,000 of the first run will be FCTPs.

Since it looks like around 10,000 will be produced before the end of the year, I'd give it a reasonable shot you'll get your car in late 2020 but it might be early 2021.

Nadolwi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you have a reservation before placing the order? If do what was the Rez date? Or did you order directly from a dealer without a reservation?
Yes had the reservation before I placed the order and the reservation date was 11/21/2019.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Numbers started with 4000, meaning yours is within the first 15,000 or so reserved. About 1/3 of those were GTs, so you're really closer to 10,000 reservations. We don't know what the conversion rate has been but we do know the first produced/delivered will be GTs and a bunch of the early production will be Premiums. We also know about 2,000 of the first run will be FCTPs.

Since it looks like around 10,000 will be produced before the end of the year, I'd give it a reasonable shot you'll get your car in late 2020 but it might be early 2021.
ps: The rest of the work behind this is in my v3 production guesstimate: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-25477

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag

You excluded GT, but I think you forgot to exclude European orders.

Nadolwi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks for the info, you made the math very simple

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You excluded GT, but I think you forgot to exclude European orders.
Yes, left out that level of uncertainty. We have lots of uncertainty!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The math I’m using to guess on my delivery is to figure my percentile in overall orders. I’m in the 35,000 Rez/order numbers. That puts me roughly right at the “bottom” 30%. I’m presuming that this holds true for US orders as well and that cancellations or failures to convert will be evenly distributed throughout the reservations. So figuring 17,000 (includes the dealer cars but excluded 5,000 GTs as I ordered a premium and GTs are built last) cars for the NA market. Thus, they need to build about 12000 NA Cars to get to me. Or overall they need to build about 31,500 cars before mine shows up if US & EU orders are all built together in order of Rez (again excluding the GTs). Then looking at the guesstimate by @ChasingCoral (elsewhere on the forums) as to production, for me, that’s probably at the end of Run 2. Add in 6 to 8 weeks for delivery (I live in Hawaii, it’ll be slow). Mid May 2021 or somewhat later.

Obviously there are so many unknowns and variables that it’s not funny. We don’t know how many will roll off the assembly lines in run 1 or 2. We don’t know when they’ll start building EU and UK cars and whether they’ll schedule those with the NA car production. We don’t know the conversion rate (for Tesla, I’ve read that’s ranged from less than 30% to way high). We don’t know if cancellations are evenly distributed or not. We just don’t know much at all.

So mostly this is an exercise in futility. But I suspect we will begin to see a bit more information and numbers leaking out come September and October.
Sponsored

Last edited: