Blue Cruise map enhancements.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I'm just wondering are the maps of this ridiculously priced BC being enhanced actually.
On my way from the office home I have a little stretch. It is strait, no curves. Marking is fine. Nothing unusual. But for some reason the BC goes off on that stretch. It happens from the first day and keeps happening every day for a year and a half.
Also the BC usually ignores Speed limit for trucks except one that is a little different from others. It says

------------
| TRUCKS
|-----------
|Speed Limit
|
------------

My BC reacts on that particular one all the time for some reason.

How does the Ford enhance their BC software. Do they have a system of reporting and including the situations like that to their knowledge base?
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Unfortunately Blue Cruise has nothing to do with the speed sign recognition, the two operate independently of each other.

As far as the maps go, Ford drove around on all these highways and marked where it was ok to use hands free and where it wasn’t. On that straightaway you mentioned is there a toll reader? For whatever reason they have BlueCruise set to disable when going under a toll gantry. Also if you look on the interactive BlueCruise map does it show this blank area?

Previously Ford pushed out BlueCruise map updates twice a year, I don’t know what their current cycle it. I believe they are working towards having continuously updating maps for BlueCruise.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
On that straightaway you mentioned is there a toll reader? For whatever reason they have BlueCruise set to disable when going under a toll gantry. Also if you look on the interactive BlueCruise map does it show this blank area?
I believe the toll gantry dead zones are based on worries the IR lighting used could interfere with the lane keeping cameras.

Speed sign recognition is just the worst and I had to turn it off. It really struggles on the interstate around here with speed limit signs it should see (70), the express toll lanes in the center of the freeway (75), and the frontage road (50) leaving it on would bounce between speeds every mile or so.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe the toll gantry dead zones are based on worries the IR lighting used could interfere with the lane keeping cameras.
Ahhh ok, that makes sense. I figured there was some interference caused by the gantries, but I didn’t know what.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm just wondering are the maps of this ridiculously priced BC being enhanced actually.
On my way from the office home I have a little stretch. It is strait, no curves. Marking is fine. Nothing unusual. But for some reason the BC goes off on that stretch. It happens from the first day and keeps happening every day for a year and a half.
Also the BC usually ignores Speed limit for trucks except one that is a little different from others. It says

------------
| TRUCKS
|-----------
|Speed Limit
|
------------

My BC reacts on that particular one all the time for some reason.

How does the Ford enhance their BC software. Do they have a system of reporting and including the situations like that to their knowledge base?
Do not like it at all since it stays too far left in lane. Our tesla y auto pilot is amazing and sold on its ability to drive hands free. We have a free trial but not something worth 15000.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Unfortunately Blue Cruise has nothing to do with the speed sign recognition, the two operate independently of each other.
It is still a part of ACC and I thought it was supposed to gradually improve while adding driving data to the model.

As far as the maps go, Ford drove around on all these highways and marked where it was ok to use hands free and where it wasn’t. On that straightaway you mentioned is there a toll reader?
No toll roads at all.

For whatever reason they have BlueCruise set to disable when going under a toll gantry. Also if you look on the interactive BlueCruise map does it show this blank area?
I unsuccessfully tried to find those maps several times. Then I just gave up.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag

Speed sign recognition is just the worst and I had to turn it off. It really struggles on the interstate around here with speed limit signs it should see (70), the express toll lanes in the center of the freeway (75), and the frontage road (50) leaving it on would bounce between speeds every mile or so.
Mine works most of the time, so I have it on.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought it was supposed to gradually improve while adding driving data to the model.
No there is no data fed back by the vehicle to contribute to the BlueCruise maps.

All the BlueCruise map is, is a list of authorized sections of road that have been approved by someone at ford driving on them and seeing how the car handled. For some reason they marked that section of road near you as not ok. Maybe there was construction when they went through, or maybe it was a mistake.

You can find the interactive map on this page and see if that dead zone shows up.
https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise/

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Somewhere around here. One direction only

1688057204911.png
Wondering if by chance you are in one of the far left lanes when BC drops out?

I've noticed on a 3 lane expressway on my work commute that BC will drop consistently in a couple of spots on my way home if I'm in the left lane, but BC will not drop if I'm in the center or right lane. But going the other way it seems fine in those same spots.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what about speed limit sign recognition?
I don’t know for sure, but I don’t believe Ford crowd sources any data.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Wondering if by chance you are in one of the far left lanes when BC drops out?

I've noticed on a 3 lane expressway on my work commute that BC will drop consistently in a couple of spots on my way home if I'm in the left lane, but BC will not drop if I'm in the center or right lane. But going the other way it seems fine in those same spots.
The marked one
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise map enhancements. 1688057907758

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I don’t know for sure, but I don’t believe Ford crowd sources any data.
That is exactly what my question is. Are they enhancing the feature? And if yes then how do they collect all the bugs and issues for future enhancements.
Sponsored