Blue Cruise offer

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I have no idea how people are seriously contemplating spending $800/year for this. Level 2 ADAS isn’t worth anything close to that price. Level 3? Maybe.
I was under the impression that this is for 2021 job 1 cars that are getting an offer for 3 years at $600 ($200 per year). Huge difference there. Now, if I misunderstood this thread and it's also for the others at $800 per year, then my bad, scroll on by.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the info. We will renew now that it appears 1.3 is finally rolling out to our Job 1 cars. We got 6.2.1 last night and though we didn't have plans to take the Mach-E on a road trip this weekend I think I will with hopes more updates will roll in :)
My settings haven't been sticking and I've been checking every few days. 6.2.1 is downloading for me now. 🤞

stephywephy88

First Name
Stephywephy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I had pre-collision assist error from April 2022-October 2023 therefore only got to try out BlueCruise last month. Kind of bummed I didn’t get to try it out more.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Without proof -- ie, 1.3 on my mustang -- that it handles interstate on/off ramps without disengaging, even $200/year is a hard pass.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
I have 2021 Job2, did not receive the email.

I am willing to pay up to $1 per 100 BC miles driven on enabled freeway routes, which would not justify a $600/3 year cost for me, if it were offered.
Imagine, driving with the per mile option and you get:
“Take control now” with the red icon and sound
“Place hands on steering wheel”
“Please insert card or tap payment device”
“Tip: 18%, 25%, 30%”
“Thank you!”

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Too many promised updates showing up months late or not at all.... remember the email about 1.3 being just around the corner? Well, It's December and I still don't have it. Ford's promises have become a running joke on this forum...."coming soon". Was really hoping to try 1.3, but I guess I never will because 1.2 is not worth $200 a year to me and there's no believable timeline for when I'll get 1.3 .....$800 a year is laughable.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Not only did I get the email, I got two of them two minutes apart. Unfortunately, the second one was identical to the first. I was hoping that after two minutes of me not signing up when I got the first one, they panicked and the second one was going to have a discounted offer 🤣
With rapidly rising inflation it is technically a lower offer

jpiazza67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium x
Country flag
I also got the email today. While 3 years at $600 is a much better deal that $800/year, it just isn't worth it to me.
I know. I got the offer today and feel the same way. I keep a finger on the wheel when it’s “hands free”, at least on road curves anyway….I don’t see how that is much better than what comes with the car at no cost, keeping hands on the wheel while it’s in control. I keep a few fingers on the wheel in that mode. They are almost the same driving experience. I kind of feel like paying for BC would be like taking my hard earned cash and yelling COOOL while lighting it on fire. But hey, that 10 inch screen looks really cool all blue too.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Imagine, driving with the per mile option and you get:
“Take control now” with the red icon and sound
“Place hands on steering wheel”
“Please insert card or tap payment device”
“Tip: 18%, 25%, 30%”
“Thank you!”
Stop doing their design work for them. This will be one update that will not be late or unable to complete. 😜