Blue Cruise offer

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm still hypothesizing that this whole $800/yr fiasco is just to make it seem like it's a fantastic deal when they switch back to $600 for 3 years. It's working so far since nobody is complaining about the old price anymore.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I'm still hypothesizing that this whole $800/yr fiasco is just to make it seem like it's a fantastic deal when they switch back to $600 for 3 years. It's working so far since nobody is complaining about the old price anymore.
Yup. I totally agree.

echeck

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Country flag
I may be a minority here, and I know that the thread is about pricing. But I have literally used the BlueCruise once or twice just for novelty, and never felt the need to or want to use it again. Ever. If they take it away, I wouldnā€™t even notice it. It is honestly only somewhat useful, mainly on straight roads in its current version IMHO. Isnā€™t the car a sheer pleasure to drive manually?

For long trips on highways, the adaptive cruise control with lane keeping assistance was more than enough to reduce the driving fatigue.

With all due respect, I genuinely donā€™t understand the obsession / fascination with signing ourselves for autonomous driving beta testing on real roads. And paying for it. Most cars are overpromising and underperforming in this regard, arenā€™t they? Why is everyone running behind this? To be able to check texts and reels while driving? I am genuinely curious.

Same was the case when I had the Tesla, just the basic adaptive cruise control was more than enough (well, even that didnā€™t work well with all the phantom braking events, so I ended up almost never using it) with lane departure assistance, which I did use. And my friends are wanting to buy their first Tesla with $15k FSD as if itā€™s the best thing since sliced bread.

Is BlueCruise 1.3 really that groundbreaking for daily driving that it is worth subscribing to and enrich Fordā€™s neural network on our dime? :)
Everyone has their own preferences. I love BC. Iā€™ve gone on two 500+ mile roadtrips and both times BC made the drives SOOO much better. I couldnā€™t care less about my phone, but what I do absolutely love is having the ability to actually take in the scenery around me while Iā€™m driving. And not having to bother nudging the steering wheel every five seconds.

I also use BC for half of my hour long commute each way three days a week. It makes sitting in traffic a little more bearable.

Also, while you can opt in to providing additional data to Ford, drivers arenā€™t beta testing anything. Ford tests this BEFORE releasing it. Tesla is who costs peopleā€™s lives to beta test software.

That all being said, thereā€™s no way I will ever pay $800/yr for BC in its current state. Ford better drop the price dramatically, or increase the features dramatically. Iā€™m good until 2026, so hopefully Ford figures it out by then.

Although at this rate we may not even have 3.1 by 2026. šŸ˜…

Haydn12

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've used BC while on trips although my wife uses it the most for driving to work. I prefer HDA2 in my Ioniq 6 even though it isn't hands free although you can take your hand off for a minute here and there. The main thing with HDA is I can look at the scenery for longer than BC without it prompting me to look at the road after a few seconds. That prompting gets irritating after awhile.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Just a clarification -- this was mentioned earlier in the thread (or another thread). The subscription transfers to the new owner of the vehicle. In theory, you extract your remaining subscription in resale value.
Correctā€¦.by ā€not transferā€ it means you canā€˜t transfer the subscription to your next vehicle.

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Job 1 2021 here, I also got the offer in Canada and am stuck on 6.1.0. If I pay to extend my BlueCruise, does that mean I will suddenly get all these new updates after 6.1.0?
For info - Job 1 2021 Premium Ext Range. Just got 6.2.1 a few days ago. I see nothing in the update description that has made its way into my vehicle, even with a successful update. Example - no record feedback button ... I now have feedback on your lack of feedback button Ford!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
For info - Job 1 2021 Premium Ext Range. Just got 6.2.1 a few days ago. I see nothing in the update description that has made its way into my vehicle, even with a successful update. Example - no record feedback button ... I now have feedback on your lack of feedback button Ford!
You should see record feedback in either settings > general (pre-6.2) or in the apps tray (6.2.1).

If it's still in the old location, maybe your software updated but hasn't swapped over to the new update yet? Let it sit, off for an hour or two and recheck?

Shikkins

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E RWD ext
Country flag
After reading through this thread I think my local dealer made a pricey mistake on their part. I took in my car (21 rwd extended job 1) last week to install some missing modules to hopefully start receiving OTA updates, car is still on 4.2.

I explained to them that I was still on BC 1.1 and was hoping the missing modules would help in getting 1.2 at least at some point.

My trial was set to expire next month, but after reviewing the dealership paperwork, they had listed that my BC was not functional (its fully functional), they said they installed the missing control module updates. When I checked my BC status, it seems they added an additional 3 trial years at no cost to me.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise offer Screenshot_20231204_165942_FordPass

kennan

First Name
Kennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Select AWD
Country flag
I might be interested depending on how good 1.3 is (indeed, if it ever actually rolls out to me...). On the other hand, it so far has disengaged telling me to watch the road every time I take a sip of coffee, so no big loss in its current state.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Why is my 2021 1st Edition BC offer $100/month or $750/3years?

any orher Canadianā€™s getting same offer? Is this a currency thing?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise offer Screenshot_20231204_165942_FordPass
I cant even enter a Canadian address in and cant renew. Ford can't even get this working.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Actually, Connected Navigation and BlueCruise are both functional; I haven't subscribed to either.
Itā€™s still a subscription, if you go into connected services it will show your expiration date. Same with connected Nav, its included for free for now But also has an expiration date.

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Country flag
Hmmmm, Connected Navā€¦ so does that mean the built in Navigation will expire at some time?

And then Nav will become a subscription?

I suppose Iā€™ll just use the Apple Map service through my iphone and Carplay.
I am really not a fan of subscription to enable your vehicles built in functionalityā€¦ unless its a drop dead optional feature.
Sponsored