BlueCruise - It comes and goes

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I regularly drive the same part of a very big Interstate. For weeks, BlueCruise was regularly available and I used it somewhat frequently. Last week, same road, same car, same controls - BlueCruise never showed up as available, I could not for the life of me get it to work once during six or eight 20-mile trips up and down the Interstate.

Then, yesterday, I tried to figure out the problem. Checked FordPass and was told that software was up to date, so that wasn't the problem. I checked all the settings, they seemed fine, and I changed nothing. But the next time on the road, BlueCruise showed up as available and worked same as it had previously.

Any ideas? Is the Mustang just temperamental? Just another example of all Ford software being unreliable?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Did you maybe hit the button on the steering wheel to turn it off?

Were you in the middle of an update?

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
No, none of those things. Multiple long trips in both directions. Every sun angle. I pressed that damn button so many times... No notification of any update.

Thanks

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
Was it at a different time of day? If there is sun glare, dirty camera, etc and it can't see the road/lane markers, then no BC
agreed. If sun is bad enough that I need to pull down the visor even with sunglasses on, BC will start freaking out.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Was lane centering working at all? Next time try to turn on just lane centering without ACC and see if it works. Iā€™ve had a weird thing where it told me ā€œLane Centering not availableā€ for one trip and itā€™s worked fine w we since. It might be a thing with the hardware or temporary bug.

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Was lane centering working at all? Next time try to turn on just lane centering without ACC and see if it works.
I don't think I've ever touched the lane centering button.

While BlueCruise was MIA, I did sometimes see a single, blue semicircle in front of the car icon on the display. I never got the full blue circle and cloud surrounding the car that indicate BC is operative.

I have not yet found the explanation of the blue semicircle. Is that related somehow?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I don't think I've ever touched the lane centering button.

While BlueCruise was MIA, I did sometimes see a single, blue semicircle in front of the car icon on the display. I never got the full blue circle and cloud surrounding the car that indicate BC is operative.

I have not yet found the explanation of the blue semicircle. Is that related somehow?
That means you had the adaptive cruise on and lane keeping off. No BlueCruise if lane keeping is off.

If lane keeping was on without BlueCruise (just regular cruise) you would see that blue line all the way around the car icon. Or just two lines along side of the car if lane keeping was on without cruise.

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
That means you had the adaptive cruise on and lane keeping off. No BlueCruise if lane keeping is off.

If lane keeping was on without BlueCruise (just regular cruise) you would see that blue line all the way around the car icon. Or just two lines along side of the car if lane keeping was on without cruise.
Thanks, that would explain why the semicircle was present part of the time - I tried all combinations repeatedly to get BC working. For a week, nothing worked to activate BlueCruise and it never showed as Available. Now, it works again.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Let us. Know thanks

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Your car wouldnā€™t happen to be really dirty? Obscured cameras?