Buying process frustration

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
On the bright side, maybe ... there is an option on your account on the Ford site, where you can actually start the purchase under Ford Options. After you select the terms for term and mileage, it can find out what Ford discounts apply, you put in any additional down payment (where I added in the rebate) and get an estimate for your trade, and it puts out a summary of the overall deal. You can have the system run your credit report and actually apply for the financing there, or apply other financing options, and I think basically get about 90% complete on the deal, leaving just a test drive, verification of the info you put into the site, and sign. It's a little clunky, but nowhere near the frustration of interacting with that finance guy.

My status is that I went through this tool up to the point of running my credit because I still want to test drive before I let that happen. I had the system email the dealer with the details of the deal that was worked up, so I'm hoping it will make them take a more serious look at the financing tool. That said, the sales guy has been radio silent after giving him more information about the Oregon rebate and the Ford Options details. Either way, I'm going to make the decision to buy or give up the order altogether by tomorrow.
The online purchase option is live for you?
Sponsored

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Ford Credit dealer rep is on top of this request. Sounds like the Sales Manager at the dealer has what they need now.
Oh you might have made a big mistake. It sounds like you have a pipeline to actual information or at least those that know where to find it. That’s a rare commodity.

Last edited:

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Oh you might have made a big mistake. It sounds like you have a pipeline to actual information or at lease those that know where to find it. That’s a rare commodity.
He works for Ford, Credit I believe...check out his many posts and threads. One of the most respected and insightful guys on this forum.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
He works for Ford, Credit I believe...check out his many posts and threads. One of the most respected and insightful guys on this forum.
Good to know. Unfortunately my issues aren’t credit related. I have a paid-in-full receipt but no car, no dates, nothing else. My salesman has one answer to every question “I don’t know”.

Ford could make a lot of customers happy if there were a few more like him on these forums.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Good to know. Unfortunately my issues aren’t credit related. I have a paid-in-full receipt but no car, no dates, nothing else. My salesman has one answer to every question “I don’t know”.

Ford could make a lot of customers happy if there were a few more like him on these forums.
You paid for a car they didn’t have?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
This should be expected, not to be confused with impressed by! Our Cars aren't even 1% of a dealers annual transactions, especially us first year deliveries. If it was my dealership, i would want them to up on Ford Options, but not at the expense of my other 99% transactions.

At the advice of this Forum, I sent the instructions for Ford Options to my dealers salesman with instructions to share with Finance. The finance person actually played around with it the morning we were taking delivery on March 8th. He had delivered one already but they paid cash, so he did some dummy transactions to at least give him some familiarity.

The members of this forum are focused on one vehicle; a dealership has to focus on all of them. They have a lot of employees, their families, vendors, etc.; to provide for.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag

Huh...you paid for the car in full before it arrived?

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Huh...you paid for the car in full before it arrived?
Yes, that seems nuts.

Since I got my first car at 16, I have always started saving for my next car immediately after my current purchase. (Yes, I am weirdly disciplined financially.). Thus I always pay cash.

I have purchased several vehicles from this dealership. This is the second from this salesman. They know I won’t tolerate sales BS so they keep things simple. So do I.

I never anticipated the mess Ford would make of the MME rollout. I don’t think they did either.

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Going through this now. Finance guy tried to tell me he would set me up with a Ford+ financing. I told him I wanted the Ford Options. He admitted he hadn’t done one before and tried to get me to do regular financing. We’ve been back and forth a few times. I just emailed him a printout from the Ford “order a Mach-E” website with the numbers I want to use. I included final price and down payment I wanted, and total financed. I told him I would pay the tax, title, registration, etc separately beyond my down payment.
We’ll see if he gets it right this time.
Good luck!

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
The online purchase option is live for you?
I'm going to say it seemed to be, because it looked like it would let me go through all the steps.

But since I stopped at having my credit run and had the info sent to the dealer to complete the deal, I haven't gone back to see if it will let me continue with purchase completely online.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Yes, that seems nuts.

Since I got my first car at 16, I have always started saving for my next car immediately after my current purchase. (Yes, I am weirdly disciplined financially.). Thus I always pay cash.

I have purchased several vehicles from this dealership. This is the second from this salesman. They know I won’t tolerate sales BS so they keep things simple. So do I.

I never anticipated the mess Ford would make of the MME rollout. I don’t think they did either.
When did you order it?

They should be able to provide you with a order preview sheet from Ford showing you that it is actually ordered.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When did you order it?

They should be able to provide you with a order preview sheet from Ford showing you that it is actually ordered.
1/21

The order shows up at Ford.com. Would this “preview” provide additional information? Perhaps I’m being gullible but I trust this salesman. He has nothing to gain by deceiving me but much by keeping me happy.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
This should be expected, not to be confused with impressed by! Our Cars aren't even 1% of a dealers annual transactions, especially us first year deliveries. If it was my dealership, i would want them to up on Ford Options, but not at the expense of my other 99% transactions.

At the advice of this Forum, I sent the instructions for Ford Options to my dealers salesman with instructions to share with Finance. The finance person actually played around with it the morning we were taking delivery on March 8th. He had delivered one already but they paid cash, so he did some dummy transactions to at least give him some familiarity.

The members of this forum are focused on one vehicle; a dealership has to focus on all of them. They have a lot of employees, their families, vendors, etc.; to provide for.
Bah. Based on my own experience and what I have read here, I feel that if the dealer makes it a priority, they can and will figure Options out. I told my dealer I wanted to use Options, I was their first delivery so they had to do their research. They sent me a summary of every part of the transaction, including Options, via email before I set foot in the dealership. I found one thing to be corrected, the revised numbers at delivery were within cents of my own estimates.

If the dealer's employees are lazy and/or inattentive, they may let it slide and then scramble when you challenge them at delivery. They may also be deliberately obtuse in an attempt to make more $ on the financing.

Every business has other/bigger customers and various issues - basic (good) customer service means that those problems should not unduly affect any given customer. If I am dropping 50-60K at a Ford dealer and want to use Ford Options, which is a Ford product, supported by Ford Credit, I should not have to teach ANY dealer how to use this product. It's literally the finance guy's job.

Again, this is a priority thing. If they want to, they will do the work and be prepared, especially when informed up front that Options financing is desired. We know what happens when they do not make it a priority......

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
1/21

The order shows up at Ford.com. Would this “preview” provide additional information? Perhaps I’m being gullible but I trust this salesman. He has nothing to gain by deceiving me but much by keeping me happy.
If it shows up on Ford.com, then they placed the order. At this time they probably don't have a build date. I placed my order on 11/7 and I got a build date of May 10 about 2 weeks ago. It is not a perfect first in first out with orders and build dates, but it is still somewhat early in the process for your order.

Moogly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Hello. I ordered my Mach e in July 2020. Been reading the forums and watching tons of YouTube’s on the car. So with all this knowledge I was expecting a smooth process buying the vehicle when it arrived at my dealer. (March 10) according to the Ford app.
I heard from my dealer 3 days later and set up an appointment the next week to go over the numbers. I am flabbergasted to say that I am writing this days later still without a car! I guess I was expecting some fanfare or knowledge about this car since it is the future of automobiles and a big step for Ford.
My salesperson/dealer had almost zero knowledge of the financing of this car. I was offered a traditional loan and a Red Carpet lease. I asked about the “balloon” option and he had no ideA. I took his figures and left with the credit app in hand.
Later that day I texted him a pic of the Dealer Bulletin from Ford credit about the Ford Mustang Mach e financing options. His response was “I will look into this and get back tomorrow”. I’m still waiting !
As I said, I’m flabbergasted and shocked at the lack of preparedness, education and “fanfare” from this dealership and I guess Ford for the total disregard for this new and innovative vehicle.
Has anyone else had a similar experience and what is your advise. I feel like calling a Ford rep to complain. I know management at the dealer won’t be any help because they too are obviously in the dark too. I’m in New York, Long Island.
Also be ready for the servicing frustration just in case you car needs service. None of the Ford dealers have been trained yet and they are totally clueless. I have not been able to charge my car at 240v and dealer has no Idea what to do. They don't even care to provide any direction on this problem. Ford has created a great car but they are going to kill it because of their dealer network.
Sponsored