Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I have to drive through a couple of towns where there are some dense skunk-smelling or even trash-smelling areas of stinky weed. Just permeates the landscape, always there. If I don’t hit the recirculate button before I hit those spots, I sure end up reaching for it after driving through! And there is one stretch where the Ford auto-switch-to-full-external-air does that just to make sure I enjoy the awful smell every morning.

I will definitely be looking into the KN or the PureFlow to see how much they can cut down on the stench.
Sponsored

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
He didn't close the tabs back after shutting the filter door.

I am about to change my air filter now.

Edit: NVM it locks back.

After 11k mi this is what mine looks like.

PXL_20230131_011846876.jpg

I wish I took photos of the air filter of my other car during-after the wildfires of CA in the Bay. It was like Mars out here with no 4 tittied lady.

Last edited:

smoke20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Occupation
Electrical engineer
Country flag
K&N states they do not have a cabin air filter for the 2023 MME. Im surprised that something would have changed between 2021 and 2023....with respect to the air filtration when Ford had so many bigger fish to fry.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
K&N states they do not have a cabin air filter for the 2023 MME. Im surprised that something would have changed between 2021 and 2023....with respect to the air filtration when Ford had so many bigger fish to fry.
Agreed that it’s weird that Ford would change something so inconsequential unless there’s something seriously inferior about the part they chose for the 2021 and 2022. 🤷‍♂️🐩

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I guess the prevailing opinion is to get the K&N filter. I didn’t realize that the standard filter was so expensive.
Word on the street is that it gets rid of that 5 second thing......

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hey guys I’m on the pureflow website and for our car there are is two types. One of them being the Hepa version. Is there a difference between the two?

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Hey guys I’m on the pureflow website and for our car there are is two types. One of them being the Hepa version. Is there a difference between the two?

I got the blue (box) one I checked on Amazon. They show the the Hepa Filter one too. It's more expensive. If you have allergies, respiratory ailments, etc. The Hepa should be your choice

The blue pureflow box-filter looks exactly the same as OEM Motorcraft one.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
HEPA has better filtration for smaller particulates, but may also noticeably restrict airflow. There isn't much info about the HEPA one on their website, I assume it is the same as their other one, still having charcoal, etc. but the filter is upgraded to a HEPA one. I'd probably go with the normal one as the charcoal does seem to really help smells entering the cabin and there isn't a way to confirm the HEPA one does have it, unless you contact them and see.

sborsch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME; 2020 Lexus NX300 Hybrid
Occupation
I.T. Consultant
Country flag
Just bought two of these Pureflow HEPA filters (so I can change at least every six months as recommended). For anyone interested in more detail about the Pureflow HEPA filter, there is a decent FAQ answer on their website: WHAT MAKES HEPA CABIN AIR FILTERS DIFFERENT?

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
It looks like the 2021 is unique from the 2022+ models. I would expect the 2022, 2023 to be the same, but I expected the 2021 to also be the same As the 2022,2023.
Sponsored