curiousurick

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Infinite Blue
Country flag
I read this post yesterday morning and thought to myself, “that sucks for him. Oh and he’s in Seattle, too!” And literally the same thing happened to me. The rolling sound happened, too. Though, it stopped after about a mile. I’m already waiting for Ford corporate to approve the rear brake pad repair because of a manufacturing defect that causes it to creak when I stop and go, now the parking brake is problematic!
Sponsored

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Yes, that's exactly what it is, so I really don't think you have to continue looking for a cause. Bring it in to the dealer and give them the TSB number referenced earlier in this thread. It's a known issue.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...rakes-brake-pad-material-stuck-to-rotor.8971/
Do they only replace the brakes on the wheels with the issue currently, or do they replace the brakes on all 4 wheels for this TSB? I have noticed lately that there seems to be a piece of pad stuck on the rotor, when going slowly with the brakes on I feel it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Do they only replace the brakes on the wheels with the issue currently, or do they replace the brakes on all 4 wheels for this TSB? I have noticed lately that there seems to be a piece of pad stuck on the rotor, when going slowly with the brakes on I feel it.
The TSB is for the fronts.

Marcho

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previous, Maserati Granturismo. MV Brutale RR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ditto. I used to also have this on my Granturismo if garaged after washing. When the same happened on my MME I did what I did with the Mas' just drive round the block dab the brakes a couple of times to warm/dry the pads. It's always fine then. When I first had that clicking sound on the MME I braked 'firmly' and it went away.
Hope that helps.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Yesterday morning when I started moving the brakes released with a loud bang, now I seem to have a good size chunk of brake pad stuck to my rotor. I hear it constantly, when I step hard on the brakes it thumps quite a bit. Hopefully I can get it in for the TSB soon.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Yesterday morning when I started moving the brakes released with a loud bang, now I seem to have a good size chunk of brake pad stuck to my rotor. I hear it constantly, when I step hard on the brakes it thumps quite a bit. Hopefully I can get it in for the TSB soon.
Wonder if the rotor went out of round?

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
It's not the parking brake doing it. My FE had this happen anytime it was wet, and I never had the parking brake set in the garage, and It didn't engage on its own either.
I get this too and have had both banging on moving from garage and also clicking noise once driving. Braking over about 3/4 of a mile seemed to sort it out.

It seems to happen after I wash it, but I rarely use the parking brake. I accept it may be water related, but very odd to hear the noise from the front end.

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE AWD XR (Man 8/25/2022 Del 10/25/2022)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I read an article this morning on the 2022 MME I thought it mentiined that parking thing was changing in the new 22 model somehow. I need to find that. Grrrr.
Let me know if you find the article - would like to read! Thanks.

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I always use the parking brake, even in my garage, the pads might stick a little after a wash but never that bad, just very slight pressure on the pedal and the auto hold releases, no loud noise.
I have never heard of brake pads sticking to the rotors. How can that be?

WI Mach e Fan

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford F-150
Country flag
Hey all,
so pulling out of my garage today, it seems that in reverse, the brakes didn’t fully disengage? I could feel resistance so I started recording. Backing up there is a loud bang and the car starts moving. This is the second time this has happened.
After this time, now there is a rhythmic clacking noise as I’m driving. Anyone else have a similar experience? Is this that break debris issue that is known? Making an appt at the dealer but can’t get in for a week.

Hey all,
so pulling out of my garage today, it seems that in reverse, the brakes didn’t fully disengage? I could feel resistance so I started recording. Backing up there is a loud bang and the car starts moving. This is the second time this has happened.
After this time, now there is a rhythmic clacking noise as I’m driving. Anyone else have a similar experience? Is this that break debris issue that is known? Making an appt at the dealer but can’t get in for a week.

Hey all,

For sure get that to the dealer. No denying something is wrong there. Whats wrong? Dont have a clue. Good luck. Keep us posted. ?
There is a TBS to correct this issue. New pads and rotors turned enough to clean the part of the pad that is stuck on the rotor. I had this issue with my Mache. Happened after driving it on wet roads and it sat for 10 days before I drove it again. Acted the same as yours.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Let me know if you find the article - would like to read! Thanks.
Just go back to the third page here. Posted part of the Ford engineer talking about the parking "pawl".

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Keithp

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf SV
Occupation
QA tech
Country flag
Hey all,