Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I asked them to update all modules yesterday, they claimed they did. Guessing they didn’t but trying to understand what exactly they did in those notes was rough. Case manager hasn’t responded to me yet. When I got home to charge the car the same behavior continued so it looks like I’m going to be living with it until they come up with a fix.
They updated the HVAC module but that's it. They did not update the charger/powertrain modules. Hopefully you can get your case manager to direct them to update those modules. Not sure if the current version is a fix, but I haven't had any charging problems the current software version other than a lack of battery temp management. I feel like it's better than doing nothing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Melancholy1980

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD Ice White
Country flag
You said earlier that the car was working, but now also "the same behavior continued."

What behavior? Are you able to charge it?
Yes, the car charges but it still starts/stops charging repeatedly in the beginning sometimes for up to 20 minutes before it maintains a 40amp charge. That issue can sometimes result in a charge fault.

Reactions: SWO
OP
OP
Melancholy1980

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They updated the HVAC module but that's it. They did not update the charger/powertrain modules. Hopefully you can get your case manager to direct them to update those modules. Not sure if the current version is a fix, but I haven't had any charging problems the current software version other than a lack of battery temp management. I feel like it's better than doing nothing.
Of all things to update they update the HVAC module LOL. I have no words for that decision. Looks like I will have to try and get them to do what was asked.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Of all things to update they update the HVAC module LOL. I have no words for that decision. Looks like I will have to try and get them to do what was asked.
They did HVAC because there was an outstanding customer satisfaction program for it (22B28).

Mark-E

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Chemical engineer
Country flag
The message at 02:29 about some sort of electrical drain explains it. Your 12V battery is discharged. When the 12V gets low, the alarm can trigger, along with a bunch of other weird behaviors. If you have access to another 12V battery and jumper cables, you can get the frunk open so that you can then charge the 12V battery. There is an access panel on the front bumper with the emergency frunk release leads. Just apply 12V to them and the frunk should open.😊🐩

Once you are able to get enough charge into the 12V, you can get the car in Neutral so you can get it towed. But first see if you can get it to start. If so, drive it straight to your dealer for diagnosis. 🤔🐩
This is very close to a problem I had, got it open as described & drove it to the dealer. They replaced the 12V battery. It occurred shortly after a software update in January.

OP
OP
Melancholy1980

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What‘s interesting is the issues that I was having with Ford Pass are now gone. I was unable to get the departure time changes to stick in the app. I would change the departure time and it often would require multiple attempts to get it to stick or for me to do it directly in the vehicle. I also stopped receiving app notifications for a while. After the car was at the dealership I now receive all notifications and the departure time changes stick. I know some others have these issues with Ford Pass so I wanted to mention it here…maybe it requires a complete reboot of the car to fix?

OP
OP
Melancholy1980

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They did HVAC because there was an outstanding customer satisfaction program for it (22B28).
I supposedly had that fixed OTA, so not sure why that would need to occur again after that? I definitely remember getting a Power Up that addressed that issue.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
What‘s interesting is the issues that I was having with Ford Pass are now gone. I was unable to get the departure time changes to stick in the app. I would change the departure time and it often would require multiple attempts to get it to stick or for me to do it directly in the vehicle. I also stopped receiving app notifications for a while. After the car was at the dealership I now receive all notifications and the departure time changes stick. I know some others have these issues with Ford Pass so I wanted to mention it here…maybe it requires a complete reboot of the car to fix?
Yes, that's not normal and should have been addressed sooner. Anyone experiencing these sort of issues with the car not communicating should consider doing a 12V reset (lift neg battery terminal). If your car is that screwed up, you could experience charging faults or worse. It could also be an improved result of recent app and server updates.

I supposedly had that fixed OTA, so not sure why that would need to occur again after that? I definitely remember getting a Power Up that addressed that issue.
There was a newer HVAC revision released about a month ago to better address fogging.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, the car charges but it still starts/stops charging repeatedly in the beginning sometimes for up to 20 minutes before it maintains a 40amp charge. That issue can sometimes result in a charge fault.
This may be a “dumb” suggestion but have you tried reducing your EVSE to 32 amps? I have seen other posters who have had issues at 40 amps but their cars charged fine a 32. It was still a problem with their car but at least it eliminated the charge error. Might not apply in your case - just a thought.

OP
OP
Melancholy1980

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This may be a “dumb” suggestion but have you tried reducing your EVSE to 32 amps? I have seen other posters who have had issues at 40 amps but their cars charged fine a 32. It was still a problem with their car but at least it eliminated the charge error. Might not apply in your case - just a thought.
If I change it to 16 amps it works flawlessly. Anything above 16 amps causes the issue to occur and is replicated on any EVSE. When I monitor the flow in the EVSE app, crossing the 24 amp threshold is where it freaks out. I have experienced this at public chargers, friends houses, etc. so it is definitely the vehicle that is causing the issue. It is a random issue that occurs sometimes and not every time but some things that seem to bring it on include not plugging it in for a few days or cold weather.

OP
OP
Melancholy1980

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, that's not normal and should have been addressed sooner. Anyone experiencing these sort of issues with the car not communicating should consider doing a 12V reset (lift neg battery terminal). If your car is that screwed up, you could experience charging faults or worse. It could also be an improved result of recent app and server updates.

There was a newer HVAC revision released about a month ago to better address fogging.
The app was able to open the doors, trunk, etc. and able to communicate for most other functions. It seemed like a partial miscommunication issue which had me scratching my head. I also was getting a partial communication error in the vehicle tab for a while that has now seemed to disappear. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Melancholy1980

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So you provided the utility with access to your FordPass account, which they then used to ping it? Or, did you install an OBD adapter from them?

You get free roadside assistance for 5 years. They cannot charge you. @Ford Motor Company, why does this kind of bulls@it response keep happening from Ford Roadside Assistance?
In case anyone is wondering, you have to submit a claim via snail mail or fax to get reimbursed for this charge. For such an advanced vehicle these types of archaic procedures just to get your warranty honored seems absurd. When I asked if this was standard procedure for roadside in general I was informed with an affirmative. They apparently really make you work for your own $95. The amount of time that I have to put into this for my own money is disappointing.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If I change it to 16 amps it works flawlessly. Anything above 16 amps causes the issue to occur and is replicated on any EVSE. When I monitor the flow in the EVSE app, crossing the 24 amp threshold is where it freaks out. I have experienced this at public chargers, friends houses, etc. so it is definitely the vehicle that is causing the issue. It is a random issue that occurs sometimes and not every time but some things that seem to bring it on include not plugging it in for a few days or cold weather.
I’m not saying this is the issue, but there was another thread where there were similar symptoms and the charge port was found to be defective. You should definitely have your dealer check out the charge port and on- and off-board charging modules. 🤔🐩

OP
OP
Melancholy1980

Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oddly a month later Ford emailed me just now saying that I had a power train alert. I checked FordPass and the actual car and I have no health alerts. I’m guessing at this point that it’s sending me this from the issue I had here almost a month ago now. Anyone ever experience these kinds if delays with these emails?

IMG_0372.png

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Not with respect to this issue but Ford occasionally sends me an email about a Ford GT I had put a reservation on then subsequently cancelled ~18 months ago.
Sponsored