Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I don’t trust Velcro to secure my dog crate, though. Cargo I can shove in the frunk. I need some real tie-down points. 🤪🐩
aha.
well, you might want to bolt/Rivnut in your own D-rings to the back of the seat, or the sides of the cargo area. The floor supports are a little flimsy, and the cargo floor is not fastened down in case of a rollover for instance.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
aha.
well, you might want to bolt/Rivnut in your own D-rings to the back of the seat, or the sides of the cargo area. The floor supports are a little flimsy, and the cargo floor is not fastened down in case of a rollover for instance.
I just want the factory tie-down they have in the EU, since there is a recess for it in the side panel. I had zero plans to lash my dog to a removable panel that’s going to not stay where it is in the event of a wreck or to the seat backs which don’t seem all that sound to me. 😕🐩

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I just want the factory tie-down they have in the EU, since there is a recess for it in the side panel. I had zero plans to lash my dog to a removable panel that’s going to not stay where it is in the event of a wreck or to the seat backs which don’t seem all that sound to me. 😕🐩

huh, so the EU gets cargo D-rings, a front tow hook, and 'blessed' rear hitch capability.... and we don't.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I hope once someone knows it, can posts the part number for this so we can add this back in the trunk area (the tie down loops missing).

Maybe if someone decides to open the covering and see what's behind it, take a picture to see what may fit to screw something back in.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I hope once someone knows it, can posts the part number for this so we can add this back in the trunk area (the tie down loops missing).

Maybe if someone decides to open the covering and see what's behind it, take a picture to see what may fit to screw something back in.
+1 here. Any of the Euro owners on the forum who can help? Even by asking your dealer for part numbers?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
huh, so the EU gets cargo D-rings, a front tow hook, and 'blessed' rear hitch capability.... and we don't.
Hi Dan,

I know you posted this a long time ago, but in case you've not seen it, I created a set of brackets/rings for either side of the front of cargo area/trunk. You can read about it here. (Apologies if you've already seen my post and/or interacted with it already.)

Here's the latest update for the project.

img_6849-jpeg-jpg.jpg

img_6870-jpeg.jpg

We're in the closing days of order taking. There have currently been orders placed for 22 bracket sets which means that with only three additional orders the price will drop from $90 per set (plus shipping) to $80 as we hit the next parts fabrication volume discount. Now's the time to get any last minute orders in - the order window closes on Monday 7/31.

I have sourced M8 square U bolts (as opposed to the original M6 versions). M8 are roughly four times as much metal as compared to M6 so they are substantially stronger. The OEM U bolts are ~M7 in size, so somewhere between the two. The M8 bolts will still fit just fine. I can see no downsizes other than that they're a bit more expensive.

Pricing
Since this is a limited production run, pricing is highly order volume dependent. As of 7/29, it looks like pricing will be as below.
Order VolumePrice*
15 - 19$100
20 - 24$90
25 - 29$80
30 - 34$75
35 - 39$70
40 - 54$65
55 - 74$60
75+$55
*All prices are before shipping costs. (I plan to ship via a Priority Mail Small Flat Rate box and the cost should be $8.55.)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, so all of the EU supply of the front cargo rings seems to have dried up (i was one of the lucky dogs that won the lottery on the few sets the group was able to source). @su-ch+mache did a bunch of digging and found who the contract manufacturer was for the parts, but they seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth through an acquisition. John did his own drawings, printed 3D samples, test fit, made mods, more samples, more test fits, and got pricing on the parts at various quantities. He also paid for a first article and test fit that. Kudos for John for thinking outside the box. 😊🐩

William Shaw

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mach e gt performance 2018 wrx
Country flag
The manual says there should be four anchor points, ut. I’ve has only two, and the dealer says the manual is wrong (uh, you wrote the manual!) anyone else have this problem?

91C33B9C-D57D-41B5-A1B4-C3D86B14D670.png

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
People need to look further. Weathertech sells them for $40. Amazon sells them for 1/2 that... https://amzn.to/3Eliwg4
Apples to oranges. The Amazon blocks aren't WeatherTech. They have very narrow bases unlike the Weather Tech blocks. You get what you pay for. The WeatherTech blocks at WeatherTech are $52.63 with shipping and tax. They are $52.62 on Amazon.
Sponsored