Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MACH-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This morning when I got into the MME everything appeared just fine, the car started perfect and I could see the camera as I backed out of the garage. When I went to put the car in drive I couldn’t help but to notice that the center display (above the console) was totally black and totally non-functional. The small display above the steering wheel was just fine. So I pulled back into the drive way and stopped and restarted the car, same result! I still had an errand to run so I drove away without the center display. Upon restarting the car after about 20 minutes of down time everything operated perfectly. Should I be prepared for a pending failure? And do you think that I should let my dealer in on this event. By the way I did not get any error notification on my pain in the ass PAAK!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
With car running, hold down the volume and right seek buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds. This will reboot the screen.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
With car running, hold down the volume and right seek buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds. This will reboot the screen.
Get used to doing this. The sync system will often need resets for some folks. Sometimes I have to reset mine several times in a single drive.

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
It often does this when parked in the sun, which is great because the A/C controls are on the screen.

Today I had to reset because CarPlay was playing audio, but no sound out of the speakers. Last week, similar issue but audio only out of the right-side speakers. Adjusting balance to left-side resulted in no audio, and audio when balance adjusted on the right side. Bizarre. Sync reset fixed it, maybe it told the DSP to start behaving.

Sharpydave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
This just happened to me today. Will try the reboot tomorrow. Thanks for the info.