MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
If you are a big guy please test drive model Y. The seats are uncomfortable for majority big ppl
I did. Tighter on the butt, but the shoulder/elbow room is way better. It’s a bit of a wash. Tie breaker goes to the Mach for resting of the right leg if you’re leggy like me. In the end both could do better but both could do worse.

OP
OP

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
I could be wrong, but I think OP is only looking at the MME standard range. Edmunds gives it 264 miles, but it also gives the Model Y LR 317 miles.
AWD vs RWD matters here. Because the Y-LR is AWD you have to put it up against the MachE AWD. That’s where the gap hits. You can compare the AWR-ER, but then the price gap widens.

OP
OP

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
The is no 360 camera on Tesla (for the driver), they took out the front of car sensors, the front cameras are at the top of the window, they don't show what a nose camera would show.
This I didn’t know. Thank you. Very surprising.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
I did. Tighter on the butt, but the shoulder/elbow room is way better. It’s a bit of a wash. Tie breaker goes to the Mach for resting of the right leg if you’re leggy like me. In the end both could do better but both could do worse.
You are 100% right about butt part - that's why I bought MME. I feel much better in Ford

OP
OP

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
I think Edmunds would say mach E has better range than the Y (and this test was done with the smaller ‘21 battery).

https://www.edmunds.com/amp/car-news/electric-car-range-and-consumption-epa-vs-edmunds.html

Where are you seeing the ‘22 selling below MSRP?
Go to whichever sales tool is biggest in your area, cars.com or autotrader or the like. It’s constantly changing. I found a ‘22 Select no C/T standard range RWD today for MSRP which was less than $45k. Louisiana I think? I’m sure they’ll try $1000 dealer fee and clear coat and yada yada because we are back in negotiation land. But we are back in negotiating land which is a huge deal. And they want to be rid of these. Especially the ‘22s, GTs, and spec’d our premiums at ‘23 prices. You can tell that the number of people abandoning theirs because of the IRS decision is already showing up. It’s only gonna get worse a week or two from now when the Tesla impact hits.

Everything you knew last week is now wrong. It’s nuts. I’m no macroeconomics genius but what’s happening in the car market has to be the beginning of some thing nationwide that’s bigger than the car market. Maybe peoples stimulus money, maybe the interest rates, maybe beginning of a recession, but this are massive swings in a short period of time.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
AWD vs RWD matters here. Because the Y-LR is AWD you have to put it up against the MachE AWD. That’s where the gap hits. You can compare the AWR-ER, but then the price gap widens.
Yup. My personal opinion is that the Model Y is hard to beat on value right now. You're getting 50+ miles more range at $4k cheaper. That 50+ miles is somewhat quantifiable because it's close to MME's added range with the extended range battery, which costs $8000. So your value difference based on specs is closer to $12,000 IMHO. The question is whether the things you like better about the MME are worth that.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was committed to the Mach-E. Its a better built car, more durable, MUCH quieter, I like CarPlay, I want a dash display, it fits me better up front at 6’4” with a big a**, and I don’t necessarily need mega range.
Let's be clear about this and folks need to drive other EVs - the Mach-E is not that quiet of an EV. There's too much wind and tire noise. It's pretty similar to a 2022/2023 Model Y.

Around Sept 2022 - I had a Mach-E GTPE, BMW i4, and Model YLR (Austin built - traded the MINI electric on a whim) in my garage. The BMW i4 is leaps quieter than the Mach-E and Model Y. If you want a quiet EV - pick an Ioniq 5, GV60, Lyriq, Ariya, or BMW iX.

A month later I realized I didn't care for the Model Y and dumped it for GC (which is a mistake because Jeeps are POS - but I need an ICE SUV). I made out alright since I traded in high before the Tesla prices collapsed.

OP
OP

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
There’s a guy who sound tests them all and the Mach was at the top. Not Audi but pretty damn good. Glad you ditched the Y when you did if you were going to. But on pure quantity of cars you’re in a different bracket than me.

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
There’s a guy who sound tests them all and the Mach was at the top. Not Audi but pretty damn good. Glad you ditched the Y when you did if you were going to. But on pure quantity of cars you’re in a different bracket than me.
please share the link. My MachE seems to have tons of tire and wind noise. I used an app on my phone and it measures 96db Z from the front driving seat. My Miata with an aftermarket exhaust and a soft top measures 92-93db which is worlds quieter!

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Nice comparisons. I would not go for 224 range. I had 247 range and it was barely enough in cold weather. All of MY priced lower than $55k are gone but the inventory gets replenished once in a while. Blue Mach E is a head turner!!! That is another plus for Mach E. Red MY with black wheels is also nice but it would not be qualified for the tax credit.

I have not yet traveled on a long road trip with ER AWD Mach E. I am a little nervous.

Last edited:

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
please share the link. My MachE seems to have tons of tire and wind noise. I used an app on my phone and it measures 96db Z from the front driving seat. My Miata with an aftermarket exhaust and a soft top measures 92-93db which is worlds quieter!
Definitely something wrong if your Mach-E is louder than your Miata.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Blue Mach E is a head turner!!! That is another plus for Mach E. Red MY with black wheels is also nice but it would not qualified for tax credit.
everywhere I go I get thumbs up across all age groups on my grabber blue GT.

OP
OP

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
Can’r find the leak to his excel spreadsheet. But a little googling should get you there. Here’s a YouTube he did when he tested the Mach-E in 2021. Sound is around 2:30.

https://insideevs.com/news/529374/ford-mache-errwd-quick-quiet/
Sponsored