Tesla vs Mach E

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think there is hope for peace in the EV world. :) On Nov 3 a guy posted pictures of A Mach-e he took at his local Ford dealer in the "Tesla Model Y" Facebook group. While there were obviously a few fanboy comments, the response was overwhelmingly positive with over 400 likes to date.

It is entirely possible to think your own car is great and prefer it over others, while still admiring other great cars. Trashing a competitor merely shows you are self conscious about your own choices. Admitting a competitor is great shows that you truly believe your own choice great enough to be an even better choice for you. This is one reason why Tesla fan boys are increasingly becoming less popular on Tesla forums.

EDITED TO ADD: I just looked at this and realized it came right after Kamuelaflyer's comment. I apologize if that makes it look like a response to his " I don't like Tesla's. I find their style rather boring. " comment. It is not. I don't consider stating disliking styling to be trashing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to each his own. Buying a car is and should be partially an emotional choice. Choosing not to buy a car because you don't like it's looks is about a good a reason as I've ever heard.
No offense was taken. The comments are about two very different issues.

I was simply pointing out that as someone who doesn't like Tesla's, that video review was suspect even by my predisposition. Your comments are entirely different and quite appropriate.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla . . . $10K for FSD with Smart Summon you can use now!

Also Tesla, but if Smart Summon wrecks your car, it's on YOU

https://kmph.com/news/local/mans-te...LngBkM2smVubpneivG7zs88m3IqgHBc73ghMlOlVSCOFw
“I really support the company a lot," said Alford, "This type of stuff intrigues me, I really like it but I just don’t like their response, I think they should be a little bit better about their customer service.”

"I don’t really want that on my insurance being that I wasn’t driving the car,"

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
tesla model 3 SR sold out for 2021, and some model y due to parts supply is expected to be sold out by the middle of September. Nissan also just had a major cut in production.

If you want any vehicle whatever brand gonna be a wait. With port problems in china, winter is not looking so good.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
As I ponder my first EV purchase and weigh the pros it consistently comes down to software vs hardware. Fords legacy car manufacturing experience should lead to a better constructed car with higher quality fit and finish. On the other hand, Tesla’s lead in software development is not be under estimated. Can Ford put out as polished product on the first go around? Also, the resale value of the Model 3 is compelling. On looks the Mach E wins hands down vs the MY, although the M3 is more attractive than the MY IMHO. Too bad Tesla didn’t make the M3 a hatch.
There are soooo many threads on this it isn’t funny.
Edmund just summed it up:
https://insideevs.com/features/525459/electric-crossover-comparison-mustang-mache/

GoodenoughIsGod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf
Country flag
Timely summary. I am sitting on a reservation for both the Mach E and the Model Y and need to make up my mind soon. This is helpful.

Mike Curtis

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2011 Honda Element AWD EX
Occupation
consultant and specialty camera operator
Country flag
I've had a Mach E for about 9 months. I like having CarPlay, not having the same car as everyone else (including my partner her has a '22 Model 3). I think the Mach E looks better. The pricing favored Ford when I made my purchase decision in early '22, but now heavily favors the Tesla. Also, if you can't charge at home, the charging situation is SO. MUCH. BETTER. for a Tesla. EA/Chargepoint often doesn't work, lists more chargers than you can actually plug into, often under-delivers on power when it does work, and are far less available, both in terms of finding one and finding one not occupied. If you road trip a lot or don't have your own dedicated place to charge, Tesla has a HUGE advantage here. Plus, it charges way faster than Mach E, too.

Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retiref
Country flag
Good summary.
For me, I want a vehicle that is designed and built by "car guys" vs one designed and built by a technology group.

I think both types have a place in the market.
In my opinion, Ford has a problem because their parts come from many manufactures, while Tesla builds their own parts.
The complexity of updating over the air with multiple vendors parts is daunting.
I believe Ford has admitted to this problem.
A simple example is Apple carplay. I doubt if Apple contacts Ford when they update their Iphone. The result may be it won't work in the MME.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford has a problem because their parts come from many manufactures, while Tesla builds their own parts.
Tesla builds some of their basic components, such as the electric motors, battery pack and charger. Even that, though, is misleading as Panasonic builds the batteries for Tesla at Tesla’s U.S. Gigafactory and sells them exclusively to Tesla (LG energy has a similar arrangement with Tesla at the Shanghai Gigafactory). Tesla does not, however, build all their parts. Parts are contracted from companies in North America, Europe, and Asia. There’s little reason to reinvent the wheel.

What you may be thinking about is the firmware/software for Ford’s modules. That, through 2023 anyway, is a contractual obligation of the module manufacturer. It’s one reason PowerUp development and deployment has taken so long. Mr. Farley has indicated that is due to change. We shall see.
Sponsored