HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
The only thing I'd argue in that chart is EAP and BlueCruise being similar. They're not. Autopilot and BlueCruise are. Also, lol, EAP and FSD are a scam. Dont bother.
Sponsored

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
UPDATE 1: In the past few days since this Tesla price drop and tax credit drama, as Iā€™ve been writing this comment on my phone from the line at drive thrus or other places where I have nothing to do, Iā€™m not only seeing MSRP all over, Iā€™m now seeing 2022s BELOW MSRP. Itā€™s a blood bath. Plenty of inventory now. Even people on this forum seeing a glut in California, where the economy is inflated and EVs are insanley populat. The tide is turning hard.

UPDATE 2: Looks like software is NOT included in the final price, so some of this software talk is irrelevant. That said, I would play it safe with the IRS and just buy the Tesla software upgrade after the fact as a different transaction.
Autopilot is all you need. Dont waste your money on EAP or FSD. WAIT until there is a huge quarterly push and EAP drops to like 2k or something. I cant guarantee it will happen but either way it is not worth 6k

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
MME vs Model Y feels kind meh to me. MME better exterior and interior. MY better charge network, range,(Maybe), PRICE!(For now) I am more interested in M3P. 3.1S 0-60, lowerer center of gravity. Where is the real electric mustang Ford? 4500 Lbs SUV does not corner good.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Yup. My personal opinion is that the Model Y is hard to beat on value right now. You're getting 50+ miles more range at $4k cheaper. That 50+ miles is somewhat quantifiable because it's close to MME's added range with the extended range battery, which costs $8000. So your value difference based on specs is closer to $12,000 IMHO. The question is whether the things you like better about the MME are worth that.
Yeah, but how much would it cost to swap out the sheet metal on the Model Y to get a decent looking vehicle! ;)

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
please share the link. My MachE seems to have tons of tire and wind noise. I used an app on my phone and it measures 96db Z from the front driving seat. My Miata with an aftermarket exhaust and a soft top measures 92-93db which is worlds quieter!
Either something is wrong with you MachE, or it is the GTPE tires. Our GT is nice and quiet.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yeah, but how much would it cost to swap out the sheet metal on the Model Y to get a decent looking vehicle! ;)
No argument here. There's a ton of subjective differences between the Y and the MME that are difficult to quantify, and some aspects of the Y are just non-starters for certain people (looks, "Musk" factor, no Carplay, no screen behind the wheel, etc).

But the $20k difference in comparable models sure does have a way of changing some people's minds :)

OP
OP

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
No argument here. There's a ton of subjective differences between the Y and the MME that are difficult to quantify, and some aspects of the Y are just non-starters for certain people (looks, "Musk" factor, no Carplay, no screen behind the wheel, etc).

But the $20k difference in comparable models sure does have a way of changing some people's minds :)
Present company included. If the extra $4k in the table (not chart, as someone pointed outā€¦ who is welcome to convert it to a chart I might add) was for an apples-to-apples MachE AWD EXTENDED RANGE thereā€™s no comparison. But now youā€™re putting the E at $12k over even with PCO. And thatā€™s just nuts.

Good thread though. Lots of food for thought.

Bodyshopguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT/2020 BMW 750iM/60 Vette/12 Wrangler
Occupation
Collision Center(s) Owner
Country flag
Mach-E Tesla Price Chart.png

THIS TABLE TAKES INTO ACCOUNT ALL TAXES AND TITLE WHERE I LIVE. DIFFERENT STATES HAVE DIFFERENT TAX RATES, USUALLY SOUTHERN STATES WITH NO INCOME TAX ARE HIGHER.

WHAT THIS TABLE MEANS TO ME:

I was committed to the Mach-E. Its a better built car, more durable, MUCH quieter, I like CarPlay, I want a dash display, it fits me better up front at 6ā€™4ā€ with a big a**, and I donā€™t necessarily need mega range.

The Tesla had plus sides too though. That awesome 3D feed of nearby cars, better software outside the CarPlay apps, better climate system, total cargo space, sentry mode.

I chose the Mach-E confidently and with certainty after comparing everything over a year ago.

And yet, with my perfectly specā€™d premium arriving soon, I am headed to Tesla with $250 to gamble on it arriving before the tax credit change. Hereā€™s whyā€¦

I revisited the comparison this month after dealing with Ford for over a year now and watching how the E and Y have fared in the wild. 224mi (if the weather is good) vs 303mi (period), points to Tesla. On resale value, people want Teslas and donā€™t know the Mach-E, which will be an even bigger problem as range increases and people mentally file away a 224mi range vehicle in a category with the Bolt/Leaf rather than the M-Y/Lightning. Software bugs are less of a problem with Tesla. Sentry mode is badass. And most of all, that supercharger network means I can actually use it for road trips. Not a huge thing for me, but maybe things will change with me at work and I will need it. I can swallow the ugly/bland look, even though I donā€™t want to.

I represent the wider marketā€™s reaction to Fordā€™s massive corporate failure.

First I was jerked around and lied to by dealers who either smacked $5k ADM on or claimed no ADM and then drew up papers with $5k in protective coating and ā€œfree oil changesā€ on a car that has no oil. Which I told them to stuff. (I even had to file a credit card complaint against them to get my deposit back.) Then I finally ordered the Mach-E in early ā€˜22. If they had made it in the time frame they estimated, I would have gotten the original credit and been overjoyed. Next came the ā€œprivate cash offerā€, which happened when the Mach-E didnā€™t make it in the ā€˜22 model year, and with that the debacle over the Comfort-Tech package being excluded. Could I get a Premium so I keep the terms of my original order and still have the PCO, or was I stuck with no heated seats and an extra $1900 for formerly included BlueCruise which would wipe out the PCO (which for weird corporate reasons they didnā€™t want to just call price protection). That took a month to sort that out, slowing my build date. Luckily, Ford had Union and corporate lobbyists working together so Iā€™d still get my tax break, right? Right??? How could you not know the Mach-E didnā€™t fit the pre-designated criteria for an SUV outlined by the agency the IRS historically relies on for vehicle classification? At this point this car that was built on the idea of competing with Tesla on price is now right up there with Tesla because Ford didnā€™t do their homework.

So I check out inventory after the news breaks. Because Iā€™m not alone in these issues, thereā€™s now plenty of Mach E inventory out there. Included in what is on the market are some ā€˜22s with small ADM Iā€™m pretty sure I could get close to MSRP (table above). So Mach-E is still a cheaper option, but itā€™s not for the car I want; the RWD and interior package on the base model under $55k are not my jam. And who knows, maybe if I ask for that one, Iā€™ll get the free oil change and clear coat treatment again making the very idea of one of those cheap ā€˜22s as much of a joke as the ā€œinventoryā€ Ford shows on their website that is aleady promised to other customers. (Another fail by Ford.)

And then, Tesla drops prices 20%. They clear the $55k hurdle. They are now WAY cheaper without the PCO andā€¦ wait for itā€¦ cheaper WITH THE PCO!!! Even with $6k cash in their favor, Ford loses. How does Ford respond? Crickets. Cadillac says they are lobbying for a fix. Farley just says a cryptic ā€œworking on itā€ on Twitter, which doesnā€™t give me any confidence. This effort by Ford does me no good with a car arriving in 1-2 weeks and a decision to be made.

At this point Iā€™m going ā€œYa know what, itā€™s been over a year now. And in order to buy this car I basically have to make the most-browsed tab on my browser a forum where people exchange rumors and tips on how to deal with this s***ty corporate communication system.ā€ Why do I want to be a part of this?

I told people how much better the Mach-E was and what a better buy. I was itā€™s biggest cheerleader. Iā€™m a big tall guy who has owned 2 mustangs as a kid and just liked the car better. Itā€™s better looking. It has real buttons. You had to TRY HARD to lose me as a customer. And yetā€¦ I am buying a Tesla.

Love or hate Elonā€™s politics, thereā€™s a corporate nimbleness to giving dictatorial power to an autistic genius. There was an interesting article a while back in the business press about how Teslaā€™s flashy marketing and ā€œstock price smoke-and-mirrorsā€ mask one of the most operationally efficient corporations on the planet. When their tax credit was set to expire under the old plan a few years back, they churned out units like meth-heads disassembling TV sets at gun point. They are currently shifting all production to under $55k models to flood the market. Based on past performance I like my odds of getting the M-Y by March. Would I put a massive chunk of cash on it, no. But I feel like itā€™s a coin flip Iā€™ll get my car. Compare that to Ford where the better analogy to getting the car on time is needing to roll snake eyes in order to match their suggested time frame. Tesla was worth a $250 coin flip.

If the Tesla doesnā€™t make it in time, to hell with the EV game. I donā€™t need to go 0-60 in less than 5 seconds often anyway. I can seriously get a 2 year old Porsche at these prices. I really think EVs are better cars. The circus surrounding them somehow managed to override their awesomeness.

FINAL NOTE: The folks at the dealership I ultimately settled on were great. Dealers really are dealer-by-dealer either great or awful. Maybe even salesman-to-salesman. And I got a good one. Sad I had to hop through 4 different jerk dealer doors to be treated well, but in the end I was. If youā€™re thinking about a Mach-E even after this comment, just go door to door until you get exactly what you want IN WRITING. The good ones are very ā€œMehā€ about giving you what you want. The terrible ones like to talk a lot and not print out paperwork.

I have a 2022 MME GT Performance Edition... it's black... it will look like the upcoming "Nite Pony" ... I might have to paint the GT wheels black and front grille gloss black or vinyl it. I love the Mach E... the range is fair... it's good trade for how fast is it... it's a rocket... Feels like the Superman ride at the entertainment park... As for Tesla, there current issue is... everyone is waiting the rebate program to reopen... So, Tesla is being forced to pony up a discount close enough to the 7500 savings... The MSRP on my 22 MME GT PE was 72K... the price stings... but, the car is super cool, sleek, comfortable and fast... I was given a rebate for 2750 plus the 7500 Fed rebate... I'll end up paying a little for 60K... which still stings... I think this car will last a long time... with very little cost... I charge it up at the shop... at no cost... I can't imagine that it'll need new Brembo pads with the regen any time soon... My advice, don't pay over sticker MSRP... Tesla is hard to get parts for... I have a Tesla 3 at the shop... it took two months to get a trunk lid... they have a huge parts distribution problem. If you've a second car... don't mind waiting for 2-3 months for repair... you'll be fine. Mach E parts are easy to get... within a couple days... Ford will prevail... My daily driver is a 750 M Sport... but, I think Ford will continue grow in the EV space.... The Mach E is remarkable... My window sticker and loan are attached... you can use for a gauge...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Chart: Mach-E vs Tesla New Prices 29706149-8d91-48c7-b5f0-782a0ff9dc6f

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Chart: Mach-E vs Tesla New Prices 29706149-8d91-48c7-b5f0-782a0ff9dc6f

THIS TABLE TAKES INTO ACCOUNT ALL TAXES AND TITLE WHERE I LIVE. DIFFERENT STATES HAVE DIFFERENT TAX RATES, USUALLY SOUTHERN STATES WITH NO INCOME TAX ARE HIGHER.

WHAT THIS TABLE MEANS TO ME:

I was committed to the Mach-E. Its a better built car, more durable, MUCH quieter, I like CarPlay, I want a dash display, it fits me better up front at 6ā€™4ā€ with a big a**, and I donā€™t necessarily need mega range.

The Tesla had plus sides too though. That awesome 3D feed of nearby cars, better software outside the CarPlay apps, better climate system, total cargo space, sentry mode.

I chose the Mach-E confidently and with certainty after comparing everything over a year ago.

And yet, with my perfectly specā€™d premium arriving soon, I am headed to Tesla with $250 to gamble on it arriving before the tax credit change. Hereā€™s whyā€¦

I revisited the comparison this month after dealing with Ford for over a year now and watching how the E and Y have fared in the wild. 224mi (if the weather is good) vs 303mi (period), points to Tesla. On resale value, people want Teslas and donā€™t know the Mach-E, which will be an even bigger problem as range increases and people mentally file away a 224mi range vehicle in a category with the Bolt/Leaf rather than the M-Y/Lightning. Software bugs are less of a problem with Tesla. Sentry mode is badass. And most of all, that supercharger network means I can actually use it for road trips. Not a huge thing for me, but maybe things will change with me at work and I will need it. I can swallow the ugly/bland look, even though I donā€™t want to.

I represent the wider marketā€™s reaction to Fordā€™s massive corporate failure.

First I was jerked around and lied to by dealers who either smacked $5k ADM on or claimed no ADM and then drew up papers with $5k in protective coating and ā€œfree oil changesā€ on a car that has no oil. Which I told them to stuff. (I even had to file a credit card complaint against them to get my deposit back.) Then I finally ordered the Mach-E in early ā€˜22. If they had made it in the time frame they estimated, I would have gotten the original credit and been overjoyed. Next came the ā€œprivate cash offerā€, which happened when the Mach-E didnā€™t make it in the ā€˜22 model year, and with that the debacle over the Comfort-Tech package being excluded. Could I get a Premium so I keep the terms of my original order and still have the PCO, or was I stuck with no heated seats and an extra $1900 for formerly included BlueCruise which would wipe out the PCO (which for weird corporate reasons they didnā€™t want to just call price protection). That took a month to sort that out, slowing my build date. Luckily, Ford had Union and corporate lobbyists working together so Iā€™d still get my tax break, right? Right??? How could you not know the Mach-E didnā€™t fit the pre-designated criteria for an SUV outlined by the agency the IRS historically relies on for vehicle classification? At this point this car that was built on the idea of competing with Tesla on price is now right up there with Tesla because Ford didnā€™t do their homework.

So I check out inventory after the news breaks. Because Iā€™m not alone in these issues, thereā€™s now plenty of Mach E inventory out there. Included in what is on the market are some ā€˜22s with small ADM Iā€™m pretty sure I could get close to MSRP (table above). So Mach-E is still a cheaper option, but itā€™s not for the car I want; the RWD and interior package on the base model under $55k are not my jam. And who knows, maybe if I ask for that one, Iā€™ll get the free oil change and clear coat treatment again making the very idea of one of those cheap ā€˜22s as much of a joke as the ā€œinventoryā€ Ford shows on their website that is aleady promised to other customers. (Another fail by Ford.)

And then, Tesla drops prices 20%. They clear the $55k hurdle. They are now WAY cheaper without the PCO andā€¦ wait for itā€¦ cheaper WITH THE PCO!!! Even with $6k cash in their favor, Ford loses. How does Ford respond? Crickets. Cadillac says they are lobbying for a fix. Farley just says a cryptic ā€œworking on itā€ on Twitter, which doesnā€™t give me any confidence. This effort by Ford does me no good with a car arriving in 1-2 weeks and a decision to be made.

At this point Iā€™m going ā€œYa know what, itā€™s been over a year now. And in order to buy this car I basically have to make the most-browsed tab on my browser a forum where people exchange rumors and tips on how to deal with this s***ty corporate communication system.ā€ Why do I want to be a part of this?

I told people how much better the Mach-E was and what a better buy. I was itā€™s biggest cheerleader. Iā€™m a big tall guy who has owned 2 mustangs as a kid and just liked the car better. Itā€™s better looking. It has real buttons. You had to TRY HARD to lose me as a customer. And yetā€¦ I am buying a Tesla.

Love or hate Elonā€™s politics, thereā€™s a corporate nimbleness to giving dictatorial power to an autistic genius. There was an interesting article a while back in the business press about how Teslaā€™s flashy marketing and ā€œstock price smoke-and-mirrorsā€ mask one of the most operationally efficient corporations on the planet. When their tax credit was set to expire under the old plan a few years back, they churned out units like meth-heads disassembling TV sets at gun point. They are currently shifting all production to under $55k models to flood the market. Based on past performance I like my odds of getting the M-Y by March. Would I put a massive chunk of cash on it, no. But I feel like itā€™s a coin flip Iā€™ll get my car. Compare that to Ford where the better analogy to getting the car on time is needing to roll snake eyes in order to match their suggested time frame. Tesla was worth a $250 coin flip.

If the Tesla doesnā€™t make it in time, to hell with the EV game. I donā€™t need to go 0-60 in less than 5 seconds often anyway. I can seriously get a 2 year old Porsche at these prices. I really think EVs are better cars. The circus surrounding them somehow managed to override their awesomeness.

FINAL NOTE: The folks at the dealership I ultimately settled on were great. Dealers really are dealer-by-dealer either great or awful. Maybe even salesman-to-salesman. And I got a good one. Sad I had to hop through 4 different jerk dealer doors to be treated well, but in the end I was. If youā€™re thinking about a Mach-E even after this comment, just go door to door until you get exactly what you want IN WRITING. The good ones are very ā€œMehā€ about giving you what you want. The terrible ones like to talk a lot and not print out paperwork.
I haven't been to a dealer that weren't idiots and bought on line in 2012 for our daughters srt8 challenger. We live in western pa and had car shipped from Al.
Landmark Dodge is huge great pricing and pleasant sales rep
The srt8 was delivered in three days and being new perfect.
Waxed, covered, full tank of gas.

My wife and I had a local dealer email us with exact payoff no markup no extras. Shultz Ford of Wexford pa stuck to the deal.

I hope future ev purchases from all mfg becomes routine on line.

OP
OP

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
Game change. New prices have those a much more interesting conversation...

New Mach-E Price Chart.png

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Two things.

1) A table is a chart.

2) You couldn't pay me to own a Tesla.