Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’ll believe it when they start shipping serious consumer EVs other than tiny Bolts or $125k Hummers
If the bolt charged at the speed the mach e does, I'd own a bolt not the mach e. Well, okay, and if the center armrest wasn't horridly uncomfortable -- but I might have spent more time thinking about ways to mitigate/fix that if it weren't for the <50kw "fast" charge speed.

Then again, our previous (and only) family car was the honda fit, so clearly we're out of sync with most americans on cars.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If the bolt charged at the speed the mach e does, I'd own a bolt not the mach e. Well, okay, and if the center armrest wasn't horridly uncomfortable -- but I might have spent more time thinking about ways to mitigate/fix that if it weren't for the <50kw "fast" charge speed.

Then again, our previous (and only) family car was the honda fit, so clearly we're out of sync with most americans on cars.
Fair, I just know most Americans want their bigger vehicles to be electric, there's also no real EV minivan yet. We traded in ours for the Mach-E cause the kids are bigger and I don't miss it at all!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's something funny about the design on this. It almost looks like a typical wagon adaptation of a sedan.
Yes, it looks too short (height-wise). Hopefully it's just deceiving in that picture and it's really 66-70" tall. This race to flatten all new EVs to make them more aerodynamic is disappointing. Bring back some height!

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Fair, I just know most Americans want their bigger vehicles to be electric, there's also no real EV minivan yet. We traded in ours for the Mach-E cause the kids are bigger and I don't miss it at all!
Also traded in my Bolt for a Mach-E, and I dont miss it either! Although with their price drop they are an awesome value. But once you upgrade to the MME its impossible to go back.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Also traded in my Bolt for a Mach-E, and I dont miss it either! Although with their price drop they are an awesome value. But once you upgrade to the MME its impossible to go back.
Same here. Charging speed wasn't a big deal to me, and I enjoyed my Bolt, but it's like the meme where the guy is walking with his girlfriend and his head is turned to watch another woman who just passed them by -- that was me when I saw the Mach-E :) Sorry Bolty, time to upgrade!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Dang, the thing’s wheelbase is almost 1-1/3 times the length my Blazer’s wheelbase. I really liked that my Blazer has a smaller turning radius than my Fiero did. 🤪🐩

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, it looks too short (height-wise). Hopefully it's just deceiving in that picture and it's really 66-70" tall. This race to flatten all new EVs to make them more aerodynamic is disappointing. Bring back some height!
It sure isn't the off-road vehicle it used to be back in the day when Broncos and Blazers were huge boxes with high clearance.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I like the design but my first thought was that the design of the front doesn't seem to be very aerodynamic with all those design accents on the grille and bumper area. Wouldn't that catch air and cause wind resistance?

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Oh, and GM's new battery platform is 800v so probably 350kw charging

Ford should be getting ready to up their game
By the time these release, I'm sure Ford will have models using an 800v architecture coming out shortly after. Ford already mentioned a completely new EV truck that they are working on that is different than the Lightning.

I would love to see an updated Mach-E or an Edge or Explorer EV with 800v architecture and 350kW or even 400kW charging (if the charger outputs 500A)

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
It sure isn't the off-road vehicle it used to be back in the day when Broncos and Blazers were huge boxes with high clearance.
Oh man, I would absolutely love a Bronco EV. The new design is stunning and I wish they would release an EV model in the future.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh man, I would absolutely love a Bronco EV. The new design is stunning and I wish they would release an EV model in the future.
If they don't ruin it by flattening it.

I'd love a Bronco (or Bronco Sport) EV too, but only if they kept the height. I'm afraid they'd do the usual aero design changes to turn it into another station wagon though.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Same here. Charging speed wasn't a big deal to me, and I enjoyed my Bolt, but it's like the meme where the guy is walking with his girlfriend and his head is turned to watch another woman who just passed them by -- that was me when I saw the Mach-E :) Sorry Bolty, time to upgrade!
People always ask my opinion between the 2 cars, I am like that is easy, the MME is better in every way, but because of that it starts 20k higher. Comparing a 25k car to a 50k car is never fair.

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
Ford already mentioned a completely new EV truck that they are working on that is different than the Lightning.
I feel like that has to be an electric version of the Maverick. Seems so weird that the standard configuration is a hybrid that has an electric motor and there's no full electric version.

Replace the Maverick's ICE with the MME's RWD electric motor on the rear axle plus a big battery sled under the cabin and bed and you have a Maverick EV with a space for a frunk. Not sure how it'd do efficiency-wise with its body shape, though.
Sponsored