Comprehensive PowerUp (OTA) Poll (1.x-2.x)

What is your Mach E's current PowerUp level?

• Total voters
OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You think a week to restart the roll out of the first few 2.4s. or a week to finish the rollout to the first batch (i.e. beyond 2.4.5?)
All I know is the hold on new installs of 2.4.2. No idea about the pathfinders out front.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So far the lead sends split between 1.6 and 2.3.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
1.7.1 did not install properly Mid November, 2021 and that is when everything stopped.

What indicators should I look for for 1.4.0 & 1.6.0 to see if they installed properly?

All I get now is the "You are up to date" message. No games or sketch pad. No changes in the volume control. Can't turn on OTA updates or set a schedule. No versions listed for Sync-4A. No serial number listed for the APIM in diagnostics. The only update I can see that I received and is working is that when using a DCFC, the charge rate from 80% to 90% has increased from about 12 kWh to somewhere in the mid 40's. But I am assuming those were installed by the dealership when I took it in for the TSB 21-B36B, TSB 21-P22B, or TSB 21-2310 updates. BTW, TSB-21-2310 did not update completely according to the Technician report I received when I picked up the car. It listed failures to update the APIM and that a fix would be installed for this in Feb.

Quite honestly, this is not the top notch service I expected when I purchased the Mach-E. I am starting to feel the same way about Ford as I did after I purchased my Volt & Bolt from Chevy. Lots of promises about future upgrades and just about no delivery on those promises.

The only other thing I notice for sure is that with our driving habits, our G-O-M can go as high as 330 miles of estimated range on a 100% charge. But every time I bring the car back from the dealership, the range is back to 265 and it takes 6-8 weeks to get it back up to over 300 miles of displayed range.

This is probably the last time I purchase a "first year" vehicle. As of March 30th, I will have a year of ownership of my Mach-E after waiting 15 months from when I placed my reservation. I was really excited during that entire waiting period and the first 8 months of ownership. But 4 months of no response and no fix to a very well documented problem is starting to wear through that excitement.

For the first time last Sunday, when a stranger came up to me at Lowes and asked how I felt about the car, I did NOT give a glowing review. What I said was, I like it, but if I were you, do not buy a 2021 model year as they are having some problems that are taking way too long to be fixed by Ford, especially when this was supposed to be their flagship electric vehicle. Is this really how Ford wants me to respond to people that are curious about their electric vehicle offerings????

I should not be this unhappy at this point.

Jim

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I can virtually guarantee that not all job 1 cars will have it by then. I’m not even sure all the job 1 cars in the early access program will have it by then.
We need an option that says, "I have NO IDEA which PowerUp I have....." How do you figure it out?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
We need an option that says, "I have NO IDEA which PowerUp I have....." How do you figure it out?
Option 1: Ask your car
In the car settings, choose system updates. It will give you a screen like this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Comprehensive PowerUp (OTA) Poll (1.x-2.x) IMG_8386

Answer in this screen is 1.7.1

Option 2: Check FordPass
You will find these on the vehicle screen
Ford Mustang Mach-E Comprehensive PowerUp (OTA) Poll (1.x-2.x) IMG_9982.PNG

Click the "Recent Changes" to see the details
Ford Mustang Mach-E Comprehensive PowerUp (OTA) Poll (1.x-2.x) IMG_9983.PNG

The answer in this screen (most recent image) is 2.4.1.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
In the car settings, choose system updates. It will give you a screen like this:

Neither of which work for me. But then again, I’m “special” ?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag

Not everyone has this option in the app. I think it expires after a while. My last OTA was 2.3.0 on Jan 21.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Comprehensive PowerUp (OTA) Poll (1.x-2.x) Screenshot_20220309-092018_FordPass

Option 3: check the bottom of this post to see what features you have to deduce your power up

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
I'm one of the people where the screen in my car and the screen on my app don't tell me nothing lol.

When I click recent changes it just shows "What's in this update" then it has the paragraph about increasing the blue cruise map to 130k.

So whatever update that was, that's the one I got.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
With some people stuck at early PowerUps, others in the early 2s, a few on the 2.4.2-2.5.2 escalator, it seems like we could use a single, comprehensive tracker. You are only allowed one answer. As your car is updated, please check back in to update your status. I'll update the poll with new PowerUps as we get them.
I had to guess at 2.1 because I can get the calm screen.????

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Comprehensive PowerUp (OTA) Poll (1.x-2.x) Screenshot_20220309-092018_FordPass

That is really nice if the OTA updates are working in your Mach-E.

Those of us that do not have that capability have no idea what has or has not been installed!

Lets review:

Failed trying to install 1.7.1 mid November, 2021 - Was told a fix is "coming soon". Nope

Took to dealership in Dec, 2021. They had the car 13 days. Said it was fixed. Nope

Went back to the dealership in January, 2022. Told me Ford would have a fix in Feb, 2022. Nope.

Called dealership on March 3, 2022 to ask about status of fix. Was told not yet available but said it should be installed in March, 2022. Waiting mode, but no longer holding my breath...........

Have heard nothing from Ford to tell me what is actually wrong with my vehicle.

If Hardware, what module(s) was/were affected and when will those replacements be available?

If Software, what is the status of the correction and when and how will it be installed - OTA or another visit to the dealership?

These are not unreasonable requests. And would it be such a project to have each update listed on a web site at Ford telling us what each update installed, so we can check to make sure they have all been done? If it was only for a select set of cars, that could be listed as well by using the VIN or build dates.

For a company that wants to now cut back on advertising and expects word of mouth from current owners to be the way forward, they better up their game. Because IMHO, what is going on here is truly horrible customer service.

Jim

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Those of us that do not have that capability have no idea what has or has not been installed!

Lets review:

Failed trying to install 1.7.1 mid November, 2021 - Was told a fix is "coming soon". Nope

Took to dealership in Dec, 2021. They had the car 13 days. Said it was fixed. Nope

Went back to the dealership in January, 2022. Told me Ford would have a fix in Feb, 2022. Nope.

Called dealership on March 3, 2022 to ask about status of fix. Was told not yet available but said it should be installed in March, 2022. Waiting mode, but no longer holding my breath...........

If Hardware, what module(s) was/were affected and when will those replacements be available?

If Software, what is the status of the correction and when and how will it be installed - OTA or another visit to the dealership?

These are not unreasonable requests. And would it be such a project to have each update listed on a web site at Ford telling us what each update installed, so we can check to make sure they have all been done? If it was only for a select set of cars, that could be listed as well by using the VIN or build dates.

For a company that wants to now cut back on advertising and expects word of mouth from current owners to be the way forward, they better up their game. Because IMHO, what is going on here is truly horrible customer service.

Jim
That's a big point of this poll. It would be good to be able to show Ford that there are lots of folks stuck in 1.x land.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

wings2063

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT-Line /Mache Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired
Any idea when 2.4.2 will be released to the rest of us that have 2.4.1?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag

Lets review:

Jim
I don't think Ford wants its customers to know what updates are available... It would cause Ford and dealers headaches explaining why you don't "need" these updates.

I suspect many if not most people that join forums would like to know these things but I don't think Ford sees this as being in their best interests.
Sponsored