zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
We went on a road trip this weekend and one of the EA stations we stopped at had three ID.4s nursing there so I did a little research while waiting for my charge.

They have a nice perk of free EA charging for 3 years since EA is a Volkswagen company. Nice if you road trip a lot.

I still prefer my MME but it is nice to see viable options out there ?
Sponsored

Evshopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I am in the market for a new car. I really considered the mme gt so much that I put a deposit down on it. Wasn't really cross shopping any other vehicle. That was the car for me. Then we test drove a mme select and my wife did not like the ride comfort. My 11 year old loves cars, does his research, and convinced us to test drive the etron. The etron was not on my ā€œlistā€ā€¦.at all. But my wife loved the ride quality and the interior was nicer than anything Iā€™ve ever owned. We placed an order. We have since driven the etron a few other times as we wait for our factory order and I think the car works for us.

I could still see myself in a mme gt If the etron doesnā€˜t materialize. Price is about the same as the GT. Range is not a factor for me at all and the etron charges so fast on fast chargers, it offsets the range deficit on the rare occasion I would need them.

I also snagged a Kia ev6 first edition reservation. Iā€™m not yet a fan of the ev6
exterior design, but I drive a pilot, so exterior beauty is not my primary factor. I do think the mme is a pretty car (so is the etron) but the Kia has a lot going for it.

Last edited:

Falcon73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 P8 Recharge, Considering Mach-E
Occupation
Insurance Broker
Country flag
yes and I drove all of them. The polestar 2 was the hardest one to get a chance to drive.
Etron range is lacking and it asks you to charge to 80% daily, and the cost is way more. Great ride I enjoyed it but value is not there.

If you're looking for range the mache and tesla model 3 are the top of the line.
This is great. Is there any chance you could share the SS?

I haven't been able to get inside a Mach-E yet. The dealer keeps selling them even before I can test drive one...

We have a Volvo XC40 P8 Recharge and it's a great car, but we should have got the technology package. To me the lack of adaptive cruise control is a safety issue.

The real range I get on the XC40-P8-R is about 220 miles, but I don't often go above 70mph and am a very light footed driver overall.

The software on the Volvo still needs a TON of work, however, especially the app!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I am in the market for a new car. I really considered the mme gt so much that I put a deposit down on it. Wasn't really cross shopping any other vehicle. That was the car for me. Then we test drove a mme select and my wife did not like the ride comfort. My 11 year old loves cars, does his research, and convinced us to test drive the etron. The etron was not on my ā€œlistā€ā€¦.at all. But my wife loved the ride quality and the interior was nicer than anything Iā€™ve ever owned. We placed an order. We have since driven the etron a few other times as we wait for our factory order and I think the car works for us.

I could still see myself in a mme gt If the etron doesnā€˜t materialize. Price is about the same as the GT. Range is not a factor for me at all and the etron charges so fast on fast chargers, it offsets the range deficit on the rare occasion I would need them.

I also snagged a Kia ev6 first edition reservation. Iā€™m not yet a fan of the ev6
exterior design, but I drive a pilot, so exterior beauty is not my primary factor. I do think the mme is a pretty car (so is the etron) but the Kia has a lot going for it.
In terms of ride quality, I would check out an actual GT if you are still interested in the Mach-E GT. The Selects/Premiums/RT1s have a differently tuned suspension than the GTs, and the Performance Edition GTs are different still with the MagneRide dynamic suspension.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Given the drama on another UK posting thread on range you really need to look with eyes wide open on the UK published range numbers not actually measuring up to real world driving. If range is really you big concern and you will be driving it that much I would verify you have charging options on the routes you use mostly before going any further. In a few more years I bet the range and charging catches up but the UK published range of more the 300+ miles in the MME is rediculous unless you plan to drive 35 mph and under always.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
I have both the 2019 Etron and the 2021 MachE and use them both for daily drive and long distance. The ~200 mile Etron range is not much of an issue really. The incredible fast DCFC means that I take the Etron all the time on road trips. No issues. Range also does not drop much in winter for me compared to other cars. Easily get 190+ even in -5f with the heat pump on. The Etron's luxuries are nice, heated seats, massager, ionizer, seasonal scents, HUDL, LIDAR, etc and once you get used to them its tough to go back. Easily the quietest car I have ever driven.

That said the Mache is way cheaper and way faster. It is also a Mustang which was nice to have. MachE is just easier to park and maneuver on narrow streets. When I go downtown I steal the MME from my wife.

Can't go wrong with either machine, but the Etron is not a Pony car, you will feel the weight. The MME is a pony car and drives like one. Its the only car I don't regret giving up my Etron for.
Sponsored