Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I’ve said a tightened it a little bit. And I’ve said that only once. I also said I’ve knocked around that area a couple of times. Didn’t meant that the tightening part is the actual solution. I already said in my original post that it comes from the area underneath the bolt.
Maybe it’s s little more difficult for me in English as it’s not my native language.
Just trying to help you guys.
I understand that you want to help, and we all want the solution. But I don't think we understand what you say the solution is. You said the rattle is now gone with your solution, but what is that solution?
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I do believe that under tray may be the cause as another user said something about their dealership replacing those bolts...it's probably just hard to describe without us visually seeing how that fastener works....spacers maybe.

Interestingly enough I also now have a Kia EV6 and hear a similar crosswind rattle with it. The universe is toying with me.

Deleted member 2014

I understand that you want to help, and we all want the solution. But I don't think we understand what you say the solution is. You said the rattle is now gone with your solution, but what is that solution?
I’ve edited my initial post with the hope to clarify it. My „solution“ surely will only be temporary. When I’ve been at the dealership and they’ve told me what the exact cause in that area was, I’ll let you know. The thing I can say for 100% is that this is the area causing trouble.

Deleted member 2014

I do believe that under tray may be the cause as another user said something about their dealership replacing those bolts...it's probably just hard to describe without us visually seeing how that fastener works....spacers maybe.

Interestingly enough I also now have a Kia EV6 and hear a similar crosswind rattle with it. The universe is toying with me.
That’s about that what I’ve been trying to say 😅 excuse my English friends

dlinner

First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have something similar. The clicking sounds like it’s coming from under the steering wheel, but with the windows open it sounds like it’s a tin can on a string bouncing on the pavement near the front passenger wheel.
The sound rate appears to be faster with increased speed, but not always present. Perhaps it is related to wind. Gone when car is stopped. I have tried removing everything from the car that can be removed to no avail. Took it to the dealers for a day, but they could not figure it out. Link to sound file

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Hi there,
this thread had been very helpful so far. I picked up my MME GT PE 4 weeks ago and I’m experiencing the exact same noise like the one in your video. Never had it in my previous MME AWD ER.
Any updates if the noise is still gone? Was there a similar solution for the others owners having that issue?
Cheers
Paul
Sorry, I don’t think I replied to this. I sold that car a couple months back. However the rattle sound never came back. I would say it was fixed. Go read what the mechanic did with the spacers and shorter bolts. That worked for me/on that car.

dlinner

First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My dealership took it in for 3 days and located a faulty ball bearing in the front right wheel as well as a loose brake clip right back wheel. It was replaced and now it sounds perfect.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Based on a lot of other threads that are recommended to me because I started this thread I see that other people have had similar issues.

1 - Garage door opener - don't have one
2 - Sunglass holder - don't have anything in it
3 - Seatbelts - All were in use so don't think so

4 - Door pockets, I'll try removing stuff

Overall it appears that other people with a similar issue either didn't document their findings or it was "user error". Let's hope I look stupid in the end ?
I had some rattling yesterday. It was just my metal water bottle in the cup holder though. I'll bring the glass water bottle today and see if I hear a rattle

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
My dealership took it in for 3 days and located a faulty ball bearing in the front right wheel as well as a loose brake clip right back wheel. It was replaced and now it sounds perfect.
Neither are likely the cross wind problem. But glad they fixed those two issues for you.

Dayvid511

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
When you were inside your car, before they fixed it, what part of the car did the noise sound like it was coming from? Some people have reported passenger, mine is the driver's side. It would make a lot of sense if it was coming from the front wheel. This is very helpful! I have a service appointment scheduled for them to fix this noise and the last thing I want is them jacking with other parts of the car causing other issues. The noise drives me absolutely crazy and it's embarrassing having people ride in the car and ask why your brand new car is making a rattling noise. Haha

dlinner

First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yes, it was intermittent, and often would start after a turn—and sounded like the other sound files in this thread—-so I thought it could be due to “wind direction”, but both culprits sealed from wind. :)

It was transmitted to under driver’s dash inside but with windows rolled down definitely from the wheel on the front right!

chandras

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Mach-E GT (Shipped)
Country flag
I got a new GT (built 6/27) and I'm seeing the same thing. The rattle is from the passenger side and only happens when I'm driving 50mph or faster. Did the frunk bumpers work for anyone?

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I got a new GT (built 6/27) and I'm seeing the same thing. The rattle is from the passenger side and only happens when I'm driving 50mph or faster. Did the frunk bumpers work for anyone?
I had the GT and the same passenger side, same “over 50” etc. if you can find what my dealer did, it worked and the sound never came back. My response is a few pages back and I took notes from the dealer when he explained all the steps.

chandras

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Mach-E GT (Shipped)
Country flag
Thanks @Mgmken. I took the car to my dealer and they fixed the issue. This is what they wrote in the notes -

Road tested vehicle and heard rattle noise coming from under vehicle. Installed chassis ear and heard loudest coming from passenger front lower control arm. Lifted vehicle and inspected found undercover bolt is hitting against lower control arm.

Added felt tape from squeak and rattle kit, road tested and noise no longer present.
Sponsored

Last edited: