Current State Of Ford Options?

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Great news! Thanks for the update.

That leaves 87 days from ship date for my car to show up. Maybe I am too optimistic ?
That’s the important issue…. Those of us who still have 21s coming and have gotten delays are still possibly going to be out of luck unless they extend it again. Granted, I knew that I was going to have to wait for the car, but knowing that fords delay might cost me extra money on top of the poor communication is irksome.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
That’s the important issue…. Those of us who still have 21s coming and have gotten delays are still possibly going to be out of luck unless they extend it again. Granted, I knew that I was going to have to wait for the car, but knowing that fords delay might cost me extra money on top of the poor communication is irksome.
Yup - Theoretically my car is getting built today, but I won't really believe that until it has shipped. Hopefully this extension gives enough buffer for it to arrive!

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
Ford Options programs were extended as is until Jan 3rd, 2022.
Seriously, you rule. If you're ever in the DC area, let me know - you deserve a round or 10 for the assistance you've been providing to MME owners and soon-to-be owners

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
Hi, I picked up my car yesterday but I was kinda left puzzled about one thing when using Ford Options as my finance option:

Is there a max amount of mileage you're allowed to use with the Ford Options? The reason I ask is that I wanted 16,500 as my annual usage rate but the dealership told me 15,000 or less was only available (even though I am aware that numerous higher mileage options were available on the checkout screen on the Ford Website). I feel like I was tricked.

Also, he told me at that at the end of the terms, if I was going to buy out the balloon payment that it didn't matter anyways if I went over the mileage anyways.

Can anybody verify this? Can I even have this corrected at the dealership at this point?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hi, I picked up my car yesterday but I was kinda left puzzled about one thing when using Ford Options as my finance option:

Is there a max amount of mileage you're allowed to use with the Ford Options? The reason I ask is that I wanted 16,500 as my annual usage rate but the dealership told me 15,000 or less was only available (even though I am aware that numerous higher mileage options were available on the checkout screen on the Ford Website). I feel like I was tricked.

Also, he told me at that at the end of the terms, if I was going to buy out the balloon payment that it didn't matter anyways if I went over the mileage anyways.

Can anybody verify this? Can I even have this corrected at the dealership at this point?
You can pre-buy additional miles, but he’s right that if you buy out the loan the mileage is irrelevant.

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
You can pre-buy additional miles, but he’s right that if you buy out the loan the mileage is irrelevant.
Is it too late to pre-buy? Just wondering if there's a time/mileage frame in which I need to act. I only ask because 15000 is pretty close to what i drive annually and I wanted a little leeway

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Is it too late to pre-buy? Just wondering if there's a time/mileage frame in which I need to act. I only ask because 15000 is pretty close to what i drive annually and I wanted a little leeway
I did Ford Options with 18,000 miles. Not sure where they came up with a 15,000 mile max. I can't answer your pre-buy question, sorry. I would ask the dealer about that.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Assuming you've already signed the contract, yes, it is too late to change it.

Unless the rules have changed, maximum annual mileage on Ford Options is 19,500. If you opt for that number of miles, then you may also choose to pre-purchase additional miles at a small discount. Otherwise, you cannot.

If you think you'll be pretty close to 15,000 annually, then you made the right choice. Let's say you have a 3 year Options contract and you decide to give back the car at the end. Let's say you put on a total of 46,000 miles during the 3 year period. That's 1,000 miles over your limit, at a cost of 20 or 25 cents per excess mile (depending on your MSRP)... Let's assume 25 cents per mile, so that overage fee is $250.

If you had opted for the 16,500 annual mileage option, you'd have used 46,000 miles out of your pre-paid 49,500. The bump up in mileage will end up costing you roughly $475 more during the life of the loan. So you would have been better off with the 15,000 option in this hypothetical scenario.

I don't know which Mach-E you have or the parameters of your loan, so this is just a rough estimate, but you get the idea -- it's not something to sweat over.

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
Same program numbers as before (just extended the programs). #21286 for APR and #14020 for Ford Options Bonus Cash.
Do you know if rebate amounts have changed within regions over time for Options? I know some regions are $1000 while others are $2500, but my dealer is saying our $2500 region (earlier in the year) has become a $1000 region. They’ve been great overall, so I’d like to trust them…but a $1500 difference is worth double-checking!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Do you know if rebate amounts have changed within regions over time for Options? I know some regions are $1000 while others are $2500, but my dealer is saying our $2500 region (earlier in the year) has become a $1000 region. They’ve been great overall, so I’d like to trust them…but a $1500 difference is worth double-checking!
I’ve heard about that happening. I can only see the regional marketing program (bonus cash) for the metro Detroit area.

If you go to the Ford build and price website using your zip code, pretend to order a vehicle then you can see what bonus cash is available for your area.

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
I’ve heard about that happening. I can only see the regional marketing program (bonus cash) for the metro Detroit area.

If you go to the Ford build and price website using your zip code, pretend to order a vehicle then you can see what bonus cash is available for your area.
Okay sounds reasonable then - thanks for the feedback. The calculator does show $1000 for my region now. Assuming that’s for 2022s no doubt. Any chance 2021s would have a different rebate, or is the program rebate the same regardless of year? My GT is due in a matter of days! (Super pumped!)

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
Okay sounds reasonable then - thanks for the feedback. The calculator does show $1000 for my region now. Assuming that’s for 2022s no doubt. Any chance 2021s would have a different rebate, or is the program rebate the same regardless of year? My GT is due in a matter of days! (Super pumped!)
You're going to love your GT. I took delivery on 10/31 - and I still absolutely love it. Range has been in the 260s (dips to 230 or so if you take an extended trip on a highway). The acceleration is stunning. If you want a smooth ride, turn off one-pedal driving (will hurt range a bit in-town driving, but makes the drive buttery smooth).

Be ready for people asking you about it every time you park!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
The program is either $1,000 or $2,500 for both 21’s and 22’s. I cannot tell if the amount is different by model year and by region.

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
Smoothness and range can be identical with 1PD on or off. It’s just about how you drive.
True that - but it takes time to perfect the technique.
Sponsored