Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Now it gets a bit convoluted. I wasn't aware of a Job 1.5. I have a copy of the service bulletins that my dealer printed out for me. They ask me which of these SB would you like to see done. I separated the moon roof and windshield ones. The 21P22 was to be done by the dealer per Ford's request. The next one was of an additional key fob. They asked me if I wanted an additional key fob. I said yes, because I needed a spare key fob. About the VIN#. You dealer already knows your #. Mine does. They only wanted my approval to accomplish the SBs. In the service bulletins they spell the timeframe of built dates. Since your dealer knows your VIN#, he knows your built date and consequently the SB that applies for your vehicle. By saying that, I wasn't aware of a Job 1.5. My vehicle falls into the Job 1.0 timeframe which I had to wait almost a year to get BC activated and an extra 250KW added to my account with EA. You need a print out from your dealer of the SBs, which they should provide you with, to check for your vehicle's effectivity.
I was surprised when I saw the SBs on my recent visit. I had to read them twice. The fact that I had to visit my dealer for a tire rotation and a malfunctioning sensor/motor for my cooling louvers, only to find out of those SBs.
It should be simple to explain to any customer....here it is your Job # your vehicle falls under and these your SBs. Which one you like to accomplish. Simple because the dealer is getting paid by Ford to accomplish. I expect most if not all Ford dealers to follow this standard.
Dig into that search until you are completely satisfied with your vehicle's effectivity.
Good luck.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Now it gets a bit convoluted. I wasn't aware of a Job 1.5. I have a copy of the service bulletins that my dealer printed out for me. They ask me which of these SB would you like to see done. I separated the moon roof and windshield ones. The 21P22 was to be done by the dealer per Ford's request. The next one was of an additional key fob. They asked me if I wanted an additional key fob. I said yes, because I needed a spare key fob. About the VIN#. You dealer already knows your #. Mine does. They only wanted my approval to accomplish the SBs. In the service bulletins they spell the timeframe of built dates. Since your dealer knows your VIN#, he knows your built date and consequently the SB that applies for your vehicle. By saying that, I wasn't aware of a Job 1.5. My vehicle falls into the Job 1.0 timeframe which I had to wait almost a year to get BC activated and an extra 250KW added to my account with EA. You need a print out from your dealer of the SBs, which they should provide you with, to check for your vehicle's effectivity.
I was surprised when I saw the SBs on my recent visit. I had to read them twice. The fact that I had to visit my dealer for a tire rotation and a malfunctioning sensor/motor for my cooling louvers, only to find out of those SBs.
It should be simple to explain to any customer....here it is your Job # your vehicle falls under and these your SBs. Which one you like to accomplish. Simple because the dealer is getting paid by Ford to accomplish. I expect most if not all Ford dealers to follow this standard.
Dig into that search until you are completely satisfied with your vehicle's effectivity.
Good luck.
There is no Job 1.5 designation, nor does the dealer even look at that. They put in the VIN, and the computer tells them what the vehicle needs or is eligible for.

FYI, you didn't get 250 free hours for BC being late, you got a year free. If you got 250 free hours, it was for a vehicle that was delayed in being built. Ford then stopped doing that as I can attest after waiting 50.4 weeks for mine.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There is no Job 1.5 designation, nor does the dealer even look at that. They put in the VIN, and the computer tells them what the vehicle needs or is eligible for.
There is no official Job 1.5, but there is a gap of build dates from June 7th - July 6th 2021 that only came with 1 key fob, but don't qualify for the TSB to get another one. I believe this was a mistake by Ford, but fixing the TSB will probably take some time.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
There is no official Job 1.5, but there is a gap of build dates from June 7th - July 6th 2021 that only came with 1 key fob, but don't qualify for the TSB to get another one. I believe this was a mistake by Ford, but fixing the TSB will probably take some time.
Kind of crazy, there shouldn't be too many with build dates like ours, seems like an easy fix?

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag

FYI, you didn't get 250 free hours for BC being late, you got a year free. If you got 250 free hours, it was for a vehicle that was delayed in being built. Ford then stopped doing that as I can attest after waiting 50.4 weeks for mine.
It was for a delayed BC release. I had to wait from late Sept 21 to early Nov 21 to eventually late Apr 22. Ford added the 250 in late 21 to use while waiting for the BC release since I paid for it in advance.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It was for a delayed BC release. I had to wait from late Sept 21 to early Nov 21 to eventually late Apr 22. Ford added the 250 in late 21 to use while waiting for the BC release since I paid for it in advance.
I understand what you're saying, but you're incorrect I believe.

Ford has only provided an extra 250 free hours to those that got a delayed delivery at one point in 2021.

On your vehicle, you either paid $600 for BlueCruise (which came on the vehicle), or, if you ordered prior to April(?) 2021, you got a prep package. Those that got the prep package (my May 2021 produced July purchase), got BlueCruise in April AND it was free for a year. In a year from install, you'll get an option to extend it for some period at some price (neither yet specified). But no one paid for BlueCruise ($600) but didn't get it on delivery.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I understand what you're saying, but you're incorrect I believe.

Ford has only provided an extra 250 free hours to those that got a delayed delivery at one point in 2021.

On your vehicle, you either paid $600 for BlueCruise (which came on the vehicle), or, if you ordered prior to April(?) 2021, you got a prep package. Those that got the prep package (my May 2021 produced July purchase), got BlueCruise in April AND it was free for a year. In a year from install, you'll get an option to extend it for some period at some price (neither yet specified). But no one paid for BlueCruise ($600) but didn't get it on delivery.
I want to add this also. I was one of the early reservations and consequently early orders. Not all Mach E were capable for BC unless you specified you wanted it as an option. I ordered the Premium with BC capability. That option was for $2000. The stipulation from Ford was that you get BC later after delivery of the vehicle via OTA update or by visiting your dealer to install it if you didn't want to wait. Well......the postponement of the BC release, for an option some of us paid for in advance, got us that extra 250KW. I saved that email from Ford.
There is a catch with the extra 250KW gift. I have until April 2023 to use it up or goes away.
I have not used my entire balance yet.
20.5K on the odometer. I might have to use my local EA CCS station and use up my balance.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I want to add this also. I was one of the early reservations and consequently early orders. Not all Mach E were capable for BC unless you specified you wanted it as an option. I ordered the Premium with BC capability. That option was for $2000. The stipulation from Ford was that you get BC later after delivery of the vehicle via OTA update or by visiting your dealer to install it if you didn't want to wait. Well......the postponement of the BC release, for an option some of us paid for in advance, got us that extra 250KW. I saved that email from Ford.
There is a catch with the extra 250KW gift. I have until April 2023 to use it up or goes away.
I have not used my entire balance yet.
20.5K on the odometer. I might have to use my local EA CCS station and use up my balance.
the extra 250kwh was offered for a delay in building the vehicle, had nothing to do with BC

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
the extra 250kwh was offered for a delay in building the vehicle, had nothing to do with BC
I stand corrected. I found the email. It was for the delay of the built date. Initially, I was expecting delivery on December 2020 but was built the second week of January 2021 and delivered in the middle of February 2021. Better keep those emails as part of the vehicles records.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Mention customer satisfaction program 22B10 and have them check your VIN. Or print out the bulletin and hand it to them: https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/22b10-pdf.75274/
Wow. That is so, so aggravating. My dealer said they could not help with a second fob and I had to contact ford. When I called their numbers, was told they don’t provide fobs for the 2021 Mach-Es. Was told the same thing from a “supervisor”. They are not well trained it seems. And my dealer is not well informed either. This is really hurting ford’s rep here. Anyway, thank you for the reference. I will forward it to my dealer.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I stand corrected. I found the email. It was for the delay of the built date. Initially, I was expecting delivery on December 2020 but was built the second week of January 2021 and delivered in the middle of February 2021. Better keep those emails as part of the vehicles records.
Emails? I’ve got two. “Thanks for the reservation,” and “Chip Hold.” 🤪🐩

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow. That is so, so aggravating. My dealer said they could not help with a second fob and I had to contact ford. When I called their numbers, was told they don’t provide fobs for the 2021 Mach-Es. Was told the same thing from a “supervisor”. They are not well trained it seems. And my dealer is not well informed either. This is really hurting ford’s rep here. Anyway, thank you for the reference. I will forward it to my dealer.
What is the build date of your vehicle?
Sponsored