RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
For those of you that are not happy with your range estimates now, this CSP update seems to be even more conservative on the GOM. I had this done a month ago and latest 100% charge showed only 268 miles. Don’t think it’s weather related since we are now pushing 90 degrees!
Sponsored

Fusionblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach~E, Kia Telluride, BMW 335i
Occupation
IT fiddler
Country flag
I need some advice from folks who have done this update.
I took my car in for the windshield and roof recalls along with the 21P22 update. The dealer claims that all the recall jobs were done. This software update was supposed to have fixed the stuck 1.7b update as well. One of the key signs of a failed update is the 'auto software updates' slider being stuck on "off".
When I got the car back i was still not able to toggle it to a "on" position and I contacted ford support. The reply was that the update was not complete if i am I not able to toggle it.
The dealer insists that the only update remaining is the blue cruise update. I am a bit lost.

Observations - Unable to toggle auto update to "on"
Sync version number shows " --- "

Any advice would be helpful.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I took my car in for the windshield and roof recalls along with the 21P22 update. The dealer claims that all the recall jobs were done. This software update was supposed to have fixed the stuck 1.7b update as well. One of the key signs of a failed update is the 'auto software updates' slider being stuck on "off".
When I got the car back i was still not able to toggle it to a "on" position and I contacted ford support. The reply was that the update was not complete if i am I not able to toggle it.
The dealer insists that the only update remaining is the blue cruise update. I am a bit lost.

21P22 does not address the stuck OTA issue, TSB 22-2117 does. You just need to make an appointment to have that applied and you should be good.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/tsb-22-2117-fix-for-stuck-power-up-1-7-1-update.15814/

vpisipati

First Name
Venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT - Rapid Red, '08 Shelby GT500 - Black
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Took my car, '21 GT, in for a tire.replacement and the service rep says they will apply the 21P22 - Software Calibration Update.

I was under the impression that 21P22 is not applicable to the GT models. Anyone with knowledge on this kindly comment. Appreciate it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Took my car, '21 GT, in for a tire.replacement and the service rep says they will apply the 21P22 - Software Calibration Update.

I was under the impression that 21P22 is not applicable to the GT models. Anyone with knowledge on this kindly comment. Appreciate it.
It applies to all MMEs built prior to 10/1/2021 (including GTs).

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag

If you really want to impress them at the dealership, let them know that you are aware that tsb-22-2150 has superseded tsb-22-2117 & that you may also need CSP-22B08B. Then if you want to get BlueCruise installed at the dealership you will need 21-G01-S1. Successful installation of all these will bring you up to date.

If they have trouble with installation of these updates, they may need to do an update of their FDRS software at the dealership.

That will save you from having to read 110 pages of this thread!

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ave-issue-updating.10071/page-110#post-421499

Hope this helps!

Jim

sharkcom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
New CSP announced yesterday that includes quite a few module updates to address past issues including the hill descent shutdown issue, in addition to other improvements. This seems to be "Mach-E Service Pack 1" effectively, this will fix a lot of issues with the early builds.

EDIT: This update also improves the DC fast charging curve for non-GT vehicles above 80%. Charging rate from 80-90% is now ~45 kW (up from 12 kW), and gradually decreases from 90-100% SoC.

March 2022 Update: The program has been expanded to include vehicles built through Sept 30, 2021.

21P22-S1.jpg

Original bulletin:
R21P22.jpg

R21P22 II.jpg

If you are having the windshield recall done, it would make sense to combine visits and have the updates done at the same time. When dealers look up your car on their system (OASIS) by VIN this should pop up in yellow for affected vehicles. There are also step-by step technical instructions for the technician to follow if they aren't sure how to do the updates. These updates are also available in FDRS for DIY self-updaters.
Thank you very much for posting this as it was a big help to show my local Ford Dealer what is needed for my GT built in August 2021. Appreciate it!

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I just got the 21P22 updates on my GT, built in August. I will head to an EA charger now to see if my charge curve has improved. How can I check to see what all modules were updated - they said there were several, and it took 2 hours.
Update: I charged to 92%, it was charging at up to 43kw from 80% to 92%, dropped to 33kw at that point and I stopped it. :cool:

Last edited:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just got the 21P22 updates on my GT, built in August. I will head to an EA charger now to see if my charge curve has improved. How can I check to see what all modules were updated - they said there were several, and it took 2 hours.
Update: I charged to 92%, it was charging at up to 43kw from 80% to 92%, dropped to 33kw at that point and I stopped it. :cool:
same. Quick test from 75% and it went to 72kW before settling in at 61kW. After 5 mins it dropped to 38kW at 80%.

Cost me $2.13 to do that little experiment at EA using the app via CarPlay thru the screen and selecting the charger first before plugging in. It surprised me just how easy it is to use the EA to activate the charger.

Supposedly, the car should be more responsive to my key fob proximity to lock/unlock. Those little lock symbols on the door have been so hit & miss to lock the car.

Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
I took my car in to the dealer in January. Turns out they didn't run any of the updates but told me they did. It's basically June now, and I had to bring the car back in, only to find out that they are having trouble applying the updates. Would have been nice to know in January.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
An update on the charging curve. On my recent trip to the coast, I did notice that when you reach 80% of charge, charging curve only drop down to 50KW and stayed at that level until 90%. So the update really worked. I was able to wait around another 10 min and get my extra charge at a higher rate and proceed to my destination at higher speed than I was planning to do.
Between a lunch break and a bathroom break, it work just perfectly for us. Still using Ford's KW bank of energy. BC is working as expected. Taking advantage every time we hit the interstates. No issues with BC. My sweetie is warming up to the BC now. She can't wait to drive the F 150 Lightning now. Arriving at the end of the month. Time to do some camper towing.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
An update on the charging curve. On my recent trip to the coast, I did notice that when you reach 80% of charge, charging curve only drop down to 50KW and stayed at that level until 90%. So the update really worked. I was able to wait around another 10 min and get my extra charge at a higher rate and proceed to my destination at higher speed than I was planning to do.
Between a lunch break and a bathroom break, it work just perfectly for us. Still using Ford's KW bank of energy. BC is working as expected. Taking advantage every time we hit the interstates. No issues with BC. My sweetie is warming up to the BC now. She can't wait to drive the F 150 Lightning now. Arriving at the end of the month. Time to do some camper towing.
Did you get any other updates, or just the recall?

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Whatever came over the OTA updates. Previous excursions to the coast, as soon as I reached 80%, the charge rate dropped to 12-14 KW, but not this time.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Whatever came over the OTA updates. Previous excursions to the coast, as soon as I reached 80%, the charge rate dropped to 12-14 KW, but not this time.
So no dealer or personal FDRS updates? That is *very* interesting. I didn't expect the charge or capacity improvements to come OTA.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So no dealer or personal FDRS updates? That is *very* interesting. I didn't expect the charge or capacity improvements to come OTA.
It’s a byproduct of having the latest software OTAed with prior fixes included. Folks with old software might notice some changes, especially if they never had 21P22 done.
Sponsored