Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So, I called on this today and the scheduling lady told me it's an update to the camera system and needs to be done by their body shop. They scheduled the glass recall and the software update at the same time. I also scheduled it for TSB 21-2206 and will talk to the service advisor when I drop it off.
Huh? Sounds like that's just the extra stuff that needs to be done when they take the windshield off, recalibrating the cameras up there not this module update. I do not want the body shop doing this update! lol
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Guessing builds after these dates already have these updates?
Not necessarily. Some of the things (faster charge speeds) are supposed to be updated for 2022 models and eventually OTA for 2021.

No clue if my GTPE (built late Sept) has all of this.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Huh? Sounds like that's just the extra stuff that needs to be done when they take the windshield off, recalibrating the cameras up there not this module update. I do not want the body shop doing this update! lol
It's OK, I mentioned to the lady that she called me last week to schedule my oil change. I will have a conversation with the service advisor when I get there and clear it up NBD

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It's OK, I mentioned to the lady that she called me last week to schedule my oil change. I will have a conversation with the service advisor when I get there and clear it up NBD
lol ?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I dropped mine off today for the recall on the windshield (which apparently they don't do, and I now need to schedule an appointment with the body shop WTF Ford, how was I responsible for doing that). Anyways, she said this just came out and asked me if I wanted that too. I said of course, they are already going to manually update to Ford Pass 1.7.1 since it won't update OTA. They are also looking at the knocking noise coming from the front half axle and the front passenger door not unlocking and locking with the PAAK or fob.

So I'm seeing a lot of parts ordered and time getting things installed in my near future.

I'll let you guys know if I notice anything different after this software calibration.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
More uninformed questions from me. How does the dealer connect to the car to do the updates? Is it via the OBDII, or is there a proprietary port. Also, do any of these updates require the 12V batter to be connected to shore power?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
More uninformed questions from me. How does the dealer connect to the car to do the updates? Is it via the OBDII, or is there a proprietary port. Also, do any of these updates require the 12V batter to be connected to shore power?
Yes, itā€™s via OBDII. Yes, all of the updates require connecting a power supply to the 12V battery. Some are quick enough that itā€™s probably not necessary, but some run for hours and draw 20-35A.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Scheduled mine for the software update for December 2nd. They said the glass work needs to be done by their glass vendor. That will wait.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, itā€™s via OBDII. Yes, all of the updates require connecting a power supply to the 12V battery. Some are quick enough that itā€™s probably not necessary, but some run for hours and draw 20-35A.
Nice, Thank You! I just want to make sure my dealer doesnā€™t damage the trim piece that covers the battery.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I dropped mine off today for the recall on the windshield (which apparently they don't do, and I now need to schedule an appointment with the body shop WTF Ford, how was I responsible for doing that). Anyways, she said this just came out and asked me if I wanted that too. I said of course, they are already going to manually update to Ford Pass 1.7.1 since it won't update OTA. They are also looking at the knocking noise coming from the front half axle and the front passenger door not unlocking and locking with the PAAK or fob.

So I'm seeing a lot of parts ordered and time getting things installed in my near future.

I'll let you guys know if I notice anything different after this software calibration.
Software calibration update resolved my issue with front passenger door not recognizing key fob or paak to unlock or lock the door. Which was good that I didn't have to wait on them to order any parts and take off the panels. That was the first noticable benefit, I'll report back with anything else.

They weren't able to upload 1.7.1 because there was a truck in line ahead of me that took 6 hours to get a software update. They couldn't say for sure that my half shaft or axle needed replacement and will bring it back to go up on the lift after the holiday.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Breaking or losing clips is definitely a possibility. But hopefully the dealer will have some on hand.
Yeah Iā€™m not too worried about clips, more the trim piece itself. I take pictures of my car before I drop it off. Had to call them on a scratch once.

loqutus

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium SR
Occupation
Professor
Country flag
So I have a question about the Job 1 build dates and this update. My IB Premium was built in late May, but sat on chip hold until the very end of June. I figured it would be eligible for the windshield/roof recalls, but thatā€™s not the case. Fordā€™s website says thereā€™s no recalls for my car. So Iā€™m assuming it wonā€™t be eligible for this update as well. Any advice on how to get a dealer to apply the calibration update (short of just paying for the labor myself)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So I have a question about the Job 1 build dates. My IB Premium was built in late May, but sat on chip hold until the very end of June. I figured it would be eligible for the windshield/roof recalls, but thatā€™s not the case. Fordā€™s website says thereā€™s no recalls for my car. So Iā€™m assuming it wonā€™t be eligible for this update as well. Any advice on how to get a dealer to apply the calibration update (short of just paying for the labor myself)?
Itā€™s a customer satisfaction program not a recall thatā€™s why it doesnā€™t show up on Fordā€™s website. Customers will not be notified. If youā€™re sure your car was built in May, then it should apply to you, call your dealer.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So I have a question about the Job 1 build dates and this update. My IB Premium was built in late May, but sat on chip hold until the very end of June. I figured it would be eligible for the windshield/roof recalls, but thatā€™s not the case. Fordā€™s website says thereā€™s no recalls for my car. So Iā€™m assuming it wonā€™t be eligible for this update as well. Any advice on how to get a dealer to apply the calibration update (short of just paying for the labor myself)?
Take it in and complain about PaaK and there should be a TSB for that. Then they should perform the 21P22 calibration at the same visit.
Alternatively.....how close are you to your 10,000 or 20,000 mile service?
Sponsored