unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Guys, I performed the update and in happy to announce that the charging cliff at 80% for DCFC has been improved! Between 28-30kW! Screenshot of EA station and Car Scanner stats.

20211123_184713.JPG

Screenshot_20211123-184746.png

Edit: the battery may have been cold gating. Power going in has increased to 40kW, battery temp is 66F now.
Interesting! Curious to see if other people can confirm this. Do you have the full charging curve of that session?

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Interesting! Curious to see if other people can confirm this. Do you have the full charging curve of that session?
Sadly no. I started at 80% SoC. I have numbers for the curve in the 90% range which I'll post when I get to a real computer, haha.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The “robustness” just throws me off a little on the door latch description.
Well, updating those door control modules doesn‘t seem very robust because I can’t get them to update without failing.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the information. I was wondering about those updates that popped up in FDRS recently.

I did a previous update and noticed a different charging curve compared to earlier in the year. It may be the colder weather or the BECM update I did last month. The strategy went from LJ98-14C197-BF to NJ98-14C197-BA. The dropoff at 80% was still there. I will do this update within a few days, but it could be a week before another DC Fast Charge test.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Apart from the DCFC curve, I noticed that this update changed the EPAS (power steering) feedback. In Unbridled, the steering feels a lot less heavy than before. Not sure I like it...

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I find the "ability for over the air updates" interesting. I noticed Extended PID 0xD026 can be read from two of the modules in the update. I am having problems with the 1.7.1 update. PCM and SOBDMC indicate one or more OTA preconditions are not met. One makes sense, "Engine RPM Too High (or Torque Available)", as the car was likely on. The PCM also had "After Run Active" set.

It is possible there are bugs in the code that sets one or more of the preconditions. That may explain the problems of OTA updates not being applied or being applied when the car is in use.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'd guess if you don't get this applied via the dealer it would come to you eventually anyways via OTA. Totally guessing.
Unless certain future OTA updates require certain dealer updates as prerequisites? This is in the document but without any further clarification:

Along with this update, there are several additional updates for customer satisfaction included in this
software update. This will include: ..., ability for over the air updates, ...

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Unless certain future OTA updates require certain dealer updates as prerequisites? This is in the document but without any further clarification:

Along with this update, there are several additional updates for customer satisfaction included in this
software update. This will include: ..., ability for over the air updates, ...
We know that this update is targeted to Job 1 vehicles based on the dates provided. We’ve also heard that some people have not been receiving OTAs.

Since these earlier built vehicles required OTAs to turn on the modules like the gateway module to accept future OTAs for other modules, my guess is that this customer service update is to ensure that customers get the updates to turn on the gateway module (or whatever is required to turn on the ability to apply future updates). That would enable future updates to flow to customers over the air as they should.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
See this is kind of insane to me. They basically have defective software that causes problems FROM BRAND NEW but you can't fix it brand new because the fix doesn't exist. Yet if you drive the car more than 36k...well...you're screwed, they won't fix it for free then even though it was defective at purchase. Just insanity.

They have to figure out a better way to do this and support future software issues.
If out of warranty I think it would still be "free" from Ford, but wouldn't cover the up to 1.3 hours to labor to have the dealer install it. Ford should also be getting better at OTA updates as part of this improves that for early vehicles. In other words, you're not screwed, but you have to pay the dealer for the service instead of Ford paying the dealer.

If you knew you were going to be driving over 36K miles in the first year, then not upgrading the warranty at time of purchase seems insane to me. If it was an ICE vehicle you would of needed at least 3 oil changes by that time, if not 6 or more depending on vehicle.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Guessing builds after these dates already have these updates?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Guys, I performed the update and in happy to announce that the charging cliff at 80% for DCFC has been improved! Between 28-30kW! Screenshot of EA station and Car Scanner stats.

20211123_184713.JPG

Screenshot_20211123-184746.png

Edit: the battery may have been cold gating. Power going in has increased to 40kW, battery temp is 66F now.
Which update was this?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So, I called on this today and the scheduling lady told me it's an update to the camera system and needs to be done by their body shop. They scheduled the glass recall and the software update at the same time. I also scheduled it for TSB 21-2206 and will talk to the service advisor when I drop it off.
Sponsored