Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I wonder if this means OTA support will end with the warranty as well?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update 1637695250674
Sponsored

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Welp...assuming these dropped today, back to the garage this week! =) Just hoping the APIM isn't in that list. Only module in mine that won't update...

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update 1637695250674
See this is kind of insane to me. They basically have defective software that causes problems FROM BRAND NEW but you can't fix it brand new because the fix doesn't exist. Yet if you drive the car more than 36k...well...you're screwed, they won't fix it for free then even though it was defective at purchase. Just insanity.

They have to figure out a better way to do this and support future software issues.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Don't think it will show up as a recall since it's not 'required' but is available.

When the dealer pulls up your VIN in the system it will show up like this. Highlighted and all so they cannot miss it.

I had the PaaK update done. The RFA reflash was a separate thing that needed to be done too. If you've not have the PaaK update done yet, it would show up highlighted here too.
Called my dealer today to make a follow up appt related to braking vibrations (after having the front pads replaced) and they told me there are three recalls on the car. I said three? She said the third was the software calibration update. Maybe it's not a recall and she just called it that because it was listed with the other two?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

I wouldn't think so. These updates probably could have been pushed via OTA from Ford without having to pay a dealer (hence the warranty claim limits for payment). But it seems like Ford is offering to do this now, sooner, rather than having us wait for an OTA in mid 2022 or whenever.

There was no customer notification going out about this, so these updates would only be applied if the customer happened to know about (because they read about it online), or their vehicle was otherwise in the dealer for different service related reason.

"As this program is intended to be performed on vehicles already at the dealership for service, customer notifications will not be issued for this program."

I'd guess if you don't get this applied via the dealer it would come to you eventually anyways via OTA. Totally guessing.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Called my dealer today to make a follow up appt related to braking vibrations (after having the front pads replaced) and they told me there are three recalls on the car. I said three? She said the third was the software calibration update. Maybe it's not a recall and she just called it that because it was listed with the other two?
It's not a recall. Just a customer satisfaction update.

I'd say your guess is right, this update is listed in the same screen area of the system as the recalls and the dealer was conflating them.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
This morning I went in for my glass recall at the dealer and was greeted with this update.

Which made the visit worth while as the dealer refused to do the recall work after saying they would over the phone. Though they'll also look at issues related to 21-2206. But that's a topic for a different thread.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'll try to get this done when I get my accident repair done.

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Thanks. That’s what I would have expected, simpler design less weight and potential problems. I’ve read other posts on half shaft issue and my symptoms don’t fully match but it’s been something I’ve considered. Can’t explain why it’s intermittent if the shaft is bad. Seems it should be persistent or at least reproducible, which I can’t so I’ve avoided taking it in.
My MME is actually at the Dealer today getting this very issue fixed. Made the noise only when I turned.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
My MME is actually at the Dealer today getting this very issue fixed. Made the noise only when I turned.
I think I have the problem. Are they replacing the half shafts?

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
This morning I went in for my glass recall at the dealer and was greeted with this update.

Which made the visit worth while as the dealer refused to do the recall work after saying they would over the phone. Though they'll also look at issues related to 21-2206. But that's a topic for a different thread.
Tell me about it. Had the brake work done and still having problems. Dealer said they won't be doing the glass recalls until mid-Dec earliest (I didn't call for that anyway). Said they are waiting for parts. I asked what parts are needed for reseal of the pano roof? She looked it up and said pano roof foam seal, a special sealant, something else I didn't catch. Said they will contract a glass installer to do work (no surprise). Sorry, all subjects for a different thread.

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I think I have the problem. Are they replacing the half shafts?
Yes. They couldn't diagnose the issue when I had it in for the OTA update. They called Ford and this is what Ford told them to do. I'll report back when done...

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

Did you see any improvement after getting the software update? And did you previously ever get PowerUp 1.7.1? Mine is stuck in the weird 1.7.1 limbo and I don't want this to break anything.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
Did you see any improvement after getting the software update? And did you previously ever get PowerUp 1.7.1? Mine is stuck in the weird 1.7.1 limbo and I don't want this to break anything.
I haven't received the car yet as they're still working on it, but I'll report back once I do get it back. Kicking myself for not taking photos of the version numbers last night.

Prior to today, the car was in that pseudo 1.7.1 update limo. Some features in, never got a success message, etc.
Sponsored