Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Tom Moloughney of State of Charge interviewed Darren Palmer and asked him about the thermal management on the Mach E and GT.

Palmer responded: "We do throttle after a certain period of time, um, the power to the wheels, so that's something we can control over the air and we are going to change that limit. We've done that on testing to make sure the vehicle lasts the way it is expected for the customers..."

Tom's interview (throttling portion at 7:50)
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
OTA coming to change the 5 second rule!

Full context starts at 7:10 mark with Tom’s question about MME thermal management, especially in the GT.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
To paraphrase Yogi Berra: I’ll believe it when I believe it. 🤔🐩

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yeah pretty much…. Maybe 7 seconds...
You joke, but that would make a big difference.

Right now power is cut at 72 mph.

7 seconds would be around 90 mph.

I’ll take what I can get!

What I really want though is more than just an increase in the time limit.

What we ALSO need is a less steep drop off of power when “off boost.” Other cars lose 50-70 hp when not in boost mode. We loose 150hp or so.

If they gave us 7+ seconds and then only a 50-70 hp drop off…… I would be ecstatic.

Of course I would prefer full power to at least complete a 1/4 mile run (12 seconds), but will take whatever we can get.

The video also says they monitor social media, so remember….. they are always watching. 😳

OP
OP
Stang68

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Darren says he knows charging times are important and they’re working on it but that only the LFP cars will benefit from faster charging.

Darren! Please shave 8 mins off my 10-80% charging time, thanks!
Charging? CHARGING?! Get out of here with that reasonable crap! We want POWAH!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Darren Palmer: 5-second limit on full power acceleration will be "changed" 200w

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I think some watching are endowed with far too much wishful thinking. All I heard was political hot air. Ford has complete data on every single one of our vehicles. Hundreds of thousands of them, all of the data points. They're not going to change anything in these regards and people believing anything but are just kidding themselves.

That said however given the fact that sales have absolutely tanked, pulling such a move could start a whole new PR spin. If they were smart they could stage a handful of well-timed changes to keep a positive flow of social media posts / vids rolling in.

PR bump 1, improved charging curves
#2, a 1 second ~25% or so power reduction to the front motor to limit spin, and then bring in another 2 seconds or so of max power.
#3, actually launching 1.3
#4, cost effective charging port conversion solution, OR free adapters (or both)
Sponsored

Last edited: