TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ll say 80 minutes is too long for that charge. I had a similar experience at an EA charger a few weeks ago. However, I had just driven for 3 hours and it was 100 degrees outside. At that point it was drawing 70 kWh consistently. I assumed it was because it was so hot, the car was managing battery temp. Could’ve been the charger though.
Probably the charger. I've driven through NV/UT twice this summer in 100-110F temps (8-10 hours drives at 80 MPH) with no noticeable impact on charging power.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think it took about an hour to charge from 20 to 85% at the Lake City, Fl EA station. I wanted that extra 5% so that I could make it home without charging again.
Roughly 24 minutes of that should have been at L2 power (~11 kW) once it reached 80%. So about 36 minutes of high power to get from 20-80%. Sounds about right.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just looked at my only EA charge (after using up Ford's free charging), and it says it hit a max of 175. I never saw that on the screen.

Too bad FordPass doesn't provide any detail that fine.
The session summary online often shows that. I've even heard of a few around 200. Not sure if it's inaccurate, or whether it's just for a few seconds. By the time the charger screen rotates to the power level screen, it's usually showing no more than ~163kW.

Bottom line is that it's irrelevant though, as it's so short that's it's meaningless in terms of saving any time.

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Probably the charger. I've driven through NV/UT twice this summer in 100-110F temps (8-10 hours drives at 80 MPH) with no noticeable impact on charging power.
this is great to know! Some other chargers at the stations weren’t working that day, so must’ve just been a temporary charging issue. Thanks for the insight!

OP
OP

Blake Sacha

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Thanks to everyone for the great education. I have a premium ER AWD. I took it back today to the same charging station and this time got an initial rate of 124kW. It took 24 min to charge from 26% to 80%. That was exactly what is was expecting. Appreciate all of the guidance, now I know what to look for when I make my initial connection.
Sponsored