unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have a service appointment on Friday to have updates applied to my car.

I’m having a few questions about that:

- Would 2.5-3 hours be sufficient to apply the updates?
- I heard about dealers having issues applying updates, should I wait for those to rollout OTA?

My main annoyance is with PAAK/door locking behaviour and also not entirely sure what’s the status on my car for the 12v update.

Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Thats a question for the service manager at the dealer. How much time it will take. Best of luck.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Would 2.5-3 hours be sufficient to apply the updates?
Maybe, but probably not. There are steps requiring a human to click or turn the vehicle off and on or things like that. Said human will be working on your updates and on other customers' service needs at the same time.

I heard about dealers having issues applying updates, should I wait for those to rollout OTA?
? It could be another 3+ months before we begin to receive OTA updates for additional vehicle modules. Who knows? Maybe never.

I plan to ask the service advisor to schedule the glass recalls and address some concerns requiring firmware updates during the same vehicle visit.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The length of updates will depend entirely on what updates they apply. There are some that take around 30 minutes, and some that take a few hours.

When I had my PAAK update done, I also gave the dealer a list of other SSM/TSB's that I had issues matching so they could update those modules as well. They wouldn't apply those because they couldn't verify the concern even though the DTC's were there for them.

It really does depend on your service advisor and the tech doing the work. Just don't be surprised if they won't update ALL modules in your car.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select (lease ended) Now 2023 GTPE
Country flag
I brought my car in on a Tuesday at 7:15AM for an appointment I made a week earlier. It was to address the Sync TSB and to update the modules that needed it. I asked to wait, they said no. I asked for a loaner. They said no. I finally got my car back on SATURDAY (5 days later) with only the Sync TSB performed and nothing else. I hope you have a better dealer. I will wait for OTA updates for now on.

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I'll probably call the service department back to have them provide an estimate on the job and if the job is not done by EOD, then what are the options (loaner?).

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Loaners are up to the dealer. Many no longer provide them. I got a free loaner as part of my deal.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I think I'll probably call the service department back to have them provide an estimate on the job and if the job is not done by EOD, then what are the options (loaner?).
Now your talkin. Call the dealer. ?

Skolnick89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT performance to comr
Country flag
updates. Received my GTPE a few weeks ago. The vehicle is showing no updates. Should I bring it to a dealer and what are the updates?
My only issue is the time it takes the system to load when I turn on the vehicle. I assume updates won’t help.

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a service appointment on Friday to have updates applied to my car.

I’m having a few questions about that:

- Would 2.5-3 hours be sufficient to apply the updates?
- I heard about dealers having issues applying updates, should I wait for those to rollout OTA?

My main annoyance is with PAAK/door locking behaviour and also not entirely sure what’s the status on my car for the 12v update.

Thanks for the feedback!
Had my updates done on Friday. Took right at 3.5 hours before I got a call back from my dealer saying that it was done.

No obvious changes or improvements that I can see. Car is still excited that 1.4.1 has been installed.

Any way that I can verify from the car or phone that it was, in fact done?

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had my updates done on Friday. Took right at 3.5 hours before I got a call back from my dealer saying that it was done.

No obvious changes or improvements that I can see. Car is still excited that 1.4.1 has been installed.

Any way that I can verify from the car or phone that it was, in fact done?
You might need FDRS or Forscan to check module firmware versions. I’m not aware of another method but other people might know if that’s in the car diagnosis mode (don’t think so).
Sponsored