NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I am no buying the story of $18k ADM on a GT. I’d sell the GT I picked up yesterday for $15k over MSRP in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My Grabber Blue First Edition is available for best offer over $100,000.97.

???

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I am seriously looking into what I might be able to get for my Premium AWD. Checking with multiple dealers and considering auction site or auto brokers. If I trade to a dealer who wants the car bad enough, I will pay no sales tax on whatever I replace it with. I moved out to a farm where I expect I need an AWD with higher ground clearance for those rare times it snows over 5 inches. It took weeks recovering from digging out my Outlander PHEV AWD after I high centered on a snow drift. Getting a run at it just meant getting it stuck in deeper snow.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Demo cars are not legally used cars when they’re sold by the dealer. They’ve not been registered in the state the dealer us located in and the new car warranty is adjusted to reflect actual mileage of the car so that you get a full warranty period. There’s nothing unusual about that.

Whether you, or anyone else, is willing to pay what they’re asking is another story, but they will sell the car for their asking price or very close too it. The MME is a hot commodity atm.
But it depends on what the sales person calls a "DEMO"

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
My dealer said they haven't sold an MME GT for LESS THAN $18k ADM! Crazy times and crazy people with more money than sense.
Yea dealers here doing 10k at least on mach e. 20 k super duty. Raptor was 25 I think the gt 500 they sold was 30k . I could never do that. They are saying people come in 10-20 k up on there trade in and use that to wipe the mark up off. Still u loaning out a full sticker car then. Like that's crazy but people do it. It's sad seeing dealers mark up orders even that's really sad

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
My dealer said they haven't sold an MME GT for LESS THAN $18k ADM! Crazy times and crazy people with more money than sense.
Hmm.. They “haven’t sold one for less than $18k ADM.”

But that doesn’t mean the opposite is true that they “have sold any for $18k ADM or more.”

I’m calling BS.

I’m sure they said the above statement. I just don’t believe that anyone actually paid $18k ADM, let alone multiple people.

Then again, this could be the first time a car salesman told the truth. There is a first for everything.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
I've heard crazy RAV4 Prime stories and I never got it. Weak infotainment, quieter than a regular RAV4, but it's still a RAV4.

You can hit $50K on a Prime without markup, which is just crazy to me. I can get there with that car on the base models, because then it's a low 30's vehicle, and a pretty good one for that price, but you'll have a hard time finding one because they don't allocate the base to every state.

Crazy, crazy times. It'll be interesting once Covid recedes, and the supply chain gets normalized, to see how it all turns out.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Hmm.. They “haven’t sold one for less than $18k ADM.”

But that doesn’t mean the opposite is true that they “have sold any for $18k ADM or more.”

I’m calling BS.

I’m sure they said the above statement. I just don’t believe that anyone actually paid $18k ADM, let alone multiple people.

Then again, this could be the first time a car salesman told the truth. There is a first for everything.
well the ones I have seen were listed at $21k ADM when the owner cancelled the order. and those were GTs. Not GTPE. Doesn't mean they sold for that but if she said not less than $18k, I tend to believe her. I think their first GTPE order is due this month. They sell "orders" at MSRP.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Demo cars are not legally used cars when they’re sold by the dealer. They’ve not been registered in the state the dealer us located in and the new car warranty is adjusted to reflect actual mileage of the car so that you get a full warranty period. There’s nothing unusual about that.

Whether you, or anyone else, is willing to pay what they’re asking is another story, but they will sell the car for their asking price or very close too it. The MME is a hot commodity atm.
I actually learned not too long ago, that some states DO require demos to be registered. That's why ford came up with the $7500 rebate, because people buying those particular demos would've not qualified for the tax credit.

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
There is a silver GT sitting in the dealer at Perry Ford in San Diego. 20K mark up. Its been there for 3 weeks plus. 3 weeks ago I asked them if people were really paying that and their answer was ABSOLUTELY! Yet, when I took delivery on mine, there it was...still sitting there, still with the 20K markup sticker.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
How are you getting into demo this car so long and put so many miles on it when they're selling like hotcakes?what's the point of these dealers even demoing them out? local dealers around me will not demo any of these cars they did the first one and it sold after 400 miles on it. I guess I also matters the region? Around me they don't need to demo I guess people are just buying it even with dealer Mark ups for 5k plus
This happened back in May. The dealer had to wait until the demo got at least 2,000 miles on it before they could sell it. We helped them out so they could sell it quicker!! Lol I don’t know how much they sold it for?

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
Who is your dealer in the San Diego area? I'm using Gosch.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I feel like in 3 years when the time comes to get a new car I will be able to get for my used Mach-E two times what paid for it.
All I can say to that is: “I hope I can too!
Sponsored